It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

north korea is making me twitch!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
oh my god someone in n. korea better stop smoking whatever it is they smoke over there and give up on this illegal nuclear weapons testing! before you know it theyll launch another missle, the usa will intercept it, n. korea will get pissed and start launching nukes everywhere!!!

n.korea is picking a fight with the wrong country thats all i have to say about their missle testing.

Reports say three or four missiles, all of them short- or medium-range, are on launch pads.

North Korea earlier test-fired seven missiles within 24 hours, including a long-range Taepodong-2, thought to be capable of reaching the United States.

All of the missiles apparently fell harmlessly into the Sea of Japan, and Washington said the Taepodong-2 failed shortly after take-off.

The tests still triggered an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council and calls in Japan for economic sanctions against the impoverished communist regime.

news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca... line=True

what do you think about koreas decision do do this?

[edit on 6-7-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think I may have seen one or more other threads about the current N.Korea "missile crisis" on the boards these last two days...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
yea but all with different opinions

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
yea but all with different opinions

I'm sure there are a few opinions in the "main" N.Korea thread, it's not just automated, polite responses.

I really don't think there needs to be a seperate rant about it all just for people to let loose on how they "really" hate Kim.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
North Korea are not picking a fight with any country, they are testing weapon systems. Weapon systems can be a very handy thing when you have countries in the world who invade other countries under false pretences. [Countries that a large swathe of the invaders own population couldn't point to on a map]

North Korea are years away from being able to develop nuclear ICBMs:

U.S. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said the multiple firings posed no threat to U.S. territory...

...Experts say that Pyongyang is developing long-range missiles to have the capability one day to deliver a nuclear bomb, but that it is years away from acquiring such a weapons system.
Source.

The whole story is being blown out of all proportion by the media, possibly to fuel public support for the "unproved National Missile Defence System".

The fuelling of the Korean Taepodong 2 last week triggered reports, denied by the White House, that the US had prepared its unproved National Missile Defence System to take out the North Korean missile if it approached US territory.
Source.

This system is very expensive, and needs to be justified somehow:

Funding for the system is running at nearly $8bn this year, more than double what it was in 1998.

"A launch of the Taepodong-2 would give a boost to those supporting missile defence in the US," said Mr Fitzpatrick.
Source.

So relax, breathe deep, take your TV out back, douse it in petrol, and strike a match. This is just more BS media brainwashing.

new topics

top topics

join