It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Terrorist Attacks 1 Year Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
52 people died in the horrible London terrorist attacks 1 year ago. They were on their way to work, and did not know they were going to die. Then at 8:50am the bombs went off. Injuring hundreds, killing 52. May those who died families be comforted and may the victims never be forgotten.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That was a truly horrible day. No information at first, then lots of garbled details - it was a power surge, trains were being held up, no, it was a sewer explosion... and when the news came through that it was bombs the newsroom here went very quiet. The mobile phone network was down, I couldn't contact my girlfriend, who was desperately trying to call me to find out if I was alive or dead here in London... a bad day.

CX

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was'nt actualy in London at the time, but returning from Leeds and i remember going along the motorway running parralell to London. The huge digital display signs were shoing messages like "MAJOR INCIDENT IN LONDON, DO NOT ENTER".

Pretty daunting seeing a message like that when you have very sketchy details coming through.

My thoughts are with those having to relive this tomorrow when there will be many memorial services for those caught up in this.

CX.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What a day, one i will remember so well,

from hearing there was a fire then to hearing bombs where going of, then to the realization that my family would be there, trying to call but all mobiles being took down, shutting windows and doors in case there was chemical attack, calling news channels trying to get family names on the tv to call us quick, My father works on the railway, the dread of thinking we may not see them again,

watching the TV of the people coming out of the station and trying to spot your family and friends,

wondering what else the day would bring,

But a mist all of that i remember the togetherness, the strength, and the holding up of heads to carry on, and that the weekend days after this 1000's of people headed to london to celerbrate The soldiors past,

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
some images from that day

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, a weird day for me too, it was my birthday, so once again tomorrow.
I work bang in the city, and have to choose one of 3 buses, 30 being one of them, which of course went off too, i was in work early that day, so as events unravelled, watching countless ambulances go past, then being told to evacuate and leave, so a mass of us just started walking, some people would put a note in their car they had room for x amount of people, which i thought was a nice thing to do, why does it take events like this to bring people together and appreciate things??

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Two items I found in the news today..

Call for public inquiry

"They were internal investigations and I am not surprised that the politicians and security services have examined their work in secret and subsequently found themselves not to blame.

Survivors are still looking for a public inquiry to answer their questions concerning wether the security services did as much as they could have done. It dosent look like one will be forthcoming any time soon.

National two minute silence

The silence, at 1200 BST on Friday, is part of a day of events to commemorate the attacks and remember the victims.
The day will end with a public ceremony at Regent's Park in west London at 1800 BST, when the names of the 52 people who died will be read out.

Glad to see that the day will be marked to pay tribute and respect.

new topics

top topics

join