It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cancels Nuke Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Iran claims to have canceled talks on the nuclear material enrichment in Brussels do to fears of an assassination attempt. A report quoting and unnamed security official stated that there are formation of terrorist squads in Brussels from European states including Israel. Sentiment in Brussels is that Iran is playing for time over the internal political differences. The international community has set July 12 as the deadline for a response from Iran. After security assurances from the Europeans the Iranian delegation rescheduled the visit for July 11, says an anonymous source.

news.monstersandcritics .com
Iran says it cancelled talks on its nuclear situation on Wednesday in Brussels because it feared an assassination attempt on its chief nuclear negotiator, Ali Larijani, state news agency IRNA reported.

Larijani was to have met the EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana, but rescheduled for a dinner meeting Thursday, with more talks on July 11, Solana said in a statement from Brussels.

The alleged assassination concerns contrasted with reports in Brussels earlier Wednesday that the Iranians objected to the presence of Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi, president-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, at the European Parliament in Strasbourg.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know if the canceling of the meeting in Brussels is much of a real big surprise to anybody. Iran has been canceling and or refusing to talk about putting an end to the nuclear material enrichment for quite some time. Although saying the fear an assassination attempt is something new. So now the topic of discussion is the assassination attempt. Is the assassination attempt real? Or was it an excuse to buy a little bit more time?

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
english.people.com.cn
www.zaman.com
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran Nuke Program
Iran Threatens to Restart Nuke Activities

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think its a well thought out trick.

No one can question them on it, because its an ongoing sensitive investigation.
Releasing details would surely risk too many assets.

Cant send our leaders into a hostile area can we?
They should of replied
''lets hold it in Tehran then''

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Am I surprised? No.
Does it bother me? Yes.

Seems we are just not making any .way in this situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I agree we are not makeing any .way. Yes I am concerned. I just also feel that there will not be any . way made either.

A well thought out trick, yes perhaps.

So I guess all us thralls will need to wait and see what our leaders will come up with.

new topics

top topics

join