It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Naval anti-surface warfare capability

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Iranian Kilo subs are absolute crap. These Russina submarines were meant for cold water use. The warm water of the gulf causes havoc on the batteries of these boats and creates problems with cooling down the systems of the subs.That's why all 6 are never operation at the same time 3 or 4 is always dealing with issues. The gulf average depth is 50m(164ft) and 90m(295 ft) at its deepest which makes use of subs there difficult for effective use. Yes I know that these are built for shallow use but the Iranians wasted their money. Iran is not a blue water navy and hardly ever leaves the gulf and are not very good mariners and they have no over the horizon targeting capability. doesn't matter what range a missile has if you can't engage past 16 nautical miles.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Iran's sh1t was cool in the 80s.... One F-22 fighter could probably wipe out a 1/3 of their Air Force... They are not all that, and with a economy that is hurting just like our's I doubt they could afford a war with America... Even if they send their Qur'an kamikazes at us like they did the Iraqis... I am sure our Air Force would be kind enough to drop some MOABs or carpet bomb them... After all a hundred Army Rangers and Delta Force operatives held off the entire city of Mogadishu and inflicted over 1000 Somali casualties while only 19 Americans died... Yeah they shot down two helicopters, but those are replaceable. Now imagine if that mulitplied by 600,000 was supported by one of the strongest Navy, and Air Force in the world... Weve been fighting in Iraq for nearly 6 years, and so far we have lost only almost five thousand soldiers... That is not even close to the amount that was lost in the first day of the invasion of Okinawa which after all the fighting was done we had 48,000 casualties... America is not worried about Iran, just the large lakes of black gold under their sands, if we get greedy enough well just take it unfortunately since we became a imperialistic bully after WW2, and their only ally in the mid east whom Iran wants to wipe off the map... ''Israel'' which good luck with that because history shows Israel could handle Iran without America's help... They bombed em once in the 70s when they were beginning to venture into the nuclear field. Hell they beat several countries in six days.... A invasion of Iran would be twice as long as the invasion of Iraq... NOTE I said invasion not occupation... The initial invasion took 23 days... But I think that when a foe has to plant shoebox bombs on the side of the roads just to inflict damage because they cant fight us straight up is pathetic... If you want to die and become a martyr then just come out and fight us straight up... Well send you to your Allah... In the meantime I will be looking forward to a real brawl with those Russians in the coming years... This new Cold War may not be as peacefully concluded as the last one... And at least they will fight straight up and actually give us a run for our money.... As for Mig 29s in their Air Force? That is laughable... Our fighters are more superior, the pilots are more highly trained, and if the going did get tough in the air war we would just activate our squadrons of F-22s... A single F-22 could take on several Mig-29s... Their rate of climb is higher, altitude limit is higher, and their advanced radar systems could detect the Migs before they even know what happened. Hell the capabilities of the Raptor is still mostly classified... Only downside is they are expensive as hell, and we dont have a lot of them. They are our last resort really. The naval war? That is hilarious as well... The States has had one of the strongest, if not THE STRONGEST armada since the late 1800s with the Spanish American War... We wiped them off the map and we were the underdogs. Only nations that could compete with us is China and Russia...

[edit on 09/20/2008 by ki11ma11]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ki11ma11

I don't think it will be that easy because Iran has a better equiped Army than Iraq, although the U.S. will win it will be with a much higher loss, than what 's in Iraq.

I don't think you would want to see a brawl with Russia, becausethey HAVE the military to fight and defeat U.S.A. ina conventional way, and the only result will be nukes at Russia which will be delt with with nukes at U.S.A.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by 121200]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Iran has sufficient capability to badly bloody any attacker, they don't have much in the way of power projection capability at all.

For all the noise, Iran is not much of a threat offensively, nor do they appear to be preparing for wars of conquest or aggression.

Their pattern of military acquisitions belies a purely defensive strategy.

The idea that they are gearing up to attack Israel is absurd propaganda, as much as I dislike their theocracy.

Talk about a military conflict with Iran has subsided recently, the scuttlebutt in recent months has all been about moves towards beginning to normalize diplomatic relations - the rumor has been that American diplomats will be returning to Tehran before Bush leaves office.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Congrats / well done!

Keep it up.

Best wishes,
hydarnes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join