It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's Chavez planning arms-for-oil trip to N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.worldtribune.com...

interesting. Man, people are really hard up on creating this anti-american drive.

Wouldn't it be nice if the world leaders could just focus on making things better for EVERYONE and not doing things to just make a point. Maybe I am way off here.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Chavez has an agenda. He probably think he is Simon Bolivar incarnated. He does appear to focus far more on anti-Americanism (not that this is undeserved by US) than helping his people who live in what amounts to one of the poorest countries in Western Hemisphere despite its oil

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The Bush administration led the world for all this anti-american sentiment. Thanks all republicans who voted for this wacko.

If you voted for him and you're angry about you're choice, DO SOMETHING.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Venzuela is not as bad off as you put it friend. Much of what you think you know about Venezuela is US government propoganda.

Hugo chavez is a POPULARLY elected person....the US only hates him beacuse he wont play thier corporate money game....he has done better for that country than many previous leaders...so while he may not be the best thing since sliced bread he is better than our current leader.

You should read some articles about him from NON-us sources or sources supported by the US....Hugo Chavez is a great man.

But...thats my opinion

btw I am american lol

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well along with the idea that he is going to work along with a group that is considered part of the "axis of evil", I must be objective and say what would I do in such a situation? Chavez has repeatedly shown signs of paranoia that the US Government is out to get him. We all have an idea of how paranoid Mr. Ronrey (ie, Kim Jung Il) is about his security as a leader of North Korea. Both of these paranoid men are going to need to create some sort of collaberation to defend themselves (sorry, it's only logical). I say great for Chavez. The US is a force to be reckoned with (whether that is good or not, I am leaving to PTS), but their "enemies" deserve the chance to fight back. How many threats do you take from a country before you respond with defense?

As I have seen many people say "this is war." Well, if this is war, then the enemy deserves a chance to fight back. No one should ever bow to another country in my opinion, they should only work along with each other. That is to be fair on both sides. If both sides cannot act fairly, then fine, that is war and sides will be chosen.

Do I agree with what is going on? Of course not, I am only sticking to the facts as they present themselves. N. Korea showed that they would launch missiles, and now Chavez is going to show his support of denying a country the opportunity to push around others that it doesn't agree with.

I know I am going to offend some people by posting this, but I also feel that I have kept this as non political as possible and that I have put my point in without any bias that couldn't be helped, besides the bias that steers towards fairness.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Whats the betting that the arms in question will be missiles allegedly capable of hitting the US? More public opinion firmly behind the annual pumping of billions of America's tax dollars into the "unproved National Missile Defence System".

The fuelling of the Korean Taepodong 2 last week triggered reports, denied by the White House, that the US had prepared its unproved National Missile Defence System to take out the North Korean missile if it approached US territory.
Source.

Once again, how very convenient for the Military-industrial complex.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Great post Nite...and i agree with you...atleast in principal. I believe that the United States Government has attempted to assasinate Chavez....We know they attempted a Coup de tat and Chavez was overwelmingly brought back in...but i digress...I believe that N korea poses no real threat to the United States...they like many other "Rogue States" have learned that if you have WMD the US will leave you alone....but if you dont, Iraq, then the US will mess with you. Chavez has almost unified South America in a way that im sure has never happened before. Him reaching out to Kim jon i think is prolly the best chance we have at a non-nuclear confrontation...If we let a man who is from Connetitcut yet claims to be from Texas take care of this situation then we deserve what we get...and imho that wil be all out war.

Arms for Oil seems like a good plan to me....disarm and we will give you what you need to keep your country from being destroyed by US Corporations. But thats just my opinion....take it or leave it...But dont believe US propoganda reaserch for yourself before you blindly accept anything this government says...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The Bush administration led the world for all this anti-american sentiment. Thanks all republicans who voted for this wacko.

If you voted for him and you're angry about you're choice, DO SOMETHING.

Sorry to break in your parade but that is BS... anti-American sentiments have been around for far longer than the present U.S. administration has existed, this is nothing more than the global plan from various countries to attack the United States in all fronts.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Nations are learning that if you disagree with the US, you'll get stepped on in one way or the other by the US.

WMD's is a desire therefore to say "We've got these. Don't mess."

People saw what happened to Iraq.

Iran, North Korea and etc don't want that to happen to them.

Look at nearly all the nations that are considered influential: All nuclear.

Aspiring nuclear nations see that.

Perhaps next we will see a pact involving Syria, Iran and North Korea.

Who knows? If they are classed as "evil" and etc, maybe they'll start looking at each other and saying "Perhaps we should start sticking together here."

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why are people in deniel that the American goverment in messing around with Chavaz. I belive him when he say's that America is trying to overthrow the government of Venezuela.

Come on think about it. America has a very twisted and long history of what it has been doing in Latin America since the 1950's. why is anybody surprised by this.

They probably did try to overthrow him with a coup and install a puppet dictatorship just look at what happened in somalia although you can sya they wanted to stop muslims from gaining power in Somalia the fact still remain they where arming to most dangerous warlords in that country just to achive there objective why wouldn;t they do they same thing in Venezuela.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh yeah i also wanted to add.

I hope Chavaz gets some good stuff like long range ballistic missiles which would allow then to defend against American thuggery.

To be fair they wouldn't even require a missile with good accuracy alll they would need is something that could hit washington(Venezuela to wash DC = roughly 4000km) to scare the # out of the American government which would make them think twice before messing with Chavaz.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Why are people in deniel that the American goverment in messing around with Chavaz. I belive him when he say's that America is trying to overthrow the government of Venezuela.

Come on think about it. America has a very twisted and long history of what it has been doing in Latin America since the 1950's. why is anybody surprised by this.

They probably did try to overthrow him with a coup and install a puppet dictatorship just look at what happened in somalia although you can sya they wanted to stop muslims from gaining power in Somalia the fact still remain they where arming to most dangerous warlords in that country just to achive there objective why wouldn;t they do they same thing in Venezuela.

Well said.

In relation to Latin America and America's 'backyard' do you think that there is something fishy about Mexico's elections?

The Conservative, who the US prefer, claiming victory by a margin of something less than 1 per cent?

The opposition sense a rigging.

Perhaps a topic for another thread...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
Nations are learning that if you disagree with the US, you'll get stepped on in one way or the other by the US.

WMD's is a desire therefore to say "We've got these. Don't mess."

People saw what happened to Iraq.

Iran, North Korea and etc don't want that to happen to them.

Look at nearly all the nations that are considered influential: All nuclear.

Aspiring nuclear nations see that.

I actually see the war in Iraq as an invitation to get your hands on some WMDs. Imean, what has happened since? NK and Iran are both openly in development, and the US knows that it can't spare the soldiers for an outright war with these twon nations, and keep Iraq under control. If Chaves gets his hands on some, then that will again, be something that the US in inequiped to deal with at this time.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm

Well said.

In relation to Latin America and America's 'backyard' do you think that there is something fishy about Mexico's elections?

The Conservative, who the US prefer, claiming victory by a margin of something less than 1 per cent?

The opposition sense a rigging.

Perhaps a topic for another thread...

I'm not sure what happend in Mexico but i read somewhere that they found some votes in bins so i'm not sure although i think the other party is going to try and get a recount from what i understand. But this is probably better left for another thread.

I woulnd be surpirsed if America was funding and giving campain money to the conservative groups in Mexico to try and make them win. America has been trying to stop leftist groups from gaining power in Latin America for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I actually see the war in Iraq as an invitation to get your hands on some WMDs. Imean, what has happened since? NK and Iran are both openly in development, and the US knows that it can't spare the soldiers for an outright war with these twon nations, and keep Iraq under control. If Chaves gets his hands on some, then that will again, be something that the US in inequiped to deal with at this time.

As I said, nations that don't agree with US policy and it's actions saw what happened to Iraq, and don't want to get stepped on, like Iraq.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm not sure what happend in Mexico but i read somewhere that they found some votes in bins so i'm not sure although i think the other party is going to try and get a recount from what i understand. But this is probably better left for another thread.

There are irregularities and shenanigans going on, from what I've heard.

I woulnd be surpirsed if America was funding and giving campain money to the conservative groups in Mexico to try and make them win. America has been trying to stop leftist groups from gaining power in Latin America for a very long time.

Indeed.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Everybody thinks that NK is a country with all the resources available to create all kind of weapons.

The truth is that NK is a very poor country with not resources at all.

In order to keep financing their so call nuclear program they need out sided influences in the name of money, incentives and aid to used for that purpose.

Now Venezuela has resources that can be change easily into money, US also gives NK incentives and aid that is on the billions . . . we may not be buying their weapons but we sure are giving them free tax payer money that they used for whatever purpose they seem, so the question is . . .

Who is financing the nuclear program in NK.

It seems hypocritical to point fingers to Chavez alone.

Whenever NK test a new missile its as the expenses of the countries needs.

I say stop their aid and see what happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well, if things in all of these places end up like Iraq, then I feel bad for the US because we all see how things are going in Iraq.

As for being stepped on, Usually you step on something, and when you lift your foot, it's dead. Iraq is still fighting, and we don't have enough troops to fight them, Iran, NK and Venezuela. Our foot isn't that big.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Shows you that Chavez is no better than the "capitalist pigs" he claims he opposes. He is just as corrupt as any other tinpot dictator in South America and he really doesn't care about people.

Otherwise, he would be offering the North Koreans food, which they desperately need.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
As for being stepped on, Usually you step on something, and when you lift your foot, it's dead. Iraq is still fighting, and we don't have enough troops to fight them, Iran, NK and Venezuela. Our foot isn't that big.

Yep. The point I'm making in the 'stepped on' sense is being invaded, the whole 'shock and awe' theatricals.

Countries generally don't want to see that happen to them.

See, The NeoCons who planned the Iraqi War, thought it would scare other nations that disagree with them into submission, to tow 'the new order', to fall into line behind the US.

Yes, it did scare them, for a while, only they did not submit, they set about arming themselves, or making out they are, and I can't say I blame them.

new topics

top topics

join