It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a SSBI required to get a Secret clearance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm a technical recruiter and am asking if a SSBI is the investigation used to get a Secret clearance. I know that the SSBI is used to get a TS, TS/ Lifestyle Poly, and CI Poly, but again didn't know if a Single Scope BI was used to get a Secret. It helps me as a recruiter, if the hiring manager is requiring a SSBI on a resume and I find a TS, I know I've got the SSBI covered, but can the same be said if I find a Secret clearance? Thanks, John C

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
SSBI is for initial TS. NACLC and ANACI are for initial Secrets, military and civilian respectively.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
At my former job, 10 years ago, I went from a confidential to secret clearance and the investigation was SSBI. I even had to spend 2 days being questioned by some a**wipe from DoD about a D.U.I. I'd gotten 6 years previous. She was more concerned about that than the fact that I'd noted I'd tried '___' back in the mid 70s. It seemed that in her mind, one, and only one, D.U.I. made me an alcoholic and having an occasional beer with pizza was nearly a felony. I told my supervisor that if that "expletive deleted" came back for another round of questioning, he could tell her I didn't want the g.d. secret clearance and they could get another technician to work on the satcom system.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is a very detailed background investigation that is use only for high levels of clearance. Here you are:

SSBI

This should answer most of your questions.

Tim

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
An open SSBI can also allow a person to have a Secret clearance. That was the case in my last contract. I already had an open SSBI, but only Secret was required for that particular job.

top topics

join