It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noob calling is so ignorant these days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lets face the facts, we all play games with noobs in them but people call each other noobs but they dont know that theres other games out that they could easily own them (the person who called the other a noob) in other games. I get called a noob alot in one game, runescape. But they dont know that I only been playing for less than 3 hours and they have been playing for like what, 60 hours? Its making me very annoyed. They call me a noob but they should see my mad skills in Unreal Championship and I would nail them and get them so bad that they would wish they never called me a noob. And also in UT2004. I play internet matches and I'm always better than the next guy. And before I got internet hooked up with that game I played all my matched in godlike (the hardest diff.) and I never ever ever lose a match, I always have 156 points while the next best has 50. No auto aim here. And one thing that they must know that UT2004 has some of the best of the best AI in that game that you would never get bored of b/c you kill them so easily like in other games. So why call others a noob if you dont know them well?

The real noobs are the ones who play the game all day, everyday, all year without working to get a job besides living with their moms.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im just doing this to get it back into myATS b/c it got
deleted.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
To my knowledge there are two types of newb/noob.

Newbie aka Newb

Some one who is new to game/discussion board/or the like

Noob

Someone has experience in game/discussion board/or the like and is either extremely annoying or unskilled.

Protect the newbies slay the noobs

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Then people dont know what noob is. They call each other noobs for silly names and levels your at. I never say anyword in runescape, all I said was "anyone want weapons? They are free" and these two ppl call me a noob. And one of them was at a lower level than me.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was getting that on WoW (world of warcraft) when I was boosting up my enchanting levels. People would actually go out of their way to message me, "roflmao omg you are a noob! you can't give those for free!" I then would have them meet me outside the city limits, duel them, and let them eat axe!

I don't even let that bother me anymore, I'm a good player, mostly everything done in teams, and I am very good. So let them eat cake, I don't play their games inside a game anymore

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Those angry kids are so predictable in first-person-shooter games.

"sit down noob"

"boom headshot"

"lol powned"

When the pompus lunatic gets an humility lesson. Then his words turns to:

"omg wall hax"

"turn off the aim bot"

"cheater"

The kid quits the game out of frustration. "roflcopter!"

Another notable characteristic of these people calling other players noobs, oddly enough they always join the winning team. If their team start losing, they switch to the other team, instead of helping to lead their own team to victory. They are useless players.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I never switch to the winning team, one time I joined a halo server for a match for PC and these guys on the other team were amazing. They predicted every single move my entire team did. There was this one guy who went on the mountain trail in blood gulch and hid behind that rock, you know by the base and started sniping everyone with a pistol and everytime I go for the sniper rifle he kills me with a head shot and when I get it and zoom he keeps shooting me for I can hardly zoom. Plus he strafts behind the rock and shoots then behind I wait and he goes on the other side. He was imposssible until I learned from him and killed him everytime he went up there until he stopped. Plus this team had a sniper in the middle and for some reason he always knew where everyone was. The team will even go behind my base and go up the hill those one in blood gulch good for sniping and kill everyone. But its almost imposible to hide from me b/c I will shoot you in your and or any open spots you a revealing. I killed everyone who went up there and then they stopped so I stopped looking for it and they KNEW that so they stopped and then when I was off guard on that hill they did it again. These guys fighted like they were in the frikin green berets. They were in formations and everyone was at my base and they all had the best weapons and evertime I would relspaws I would either get sniped in one second or fuel rodded. These guys knew when you respawned like they were counting the time in their heads and came back and shot me. If these guys were on halo 2 please believe me I aint lying I swear they would be like on level 70 or 99 if there is such a thing. One time in that match I went to their base, no one was there then I was going through the entrance and I got sniped with head shot. The only things these guys did were headshots. They had and I swear perfect accuracy. Also everyone on my team except me sucked really bad or they just werent good against these inhuman gamers on the other team. These people the only way they could be this good is if they bought the game the day it came out and played it everyday for hours and hours 24/7 all year all the way up to now and still do. I mean it, these guys were probably the best on that games online play. They were impossible. You want to know how good they were? It was capture the flag and they had 18 captures and we had zero. And they got a flag capture about every minute. If you ever played these guys you would agree with me that these are ppl that gotten so good it would be impossible for them to not lost a game. There was this one guy on the team who had like 475 kills and everyone else either had somewhere in 200 or 300. Now this has to do with this thread b/c I said "if anyone on my team switches to the other they are a noob" and as a matter of fact no one did. They just quit until there was like 2 ppl left on my team.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
Those angry kids are so predictable in first-person-shooter games.

If their team start losing, they switch to the other team, instead of helping to lead their own team to victory. They are useless players.

Thats what I tell them, I get stuck as either the only one on my team or out of 2 and I say, "come one why dont you help your team out instead of being such a noob". Or Im on the winning team moslty thanks to me and other good ppl and we have a bunch of noobs who switched to out team. One time I was playing a match in Halo for PC and I got most of the kills and most of the flag capture except one. I also hate it when I play ppl who arent smart in CTF. One time I was in the warthog and this other really smart dude like me got in the back and without words we went to the enemy base and he knew that we needed a quick excape for a driver so he went in and got the flag. When he gets in the warthog he will come to me and we just knew this without talking to each other. We got about 9 flag captures with just the two of us and we had our own smart way of positioning it so the back is in the door so the guy in the base could go and get the flag come back and have an easy and quick way of getting in instead of walking out and getting shot. We never died when we did that Im pretty sure, the only time if we died was once. But it was my idea for that positioning thing and he did it for me and we both were smart never having to talk to each other. Not really the same thing as this but going in battle in the military and not talking or using any forms of verbal or hand communication except action communication which something that I call as communicating with some smart person who smart enough to know what your doing by actions.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it gets me so mad when I buy a game and people start complaining that your either a no good noob or your cheating, just play the fracking game you bunch of w*nkers!!!!

A fair while ago I bought Toca race driver and a steering wheel for my pc, at the time in single player it was a cool game, but online my god!!!! You only had to clip some ones car and you'd get flamed and people asking for a restart' get a life its just a game!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I don't even let that bother me anymore, I'm a good player, mostly everything done in teams, and I am very good.

chatting is a skill? lol

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Newbies are okay. They are new to a thing and need to be raised in it, like a baby bird. awwww. NEWBZ are annoying pretentious bastards who think they are L33t in stuff when they are teh suxxorz.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Best noob related tale I have to tell is when I re-rolled a new character on WoW and caught tons of crap for asking questions about quests I hadn't done in like a year. Of course if you want to see great examples of why some people deserve the label noob (or my personal favorite nublet) then watch the LFG channel on wow once (LookingForGroup for the uninitiated) never have I seen such a pile of useless drivel before.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
(Mod edit: Hacking instructions removed.

From the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

Originally posted by SimonGray
2b.) HaXor: You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.

This account has been permanently banned. --Majic)

[edit on 9/5/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The other day I visited a brand new forum and they were already calling each other noob.:shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Where ever there is internet, there shall be n00bz. So sayeth the Lawd.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
shut up you noob.

lol, jokes, sorry.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Also I think being someones girlfriend because the guy gave you something in Runescape is noob. I could be wrong but I see that kind of "I'll be your girlfriend" kind of stuff all the time in Runescape. - Usually associated with new people.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what is the point, at the end of the day everyone must start somewhere, they were once noobs so whats the point, also why can't they just grow up, i think people should be able to report that as abuse because some people do get offended by it

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I get offended because even know I had the game for years, I never get to play it.

top topics

join