It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Prophecies/Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,
This is my first thread so please bear with me.The Bible says beware false profits.Since there are so many prophecies out there from earthquakes to tidal waves to armegeddon which should we belive?Better yet if someone says God or some higher power told him that something will happen should we belive him because he said God/higher power said so or could it be that Satan told him to try and decieve him?So could Satan be behind all of the prophecies in order to undermine us ? The people who get messages from angels and god about the future could it really be satan in desquise?Just a thought.
Personally I take prophecies with a grain of salt.I keep a open mind but i don't run around like chicken little.Also why are all the profits/future seerers so full of doom and gloom?Whay can't one of them come out and say hey 200 yrs from now we will still be here. Hope to here from all of you.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by othello
Hello Everyone,
This is my first thread so please bear with me.The Bible says beware false profits.Since there are so many prophecies out there from earthquakes to tidal waves to armegeddon which should we belive?Better yet if someone says God or some higher power told him that something will happen should we belive him because he said God/higher power said so or could it be that Satan told him to try and decieve him?So could Satan be behind all of the prophecies in order to undermine us ? The people who get messages from angels and god about the future could it really be satan in desquise?Just a thought.
Personally I take prophecies with a grain of salt.I keep a open mind but i don't run around like chicken little.Also why are all the profits/future seerers so full of doom and gloom?Whay can't one of them come out and say hey 200 yrs from now we will still be here. Hope to here from all of you.

The bible many times talks about NOT being deceived, and to beware of false christs and false prophets. Astrology, predictions, nostradamus, evangelical televangelists etc etc. Everyone seeks to find answers, but no one searches in the bible, but instead seeks some outer source.

It will be only those grounded in scripture that will know and understand what will happen in the future pertaining to the end of the world etc. And i don't mean being spoon fed by your priest or pastor, but studying the word, line upon line, precept upon precept. Compare and contrast.

I see some people on these forums look at both sides of an argument when it comes to say the 9/11 towers falling down and there's a government cover-up. People research the stuff and many come to the conclusion that there was indeed a coverup

THe same can be applied to bible doctrines and bible prophecies. Pre-trib or post-trib? STUDY UP, Research on it and draw your own conclusions.

But i'll say this, anyone who looks for prophecies or from any external source other than the bible, is doing it in vain. Because the Bible so far has had a track record of being 100 percent accurate, so i'll stick to that percentage.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Read, read, read the Bible. Know what God says in it.

As far as telling who is a false prophet
Deuteronomy 18:[20] But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
[21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
[22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If your heart is a peace with the life you are living and your soul is at peace with your creator, whoever you consider that creator to be, everything else is just icing on the cake.

All the prophecies of doom and gloom are just whispers in the wind when you have found the peace that the good lord has provided for each of us.

I don't care if I die tonight or an earthquake shakes me out of bed or the planet gets hit by an asteroid. (I seriously hope none of that happens)

Make peace with your life and with your god. When you do that all the prophecies in the world will be nothing more than empty words.

This is just my humble opinion.

wupy

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far.They have been food for thought and enlightening.I still find it disheartening that some people will still believe in psychics/and so called prophets that are continually wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have another question.Since we should look in the bible for prophecies are they all through out the bible or are they just in the books of Revalations and the books of Daniel?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by othello
I have another question.Since we should look in the bible for prophecies are they all through out the bible or are they just in the books of Revalations and the books of Daniel?

They are all throughout the Bible.

top topics

join