It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another example of that 'peaceful religion'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
2 Somalis Killed for Watching World Cup
www.breitbart.com...

Radical Islamic militia fighters in Somalia shot and killed two people who were watching a banned World Cup soccer broadcast, a radio station reported Wednesday.

Hard-line Muslim fighters, who wrested control of the Somali capital from warlords in June, have forbidden people from watching television or movies in line with their strict interpretation of Islam.

But I guess this is Okay since it doesn't effect anyone here......

[edit on 5-7-2006 by ferretman2]

mod edit:
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 6-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

Fye

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Even though they are fellow moslem, I acknowledge them as stupids and idiots. And even though I know it sin, I might gladly kill them if I given the opportunity.....I mean those stupid Somalian militia.......I hate arrogance......

Thats my personal thought....Im radical, and conservative in some ways as well........

Yet, I guess god's knows better.....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
any other source reporting this?

also if this is true it effects everyone (domino effect)
one person actions can be used against others.

the irony to this there are muslims that played in the world cup
i would know one of them goes to my local mosque and plays for the team i support

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

the irony to this there are muslims that played in the world cup
i would know one of them goes to my local mosque and plays for the team i support

Muslims they are, but not fanatics like these guys.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Shall we begin the list of offenses done by that other 'peaceful religion' Christianity?

Please Stay On Topic

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you can find me a religion that hasn't spawned murderous fanatics, I'm all ears...

Zoroastrianism maybe?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Another source? Since when it the AP considered questionable?

Okay....

www.chron.com... (same AP source)

The following is a more in-depth article:

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is an important issue and I hope that you will have the patience to bear with my response.

Islam itself is not a violent religion. I am a Muslim, and I have never beaten, raped, killed or assaulted a single person in my life.

Why would you condemn me, or put me in a "box", so to speak, because of the actions of a soldier, or even the government itself, in Somalia?

I do not renounce all Christians because their corrupt government. I do not blame all Christians for the actions of Jeffery Dalmer, or Charles Manson, or Tim McViegh, do I?

Why not, you might ask?

Because as any Christian will tell you, these people, although they all SAY they are Christians, did actions that were very UN-Christian.

Where is the logic behind condemning an entire system of religion, with 1.7 BILLION adherants, by the action of a few?

This is a terrible story, and shows the bitter evil that exsists in the heart of man, but is in no way a reflection of Islam. Killing people for not listening to you when you tell them to shut the T.V off, is not an Islamic ideal, nor is this type of behaviour allowed in Islam.

Just as Bush, who claims to be Christian, yet projects a violent demeanor, does not represent Christianity, these people do not reflect Islam.

I realize that, "fighting them there, so we don't have to fight them here", and "smoking them out of their holes", and "wanted dead or alive", do not mean the same thing as when Jesus said, "Forgive your enemies"...

Did you know that Jesus is also a prophet in Islam, so all of his teachings are OUR teachings too?

That doesn't mean that these days people are following these teachings.

In my opinion, there is NO religion right now that is being followed correctly by ANY religion. That does not mean that the religions are bad, only the people who claim to follow them, and don't...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Please move the thread back to WAR on TERRORISM. This article shows the type of individual involved to the World-wide fight on terror.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This thread is an attempt to portray a religion as violent. You chose to focus on the religious aspect, and not the terror aspect. Not to mention that this has nothing to do with the war on terror. This, if anything, would fit in current world events or something.

GSA

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh another 'don't lump all Islamic peoples / Muslims together' thread.

Well lets hear some dissent from the 'not my religion' crowd for once. Lets hear some support aginst this encroaching madness of a so called religion. They all bleat that its not really islam, so why in gods name do they allow such barbarity and savagery?? Its the 21 centuary don't you know? we no longer think a telly is witch craft / or herbs are the domains of witches...

Hmmmm the sound of silence. If the Mullahs won a world war, conquered the world, would these so called moderates be so moderate? you only have to look at young islamic youth in europe to find the answer...... fanatical to the last, willing to travel the world and fight at the drop of a hat, and yet, when they get captured and thrown into Guantanamo bay the protest because it breaks their poor darling little rights!!

So lets get this straight...moderate at home, hard line away is it? yeah right of course... thats why the raids on the mosques in London turned up so many weapons and fake ID's and passports isn't it? Oh and did we hear condemnation of all the hate speak spouted from the immans of london and the rabble with him....eeerrrr silence again on that one too....

Im a skeptic, and this trips my skep some thing rotten.

All i can say is that in the 21st century, we face an enemy that is willing to drag us all back to the 1st century if it can manage to get its way.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You know, those Christians are all a bunch of Racist hate mongers anyway

I mean look at them

Don't you think this belongs in the War On Terror section as well?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

All i can say is that in the 21st century, we face an enemy that is willing to drag us all back to the 1st century if it can manage to get its way.

You mean Pat Robertson?

Violence is no more inherent in Islam than it is in Christianity.
Those who pretend Christianity hasn't gone through it's own violent & fundamentalist periods (or indeed that it doesn't have it's violent & fundamentalist strains even now - think Eric Robert Rudolph) are pulling off a remarkable feat of selective blindness.

How are the tragic deaths of these innocent young men so different from the thousands of innocents that were burned at the stake in the name of Christianity?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
update since i doubt most people will look it up

bbc
The Somali gunmen who shot dead two people watching a World Cup match have been arrested and will face Islamic justice, an Islamist leader has said.
Hardliner Sheikh Dahir Aweys says the killing of a cinema owner and a young girl was an accident. The gunmen could face the death penalty.

The Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) controls much of southern Somalia.

The World Cup broadcast ban is not official UIC policy, but some courts do not allow matches to be shown.

Somalia has had no effective central government since

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You can't blame all muslims for the actions of a few.

new topics

top topics

join