It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Glomming Headlines For ATS Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bush nukes Iran...what do you guys think?

North Korea fires off long range missile...what do you guys think?

Israel invades Gaza...what do you guys think?

Please, friends, stop regurgitating headlines here and saying "what do you guys think?". We READ the news. If you have no opinion, do not ask us for ours.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!

Or at least look at the "new posts" page (don't forget P@ATS) before submitting your post.

We have had about half a dozen North Korea threads and about four Ken Lay threads this morning. Everybody wants to start a thread to discuss every aspect of the same story. There's no reason you can't have a comprehensive discussion in the same thread.

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have to agree.

This really isn't intended to be rude to anyone at all, but for goodness sake, please look before posting.

If there's already a really well developed, organized thread, and many people are participating in it, starting a brand new one at the same time is just being disruptive. It makes it difficult to participate and also makes it difficult to read all the ideas in one place.

Regarding the other point, link regurgitation is VERY annoying.

Our beloved ATS is a Discussion Board, not AP. If I want a collection of articles I'll go to AP. What we want here is our users' opinions! If you saw an interesting article somewhere, don't post a link to it and ask everyone else what they think. Tell us what you think. Discussion happens when multiple people take part. Simply posting a link and asking other people to talk about is NOT participation in a discussion.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The ubiquitous "what do you think of this video?" Followed by a link.

/rant

top topics

join