It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Lay's death is BS!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My opinion is that Enron's demise is linked to a conflict within the National Energy Policy Development Group, the highly secretive and still censored energy task force meetings from January til May 2001 which were to shape the Bush administration's energy strategy[1]. For an administration composed of oil executives, guided by military contractors and civilian intelligence agencies, this energy strategy -- from the war on terror to the annexation of overseas oil and gas fields -- probably was the base for the Bush administration's ensueing, and rather extensive, foreign policy.

Under the frame of these task force meetings, Vice-President Cheney met at least six times with Enron executives. The last time was on April 17th 2001, and the administration issued its (official) report exactly one month later.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The trouble started shortly after for Enron -- following these meetings. Named most innovative company in America by Fortune Magazine in February 2001, and highly lucrative up until April 2001, is it a coincidence that the corporation's demise, with bankruptcy declared in December 2001, was to follow so abruptly after the closure of the energy task force meetings?

How the Enron company failed to recover from the rather classic corporate hickups from which it suffered, is asking the technical question of how a corporation could be professionally framed by an administration, the intelligence agencies obeying its orders and the legal powers that it undoubtedly controls. "How did it fail and how did it fail so quickly?" asked Kenneth Lay during his trial about Enron, further calling the bankruptcy a more ‘complex’ story, and maintaining (just as did his colleague Jeffrey Skilling), that Enron executives had no motive for conspiring against their shareholders. A credible argument, given the succesfulness of the company, and considering the psychological character of its directors. Indeed, Kenneth Lay, contrary to the belief of the gullible people, is not your typical corporate gangster. Rather a highly succesful businessman whose character failed to bestow the needed respect by the highest administrators in the White House, possibly by George Herbert Walker Bush himself.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Indeed, how did Enron fall so quickly? Any corporation is fragile to inside executives like Sherron Watkins or Andrew Fastow selling out on their bosses. Maybe they did so to obtain personal gains, or because of their loyalty to external third partners (linked to the administration?). Many of the rumors around Enron's books, this much is clear, were based on nothing more than gossip. Artificially triggered by internal disclosure of the corporation's financial policies -- causing investors and shareholders to grow increasingly skeptical about the companies' future -- Enron's bankruptcy was a forced affair, initially causing the Justice Department to have an interest in the Enron rumours only reluctanly. The Enron executives never got a chance to a fair trial: several legal experts agree on the overcriminalization of the Enron indictment [2], and it indeed appears that the prosecutors succeeded in nailing the defendants to the wall for a long time, regardless of the legal justification to do so [3].

Ken Lay may have been a Bush financer, but that doesn't mean both families are real friends (is there such a thing as friendship in those circles anyway?). Another argument is that when Bush declares something to the press, he generally means exactly the opposite. The publicly declared 'friendship' between his father George Herbert Walker Bush and Kenneth Lay, ultimately, could well be a ploy rather than reality.

Indeed, if Lay really was a Bush crony -- as he is traditionally portrayed to be because of Enron’s donations to the Bush campaign -- there's no chance his supposed friends in the administration would have let this corporation go down. Indeed, if Enron would have been a loyal partner in the Energy Task Force, especially with such risk of exposure to their own agenda, the trifle problems surrounding Enron would have been effectively covered up instead of blown wide open.

On the other hand, one could imagine what would happen if Enron failed to agree with the 2001 Energy Group meeting’s proposals, while having first hand information about their content and their implications for the covert policy the Bush administration is so notorious for. It is to be suspected that if a highly placed man like Kenneth Lay wasn't loyal enough to Bush’s global agenda, he and his unloyal colleagues would get relentlessly persecuted, overdramatically punished, and even find themselves in a life-threatening situation. Enron's story of fast judicial destruction, Clifford Baxter's strange suicide, and Kenneth Lay's sudden massive heart attack bear the hallmarks of what has happened to many other people who failed to agree with the White House’s policies, or were too well informed about its decisions.

[1]NRDC's Review of the Bush Administration's Energy Task Force
[2]Overcriminalization?(PDF)
[3]Heaviest charges don't involve Enron

[edit on 22-7-2006 by DeltaT]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well... How convenient! Because of his "death" his conviction has been "erased". I'm interested to know now, what if anything, will happen to his estate. I wouldn't be suprised to start hearing rumors of Ken Lay sightings in Argentina.

Judge Vacates Conviction of Ken Lay

HOUSTON _ A federal judge Tuesday vacated the conviction of Enron's late founder Kenneth Lay, wiping out a jury's verdict that he committed fraud and conspiracy in one of the biggest corporate frauds in U.S. history.

edit: Oh, here we go...

Tuesday's ruling thwarts the government's bid to seek $43.5 million in ill-gotten gains prosecutors allege he pocketed by participating in Enron's fraud. The government could still pursue those gains in civil court, but they would have to compete with other litigants, if any, also pursuing Lay's estate.

Prosecutors asked Lake to delay this ruling until Monday, the scheduled sentencing date, so Congress can consider legislation from the Justice Department that changes current federal law regarding the abatement of criminal convictions. Congress recessed for the elections without considering the legislation.

Gee, I wonder why? Anyone feel like looking into connections between Lay and Judge Lake possibly by way of Bush?

[edit on 17-10-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Well... How convenient! Because of his "death" his conviction has been "erased". I'm interested to know now, what if anything, will happen to his estate. I wouldn't be suprised to start hearing rumors of Ken Lay sightings in Argentina.

His estate now goes to his heirs and since he was never found guilty they cannot seize that money. The privateer kept it right where it was intended to go. The Lays will be comfy cozy with other peoples hard earned cash.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Exactly... Don't worry, nothing to be suspicious about here. Keep moving people.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There's a whole heard of Houston lawyers waiting to carve up the Lay estate and the rest of those uber-bandits who got fat from Enron in civil court. If his widow gets anything from his estate, it won't be much. Don't worry about her though, they were tucking away money in her name from the get-go. Ken Lay didn't own a damn thing. It was all in his wife name. They were using his money for their high off the hawg lifestyle and writing it off as a businees expense. Like Capone said he was just a business man.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Gee, I wonder why? Anyone feel like looking into connections between Lay and Judge Lake possibly by way of Bush?

Maybe Ken Lay will be living on that 98,000 acres the Bush clan just bought in Paraguay.

I know in my heart that emm effer is still alive. Sometimes there is no justice, but I'm comfortable with the fact that he will have to answer to his maker at some point.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm comfortable with the fact that he will have to answer to his maker at some point.

Not me. That bastard should have fried in front of all those he screwed over - then let the devil have his fun with him. When this is over his wife and family shouldn't have a dime left that came from his dealings with Enron but you know that won't be the case. And I haven't researched enough yet (but I plan to) but I have little doubt he's still alive. It's all just too coincidental.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here's a pretty good site I just found that has a lot of personal information about Kenny Boy if you're interested... Ken Lay Info

I like this...

Ken loved Enron, and saw the company as one of limitless possibilities.

... I'm sure he did.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
An interesting development for this line of thinking may be in the offing.....CNN actually is talking about "a wide spread rumor that Ken Lay faked his own death".........!!!?????

Perhaps some of the main stream media will begin to investigate the possibility with some seriousness......they'd have the resources to track him down, if anyone did!!

PS.....I thought he HAD been convicted, but not SENTENCED, and that's the loophole he crawled through!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Any links to the CNN reports? I couldn't find any.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry, no links.......just something they mentioned when I was watching. It was a couple of days ago, and on the 'Situation Room' as I recall......If I get a chance, I'll look for a link.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
okay, if we're going to assume that everything major that ever happens is a conspiracy, then we might as well assume that this message board is also a conspiracy designed to propogate disinformation.

And then this follows:

Tony the Tiger was chosen as a mascot for Frosted Flakes because Kellogs wanted to give children the idea that tigers are friendly, and that will exterminate many children that wrongly assume that tigers are friendly creatures(basis: what do tigers have to do with cereal?).

When I got a speeding ticket last week it wasn't my fault, I wasn't going that fast, and me getting caught and pulled over was a result of a conspiracy that the legislature and the police planned in our state capital, which included a plan for the police to wait for me(basis: it wasn't my fault I got a ticket).

If more than one of you get mad at me for saying this, and I get flamed, then that was a conspiracy, too, designed to discredit anybody who would go against the mainstream.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We've heard it all before, c3hamby. Try something more original next time.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And I've heard that before.

Maybe it's coming up again because it was never addressed the first bazillion times.

Original or not really doesn't change the dynamics of the situation.

Why does every single thing have to be a conspiracy? Maybe it is...but why do we have to jump to that conclusion? I mean, it almost seems that it would make headlines if everybody accepted everything a face value.

Otherwise we are going to have to assume everything is a conspiracy.

Well it is a message board, so I guess we have to have something to discuss.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think there IS a conspiracy here. I think there is a very good POSSIBILITY that there is one. The timing of his "death" couldn't be more convenient and the circumstances, like how quickly he was cremated, leave the door open to second guess the official story.
Why do you have such a problem with people not believing that KL is dead? What's wrong with people getting together to discuss what happened and try to draw their own conclusions?

[edit on 25-10-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Why does every single thing have to be a conspiracy? Maybe it is...but why do we have to jump to that conclusion? I mean, it almost seems that it would make headlines if everybody accepted everything a face value.

Do you even understand that you are posting to a message board that was created entirely to deal with conspiracies?

Look friend. Kenneth Lay was found guilty on six counts of conspiracy and fraud. What would have stopped him from committing one more conspiracy while he was still a free man?

Nowhere in the mainstream media or local press did I read, see, or hear anything concerning the belief that Ken Lay may have faked his death to avoid punishment. Its been kept online for the most part, like most conspiracies that the mainstream media just will not touch upon.

Your reasoning that Kenneth Lay's death could not possibly be a conspiracy despite the fact that he was just found guilty of committing a criminal conspiracy couldn't be more closed minded.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Frith]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes dear, I do know that this is a conspiracy board. I'm just stating my opinion, just like everybody is. Freedom of speech, etc....

I'm cool with you if you want to talk about Ken Lay possibly being involved in a conspiracy.

But if you say that based on the scant information that you have, that because he was bad before, he's being bad now, and he's definitely part of a conspiracy to fake his death then that's as closed minded as you think I'm being.

My whole point is that people are way too quick to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon. Nothing more.

Ken Lay has the right to die of natural causes. If you take that away from him, then you're taking away more rights than you think the government is taking away from you, and you're probably disrespecting his wife and him too if you're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join