It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Lay's death is BS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If it quacks and has feathers its probably a duck. Ken Lay commited suicide. I dont hate ken lay anymore than I hate oprah winfrey.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Death usually comes in threes. That's an apolitical, isn't it? I suppose if I mentioned something about that other old oil-man, Cheney, it would be?

Is this: Isn't Cindy Sheehan from CA? Maybe that's why her kid had to join the military, help her pay the electric bill after Enron soaked them to the gills with their ponzi scheme--and we know who got rich and who ended up dying that time. (The Curse of Cindy Sheehan)

I just burned some japanese beetles in my garden, maybe I'll make a curse of my own. LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Let's see the body!!!

Dude was going to prison for a long time and his buddies high up are helping him get out of the mess he's made. He's gonna end up in another country under an assumed name like the nazi war criminals of old.

Don't knock it, the timing is highly suspicious.

Peace
True! We have a winner here! Did he leave behind a wife and kids, by any chance? Because i think we could dig deep into this, maybe and find the truth. So, I wonder why "Scooter" isnt dead yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

He's gonna end up in another country under an assumed name like the nazi war criminals of old.

If it's South America, he'll be Cheney's frontman for the oil there. Costa Rico is a popular place for the high and mighty to hang out too.

DJ, his wife is Linda (see my post from yesterday) and he has five children, and nine(eleven?) grandchildren.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was watching NBC Nightly News last night and I timed the length of the Lay story, it was only three minutes compared to about eleven on North Korea. Besides that the North Korea fearmongering took top billing. I find this strange because we hear about NK freakin' daily and Ken Lay, the focal point of the most notorious corporate sleaze machine of all time, only dies once. It's almost as if the news was telling us that the Lay news was no big deal to them so it shouldn't be to us.........just let it go. Now in the paper this morning one of the headlines is how the government is going to vacate the case against Lay altogether.

I'm more convinced now that we've been had.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Snowmass colorado is a rural resort location that is practically empty during the summer months.

There are hundreds of luxury cabins in the area that are uninhabited during the summer. Whole neighborhoods lie vacant, with perhaps a security check here and there by an owner or a security company.

The wealtheir the cabin, the more isolated it is from the neighbors (and potential witnesses).

All you need in order to be dead is a death certificate.

The county medical examiner writes a certificate when he is shown a dead body, and is "satisfied" that the body is that of the person in question.

In rural areas, the ME is frequently a County Judge. In really remote areas (like mountain valleys and resort areas) the ME is frequently a city magistrate or justice of the peace who has sworn to keep good records.

The ME is hardly ever either in law enforcement or a doctor or paramedic (to keep THEM from committing murder). The M.E. is merely a third party who probably wasn't already present at the scene of death, but will testify that this is in fact the person purported to be dead.

As a LEO, I often explained a crime scene to the M.E., pointed out the evident cause of death, etc. Only once have I had an M.E. order an autopsy when the cops and paramedics said the cause of death was natural---and that M.E. did it because the widow said she planned to sue a caregiver for malpractice. The M.E. did it as a favor to her, because she couldn't afford a private autopsy to further her lawsuit.

Ken Lay, while the possessor of an infamous name, is not a person most American could pick out of a police line up. (Unlike say, Martha Stewart) Can you give me a description of him, right now? Fat, white, balding old dude with a shyster's grin? Yeah, right; there's only two or three men fitting that description all the ski resorts of colorado . . . . I was actually describing Dick Cheney, or Ken Starr.

My point is, in Snowmass, you probably have a non-medically trained ME (who is a politician, not a cop or doctor), few witnesses, and a lot of rural roads in and out.

Of course, if he was taken to a hospital, then the doctor probably did the paperwork. Once the paper is filled out, the body is released to a funeral home, or whoever has a letter from the family to pick up the body, and says they are from a funeral home.

The county clerk's office should have a receipt for the death certificate in the public record. Probably cost $2.50 to photocopy it so you could post it on this thread. . . . Heck, a person could phone the Pitkin County Clerk's office in Aspen, and ask for the "Line entry number" in the clerk's log. That staffer wouldn't be lying. If (s)he said they'd seen the original certificate, I'd trust 'em. . . . but if they couldn't or wouldn't give me a line number, an official entry in the clerk's record . . .

Basically, If I was an old white guy whose name was infamous, but whose face was unkown, and I were purported to be dead, I could stay in a friends cabin until october, when all the tourists start to show . . . see, friends could stay in a neighboring cabin, and carry groceries throught the woods for a couple hundred yards up to where I was staying, and there'd never be a stranger to see me, or a record that my friends were up in the mountains. . . .

[edit on 6-7-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
How unfortunate

The link below is rather interesting too:

www.cbsnews.com...

When I heard of the death, I immediately thought he might have been 'silenced'. He was a big guy with a lot of connections. If he was going down for life, he would spill the beans for sure. The above link shows there is already a precendent for this in the enron case.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I too, find this rather conspiracy-esque...

What if:

Lay threatened to spill the beans on everyone and everything that ever happened with Enron...Knowing he would have to come to this, thus putting a target on his back, he logged the information in some sort of way...a computer, a journal, telling secret people who are unknown to those that this negativity would effect...thus giving him bargaining room...

They couldn't "silence" him...in fear of the information eventually coming out..so what do they do?

Ship him off to some uninhabited area, set him up with numerous luxuries and things he would need to survive for the rest of his life....heck, they could have already even changed his appearance by now...

If the man is dead, he's dead.....but I've got a feeling he isn't.....it is going to be interesting to watch.....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When I look at his pic, it sure seems to have a weird look to it. I thought usually a person gets pale after death, except for the mortician slapping some make-up on your dead corpse. But he actually look like he has a super tan and what is that black line on the side of his head?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The 'autopsy' has been complete..no sign of 'foul play'

Ken Lay Autopsy

Yeah..sure,he is playing golf with Tupac and Elvis right about now

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is the cover of this morning's NY Post...

Kinda funny to see that there after 4 pages of discussions of possible foul play right here on ATS...

Maybe someone over there was reading.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trash_Bag_Helmet
i bet he was going to start giving people up, what did he have to lose. other than his life apparently

First thing I thought of, is that his death was at the hand of another.

I see a man of extraordinary wealth, caught with his hand in the cookie jar way after he had stolen the majority of what was in there. Knowing that what he took belonged to many influential people, it makes sense that there were many who didn't take kindly to his theft.

An OD of insulin, a shot of air to the circulatory system, and countless other very hard to prove methods of extermination could be the cause.

I agree that if he knew too much and started to give people up, his days were numbered in or out of prison.

I think the intrigue of the Hitler/Elvis scenario of self imposed exile is all too easy for many to jump to as an explanation. There is some exciting thought that prompts us to want to believe that someone can live out their lives without detection or penalty.

There's more here than we'll ever know!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Smiling requires the activation of facial muscles. There's no way that can be an actual photo of a dead Ken Lay. Dead people look asleep because all their muscles are relaxed.

Either Ken Lay is on the lam or they silenced him. That's how the Gubmint-by-Mafia works.

I'm more inclined, seeing this photo, to believe he's gone, not dead.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ummm... folks...

The picture posted above...

Is a spoof. It's a mannequin wearing a paper mask. Look closely.

It was intended to be funny.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It is funny and yet horrifying that people looked at that photo and article and thought it was real. That website is trying to be like theonion.com

Come on, you guys didn't really think that was real right?

BTW, Nothing wrong with checking to make sure he is really dead. That is just good legal and medical practice. I am also not against going that extra mile and conducting rituals used to keep vampires from returning from the grave like cut off his head and removing his heart. He was a vampire. Lets set an example.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm just having a hard time believing he was murdered. If he really did have the goods that threatened certain people he would have made sure that he didn't become one of the expendable, I mean he can't be that freakin' stupid! You don't roll with that crowd and not know how things happen.

I think that early on Ken Lay was told that he had to take the fall for this because of the epic scale of the crime. Deals were made secretly behind the scenes which have now culminated with his sudden, but hardly newsworthy (relatively speaking) demise.

As far as murder goes, I remember when this whole thing first came down one of the Enron high-ups "committed suicide" right down the street from where my parents live. They found him in his car in the median with a gunshot wound to his head. The media explained it off as this guy had a lot of guilt over what he had done and offed himself. It was always fishy to me. I think he was silenced. Maybe a hitman posing as a police officer pulled him over and blew his brains out. Ken Lay had powerful enough friends to make this kind of thing happen. Beleeb it!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah i dont think he was murdered..No proof on why he would be or committed suicide the way i see it is a fake death i mean its just so conveint he takes an abulance ride in the middle of the night when no one would around in a totally unpopulated town it has to be faked.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GregR1965
When I look at his pic, it sure seems to have a weird look to it. I thought usually a person gets pale after death, except for the mortician slapping some make-up on your dead corpse. But he actually look like he has a super tan and what is that black line on the side of his head?

wow...just wow.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The rich or "ELITE" as people are starting to call them, can do whatever they wants to do as they see fit to manipulate the legal system in the America. Think Kobe, OJ Simpson, Kenneth Lay and even Michael Jackson. There is two different systems in the judical, one for the rich people and other one for the rest of the people. It doesn't bother me that I'm one of common people and I can see through them easily. Kenneth Lay did died but he left the huge advantages to his family..... The money. His family will keep the millions but it wouldn't surprise me if its really BILLIONS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join