It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Congressional Member Has the Most Racist Tendencies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In the spirt of the "Cynthia McKinney Website Has Racial Slurs" (and being told to post my own website about "other politicians"), I would like to ask a very simple question:

Which Congressional Member Has the Most Racist Tendencies?

1)What they have done to disenfranchise members of another race via their speeches, public policy and governmental endeavors?

2)Include reasons why these acts mentioned above reflect their "racist tendencies".

3)On a scale 1 to 10, how bigoted are they?

This is not a partisan question. Both republicans and democrats will be given an equal weight. And please, in the light of calm debate, do not use stereotypes about any race or simply attack the congressperson in derogatory language. Please respect the T&C guidelines. Treat this as a survey.

However, historical figures are allowed, if you can think of any.

Thanks!

[edit on 5-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Interesting question asked Ceci, but no reponses so far. I wonder if it's because we don't see racism as such a major problem in Congress, or no one really wants to discuss racism in general.

I haven't noticed any problems with the ones I'm watching at the moment, but my watch list is more focused on my area of the country at the moment.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'd like to make a pre-emptive defense for two senators that could be mentioned as being racists.

1. Joe Biden, D-Delaware
2. Robert Byrd, D-West Virginia

(I'm using the full name of the states rather than the typical abbreviation so that 'other-than American' posters will know exactly which state they are from.)

#1. Biden's recent remark about needing an Indian accent at the 7/11 is being construed as a racist remark. But to me it's a mere observation and he's been watching too much Simpson's over the years, eh?

I'm guilty myself of putting on a Paki accent when I talk about my cardiologist!

I haven't seen an apology from him, (if there was one) but I'd like to hear from one of their own (an asian convenience store worker) what they made of the remark.

#2. Bob Byrd, the Dean of the Senate. Now there's a case that should interest you, Ceci. I'm sure you've heard of the 'white 'n-word'' comment?

This transcript (of the remark being made to TONY SNOW) and editorial thinks he was referring to Bill Clinton... The word ''n-word'' referring to people of low character and loose morals.

I expect the West Virginia voters will understand exactly what their Senator was trying to say.

I think it had more to do with white people 'working for da man' and not being able to escape the tyranny of servitude--in one manner or the other. West Virginia is a coal mining state. I saw my father coming home from the mines looking like a vaudevillian in black face. The grandfathers, both miners also, I never had a chance to see. They were both dead before I was born.

Which brings me to #3. Hillary? The coal mines were to the north what the plantations were to the south.

Now tell me Ceci. The article I refer to says that Byrd made the remark in an interview with TONY SNOWJOB. If he was so shocked at Byrd using that term, why would he turn around and five years later--in his FIRST interview as press secretary to the POTUS--use an equally derogatory phrase? And not know what the hell he was saying?

[edit on 12-7-2006 by psyopswatcher]

new topics

join