It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enron Founder Ken Lay Dies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Enron founder Kenneth Lay died early Wednesday in Aspen, Colo., a family spokeswoman said. Lay, 64, was awaiting sentencing after being found guilty of conspiracy and fraud. Early reports are that he was admitted to the hospital overnight after suffering a heart attack.

www.cnn.com
In a statement, spokeswoman Kelly Kimberly said, "The Lays have a very large family with whom they need to communicate, and out of respect for the family we will release further details at a later time."

The spokeswoman did not release any further details, but CNN affiliate KPRC in Houston said Lay, 64, was admitted to the Aspen Valley Hospital overnight with a massive coronary

In May, Lay was found guilty of 10 counts of fraud and conspiracy related to the collapse of Enron, the energy company he founded that eventually grew into the nation's seventh largest company before it imploded after an accounting scandal.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't imagine the stress this man was feeling, but it was his own actions that brought it on. I think of the family today and their sorrow and heavy hearts.

I hope that other business people learn a lesson from this whole ordeal as well.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by elevatedone]

[edit on 5-7-2006 by elevatedone]

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

The article says they'll release details later. I can't help but wonder if it was a simple heart attack. You're right, the stress he was under had to be incredible!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the family and mean no disrespect for the dead when saying this. It's hard for me to really feel sorry for the man himself. How much stress did he give to thousands of families who lost their jobs/pension etc.? No, I really don't feel for the man...his family yes. I hate to be this way but you make the cake, you have to eat it too.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I figure this guy was starting to feel guilty about his wrong doings and couldn't stand it anymore. He went on and on how the lord was with him and he has nothing to worry about. (thats the first sign of being guilty). This once powerful man now having to go to jail, i believe it ate at him. He would have been eventually pardoned by the president, but he didn't want to spend a second in jail. He probably had a real good life insurance policy for his family, so he decided to end it. He probably decided to have one last good time with his family over the July 4th weekend and took a hand full of pills that night after a really good firework show. There are some pills, if taken enough, will cause a heart attack. We will have to see if they do a real autopsy on him, i doubt it though.
I guess he has paid his debt to society. What goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Although I send my deepest sympathy to Mr. Lay's family, I can honestly say that the people of California are not especially sorry the man died. It wasn't too long ago that he was laughing all the way to the bank while the state suffered "brown outs" repeatedly over the summer.

Furthermore, he met with Gov. Swartzenegger before the "recall" of Gray Davis happened. Now what business what conducted there, one will never know.

But now Mr. Lay will probably be languishing in eternal fire now.

That is...if he's truly not overseas escaping his sentencing.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Or we can hope that he got on his knees at the last and received forgiveness.

Though his actions were horrible, I can never take solace in any human beings death.

Semper

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Its a shame that he got off so easily without ever having to compensate for his crimes. I would normalyy say I felt bad for the family but Im sure they are living quite nicely on some of his hidden ill-gotten gains and possibly Insurance funds purchased with bad money. I wonder if an autoposy was done? A man like that with power and influence you never know. A body double for the most powerful people of the world is not unthinkable and money surely isn't an object thats for sure.

Pie

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I agree with several others. While I feel a bit of sympathy for the families, Ken Lay himself was a scumbag and good riddance. He crushed the hopes and dreams of so many so that he could profit. He got what he deserved.

brill

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
A body double for the most powerful people of the world is not unthinkable and money surely isn't an object thats for sure.

Reminds me of the movie with Chevy Chase - "Fletch". Although, the double would have to be almost exact. In Fletch, the body was going to be burnt beyond recognition and only dental records used. Sorry to get off subject.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This has CIA fingerprints all over it. Just like when William Casey conveniently died just as he was about to testify against Bush I about arms for hostages. You don't think ol' "Kenny Boy," who was all set to go up the river to the big house, was getting ready to drop a dime on GWB and his nefarious dealings? Wake up and smell the cyanide, people. This is the kind of conspiracy stuff this website was built for!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
This has CIA fingerprints all over it.

That possibility is being discussed here. Some pretty interesting points being brought up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More about the possibility of him living in the Bahamas about now...

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Wake up and smell the cyanide, people.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the header for this thread. "OMG, the CIA killed him with a "heart attack". These cats are no joke folks. I'm gonna go get all proxied up and hide away somewhere until this NWO crap is done.

Scary!

I feel for his family but he made his bed.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Some say he could be alive...what purpose would that serve? His warden would know...i just dont get it.
Stress kills. I dont think he'll burn in hell either. He's just gone- Hell is way too crowded.

ok, i've read further and i could see his "death" may have whisked him away to an undisclosed location by the government. they gotta take care of their buddies.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I believe this is similar to the way Slobodan Milosevec died? (and millions of others, I know) The leading cause of death in this country is heart disease right, so it's a pretty good way to murder someone without anyone asking questions.

new topics

top topics

join