It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will US troops move into N. Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
IMO if the USA have any balls then they will march straight into N.Korea and sort them out!

The way i'm starting to see the US is like a cowardly bully. They are clearly the most powerful nation in the world and therefore deserve the status as world police.

Only I think They're not doing their job properly. It seems that they're only willing to muscle in if there are benefits involved and if the enemy has no military capabilities. How long did it take for them to standup to Hitler and the Nazi party?

They went into Iraq on the basis that they had WMD's. Now we know that was a lie and the US' only interest was in the price of oil.

Now N. Korea HAS got some extremely destructive weapons. Not only have they produced these weapons, they've gone and threatened the US with them. That's like a short skinny weasel pointing a gun at Batman.
Is Batman just going to stand there and let the skinny little weasel do what he wants? No way!
Are the US going to do anything about North Korea strutting their stuff? No way!

Because they're cowards. And if the US d decide to take some action then whats the worse that could happen? A few million Americans and N. Koreans die. That's not big loss. It's be a brave move in my opinion. Sacrifice a few million inocent lives for the sake of what's right. if they let Korea get away with this then who's next. Iran? We just gonna let them get nukes too?

Once again I'll state my position. If the USA have any testicles worth showing off, then they will march straight into N.Korea and kick some butt!

[edit on 5-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

mod edit: grammar in title

[edit on 10-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
are you actively trying to get banned, or are you just ridiculous? the thread was trashed previously for a reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
yes but I was advised that if I changed the title I could repost it in it's correct place. This is what I have done.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
you didn't change the title though. it's still indicative of a possible troop movement, as opposed to an opinion on what SHOULD happen. there's another thread dedicated to this discussion as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
you didn't change the title though. it's still indicative of a possible troop movement, as opposed to an opinion on what SHOULD happen.

Yes I did, I put a question mark at the end of the title which clearly shows that it is a suggestion rather than fact.

there's another thread dedicated to this discussion as well.

I had no idea. Do you think my thread is better?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i guess it's a matter of semantics. anyhow, i'm not a moderator, so it's not my place.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

kick some butt!

I was listening and would of replied my opinion until I saw this racist comment, so I suggest you change it before you are given a warning or are banned.

mode edit, comment was changed in original post

[edit on 7-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Noted.

I wasn't being rascist, I was just being an abnoxious jerk.

Apologies.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
Noted.

I wasn't being rascist, I was just being an abnoxious jerk.

Apologies.

That's cool, just looking out for you.

PS I do agree on the suspicious focus from the USA on the 'oil rich' passive countrys rather than the real dangers especially NK.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow, it seems like everywhere I go I run into some moronic post of yours dorothy. Everytime I pull up a thread I see some sort of racist or just plain idiotic comment of yours. I think its about time you realized these boards are for discussion topics, not pushing your hateful, bigot agenda.

*Note to mods, not attacking personally, just blowing off some steam*

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Wow, it seems like everywhere I go I run into some moronic post of yours dorothy.

That's not very nice dude. maybe that subconciously your following me...

Everytime I pull up a thread I see some sort of racist or just plain idiotic comment of yours.

I'm not rascist, never was and never have been. If i said "Look at that big ol black butt" in reference to a shapely african-american lady, does that make me rascist? If in your book it does then I'd advise you to get a sense of humour. In the words of the great Lenny Bruce - "it's just a word, man"

I think its about time you realized these boards are for discussion topics, not pushing your hateful, bigot agenda.

I'm not being hateful nor am I a bigot. I'm just presenting an argument. Call it playing devils advocate if you like. You don't have to agree or even reply.

*Note to mods, not attacking personally, just blowing off some steam*

What's up dude? why are you blowing off steam? I can't answer that for you but one thing is for sure...you surely were attacking my character.

However. Unlike you probably would I'm not going to 'report' you because I don't really care what you say about me. I'm too happy in my life to care.

good day friend

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Once again, I was not attacking you personally. I was blowing off steam because this thread was the second time I was thinking I was going to see some new information on US troops and North Korea. Your titles for these threads have been incredibly misleading. I open the thread to see its only your opinion. And I'm not the first one to notice this, others have made the same remarks in this thread as well. So don't take it the wrong way, we're good. I just got frustrated from being misled.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The basic question here is quite worthwhile and it's a pity that there has so far been so little engagement on-topic. Granted that a few people might have been understandably put out by the use of certain words, but I still think that to Deny Ignorance and Apathy we should give a little attention to the actual topic here.

Fact: In 2003 the United States found it worthwhile to engage in a war to prevent a member of the Axis of Evil from possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Fact: North Korea is a member of the afforementioned "axis", however arbitrary or ridiculous that label may be in the eyes of some.

Fact: North Korea has weapons of mass destruction, openly admits it, and is flaunting its attempts to develop a means of delivering them to the continental United States (While the Taepo Dong II which recently failed can only reaching Alaska and Hawaii by most reports, Taepo Dong III, which is in the pipeline still, has ambitions for a range that would endanger the western half of the CONUS)

This begs the question of whether or not the fact that the general public allowed the war in Iraq to happen (as opposed to stopping it through civil disobedience) implies acquiesence to the idea that we should attack North Korea (keeping in mind that given the premise that the citizenry did in fact allow the war to happen, the logical alternative to implying the need to attack North Korea is either that Americans are afraid or that Americans consciously made exception for Iraq because of their mineral wealth).

Last I checked, this was the kind of thread that would quickly get to page 3 on ATS, so why not discuss it here on PTS? Is it only fun when it's naughty?

Let's go gents... surrender_dorothy's proposition, which I have done my best to restate in my pretentious academic dialect, is so far virtually unchallenged. Any comments? Opinions are welcome, facts are encouraged, and pretty much anything short of T&C violations or felonies will be grudgingly tollerated.

top topics

join