It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy dog causes stink at airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A novelty dog toy which breaks wind as it bends over has sparked a major security alert at a US airport.

Page designer Dave Rogerson said he could not believe what was happening to him when the life-size mechanical terrier set off an explosives detector at Norfolk airport in Virginia.
-----------------------------------
See rest of article at

www.ananova.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ahahaha. Finally, something else other than guns and weapons.

Did the dog have any chemicals in the "wind breaking mechanism"? If it does, the person should have had moer common sense not to bring it on board.
If it didn't, which makes sense if it's mechanical, then why would it cause a reading on the highest level?

The police did the right thing though. A exploding dog is a very dangerous weapon.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I guess this is the price you have to pay for heightened security. Whats next... you wont even be able to BRING luggage onto a plane you'll have to just buy your clothes at your destination.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Its hard to say, but I'm dreading taking my electronics through airport security next year on the flight out to Defcon. A long haired dude with a goatee and a case full of electronics will probably not go over well
Even last year they went over my laptop with a fine tooth comb.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Its hard to say, but I'm dreading taking my electronics through airport security next year on the flight out to Defcon. A long haired dude with a goatee and a case full of electronics will probably not go over well
Even last year they went over my laptop with a fine tooth comb.

I don't think electronics will be a problem, as long as they're not comples (I guess you can say that laptops are complex) and you can turn them on. If you're bring on a large carryon, be prepared for them to check it. Don't worry, everyone gets a hard time at security. I hate it when they check my shoes...

Security is almost oppressive nowadays. In Calgary International, there's this alarmed zone that if you stop walking in teh middle of it, a alarm sounds and the police come and get you. It would suck if you dropped your passport while walking through there.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
I guess this is the price you have to pay for heightened security. Whats next... you wont even be able to BRING luggage onto a plane you'll have to just buy your clothes at your destination.

a little too extreme no?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo

a little too extreme no?

considering they wont let you on a flight with nailclippers......no its not too extreme for them. too extreme for us yes but not them.

anyone care to explain how you're going to menace someone into relinquishing control of an aircraft with nailclippers without being laughed at first let alone be taken seriously???

actual knives i could understand, hell you could kill someone with a pencil if you wanted to but do they ban pens and pencils??? i bet not.

security while supposedly protects us it also shows us how stupid those in charge of security really are. taking knitting needles from old ladies is a good example. WTF is grandma gonna do? hijack the plane and make everyone go to a bingo hall?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Messing with old ladies in airports does happen. My grandmother recently spent almost 6 hours dealing with airport security. She has a pacemaker, and as a result of that, she can't walk through the metal detector, and they can't use the wand on her cause it might fry her pacemaker. But, you know, a 65 year old natural born citizen of the country is probably faking a pacemaker owner's card thing and planting explosives all over her body to trash a plane

I suppose if you wanted to take control of a flight with nailclippers, find an obsessive-compulsive crew, go into the cockpit, and clip your fingernails and leave them laying around. While the crew is crawling on the floor looking for nail particles, take the flight controls!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well, how fun is it to be aboard an unbearably stinking plane when you can't get out or open the window?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
Messing with old ladies in airports does happen. My grandmother recently spent almost 6 hours dealing with airport security. She has a pacemaker, and as a result of that, she can't walk through the metal detector, and they can't use the wand on her cause it might fry her pacemaker. But, you know, a 65 year old natural born citizen of the country is probably faking a pacemaker owner's card thing and planting explosives all over her body to trash a plane

I suppose if you wanted to take control of a flight with nailclippers, find an obsessive-compulsive crew, go into the cockpit, and clip your fingernails and leave them laying around. While the crew is crawling on the floor looking for nail particles, take the flight controls!

LMAO. It probably might work! Hijacking my nail pairings!

You think electronics will give you problems going through security, try going through a metal detector with 9 piericings. The bells go off, I was pulled aside, and had to point to the various metal protrusions all over my body, plus, the odd look from security, who passed the wand over my tits and crotch expecting to find piericing in those places, plus having to take off my shoes, then my socks, then remove my toe rings......I didnt know silver will set off metal detectors! I remeber pre 9/11 the metal detectors didnt even go off for my body Jewlery, let alone silver, yet I guess they have more sensitive ones.... good thing I dont have fillings! I hated the stupid looks from people as I have to lift my shirt and show them that I do indeed have a belly ring, and no, I do not have gential or nipples rings, stop putting the wand there, its giving me the willies!

Of course, nothign was as bad as the 4 hours I spent in UK customs getting interrogated for my reasons for coming to the country. The only things I took along were my passport, clothing and basic toiletries (minus nail clippers and other metal objects) and a box of prophylactics. I figured this would pretty much state my reasons for comming (to visit my boyfriend) but obviously not.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by kaoszero

LMAO. It probably might work! Hijacking my nail pairings!

You think electronics will give you problems going through security, try going through a metal detector with 9 piericings. The bells go off, I was pulled aside, and had to point to the various metal protrusions all over my body, plus, the odd look from security, who passed the wand over my tits and crotch expecting to find piericing in those places, plus having to take off my shoes, then my socks, then remove my toe rings......I didnt know silver will set off metal detectors! I remeber pre 9/11 the metal detectors didnt even go off for my body Jewlery, let alone silver, yet I guess they have more sensitive ones.... good thing I dont have fillings! I hated the stupid looks from people as I have to lift my shirt and show them that I do indeed have a belly ring, and no, I do not have gential or nipples rings, stop putting the wand there, its giving me the willies!

Of course, nothign was as bad as the 4 hours I spent in UK customs getting interrogated for my reasons for coming to the country. The only things I took along were my passport, clothing and basic toiletries (minus nail clippers and other metal objects) and a box of prophylactics. I figured this would pretty much state my reasons for comming (to visit my boyfriend) but obviously not.

maybe they just turned them on after 9/11. its the only way i can explain how a person with piercings could go through a detector and not set it off.

BTW silver IS a metal. metal + metal detector = ding ding ding! we have a winner! what did you think it was? plastic?

and now you know that! lol

new topics

top topics

join