It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: The Troggs "Wild Thing" And "Authentic Troggs Recording Session Audio"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

PODcast: The Troggs "Wild Thing" And "Authentic Troggs Recording Session Audio"

A few months ago, someone who I knew in the RECORDING INDUSTRY, sent me an unbelievable TREASURE from THE PAST. An AUTHENTIC pirated audio of part of one of the RECORDING SESSIONS of the famous 60's groups call "The Troggs". Their most famous hit of all time was "Wild Thing". But for those of you that may be from another planet and who have never heard of this FANTASTIC GROUP..... This audio, courtesy of "The Troggs" and Their Official Website noted below, will bring you up to speed. The song, of course, is PURE MAGIC..... but the AUDIO of the RECORDING SESSION that follows immediately behind it... is PRICELESS! Enjoy! Dave

Biography

The Troggs were signed by the manager of The Kinks in 1966 and recorded on Larry Page's Page One Records. Their most famous hit was the single "Wild Thing" (written by Chip Taylor), which reached #1 in the United States in June 1966. Its combination of a simple heavy guitar riff and flirtatious lyrics helped it to quickly become a garage rock standard.

They also had a number of other hits, including "With a Girl Like You" (a UK #1 in July 1966, U.S. #25), "I Can't Control Myself" (a UK #2 in September 1966), "Anyway That You Want Me" (UK #10 in December 1966), "Night of the Long Grass" (UK #17 in May 1967), and "Love Is All Around" (UK #5 in October 1967 and US #7 in February 1968). In the early 1970s, in an attempt to re-create their 1960s successes, the Troggs re-united with Larry Page, now running Penny Farthing Records, but the resulting cover version of the Beach Boys hit Good Vibrations did not capture the public's imagination. The Troggs still exist and still play gigs. Their original drummer Ronnie Bond died in 1992.

"Wild Thing" Courtesy Of The OFFICIAL TROGGS WEBSITE: www.my-generation.org.uk...

length: 13:52
file: btsmpod_1778.mp3
size: 3255k
feed: btsm

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Now this is pure class.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks Implosion......

Over the years I have amassed numerous things like this which I will eventually share with my ATS brothers and sisters over the coming months. This is one of my top favorites as it gives folks an INSIDERS VIEW to what really goes on during a recording session. If other AUDIO like this was available for OTHER GROUPS, folks would have a field day. I have, somewhere, a similar thing that was sent to me years ago of The Beatles...... which, when I find some time, will have to SEARCH FOR. Now THAT is some classic stuff too. John, Paul, George and Ringo arguing over one of their TOP HITS.

Thanks for the comments.

Dave

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That was priceless. So much analizing over what is already a perfect bit of rock and roll.

It reminded me of the countless sessions in this studio.

Thanks, Dave

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
fairy dust and all that swearing ,very funny indeed thanks for sharing this

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
That was priceless. So much analyzing over what is already a perfect bit of rock and roll.

It reminded me of the countless sessions in this studio.

Thanks, Dave

Hey Masqua.....

I'm right there with you on SIMILARITIES
! Although my High School Rock Band only did ONE SONG, and we were THRILLED to be even doing a record, we had a FEW disagreements during our marathon recording session. And, as you already know from experience, the LONGER the session... the MORE IMPATIENT the ARTISTS. It is extremely evident in THE TROGGS session that they have been there for awhile.

Thanks for stopping in and saying hi!

Dave

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's gold, thanks Dave. I'd heard about that track for years, but never actually heard it. Fairy dust, lol I like his response.

It lives up to the stories, thanks man

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
That's gold, thanks Dave. I'd heard about that track for years, but never actually heard it. Fairy dust, lol I like his response.

It lives up to the stories, thanks man

Fingapointa....

Yeah, I had heard the same stories years ago too. What is funny, I can close my eyes and SEE these Brits having this confrontation. Here is a photo of them in the "Wild Thing" days. Should have put it up sooner.

Thanks for stopping in.

Dave

top topics

join