It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Global Pandemic of the Positive Kind.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
So, in short, you can't disprove anything I have said. Am I right in assuming that, since your post didn't address the fact that I proved you wrong about airborne ability being related to size or any of the other very basic virology you apparently don't really know?

Hey didn't I say go to Google and type a few of the things I posted here???

Trying to provoke me like that is frankly childish.

I've done my research and I consider myself very fortunate to be in the position I am in, I don't make myself out to be anything other that.

However, I am not here to do your research for you, if you like others here have asked for sources I have pointed to interesting places to start but I am not here to do others work for them.

This post is purely intended as I way of discussing potential of emerging biotech technologies. It was never meant to be an argument with some medical student about what they perceive as set in stone.

If you want me to be honest with you, I would say that if you are to be exceptional in the field you have chosen, then learn to think outside the box or you will always be in the shadow of the people who make their thoughts reality.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
(Mod note: This is an example of how not to treat other members. Please see below for more details before responding to this post. --Majic)

Originally posted by Neon Haze
These last two posts are totally indicative of the type of obstacles Science has from within.

I am totally tired of people saying you can't do this you can't do that.

Now you sound like a spoiled brat.

Lightspeed? hmmmm interesting.. matter cannot go faster than light?? but what if matter could travel a physical distance faster than light by travelling sub luminar speeds??

Dude, it's not about the fact that nothing can go faster than light. It's about nothing going faster than light in the normal universe. Einstein simply concluded that, and everyone began to misinterpret it. Especially the public.

Most physicists would be willing to accept that something can go faster; but since there hasn't been a single occurence to prove otherwize it is simply presumed not to occur. Right now we surely can't go faster than light. Unless you can and you are not sharing.

I.E Wormhole

Nobody proved that you can travel through wormholes. If you truly wish to learn than stop assuming stuff is true if it is on television. Most scientists doubt that the idea is possible; at least without some sort of alien high tech voodoo. If you fly towards a black hole you die. If stuff went towards another place, black holes wouldn't grow. They also wouldn't emit radiation which is left of all the stuff they destroyed.

I also find that here on ATS there are so many people that are there to totally trash a thread by just taking the exact opposite view to the original post.

Taking the opposite view is called thrashing? Well that is the difference between scientists and pseudo-scientists. Scientists like a debate: it is their chance to prove themselves correct. Pseudo-scientists FEAR debates; cause they are short on evidence. I came to post that the idea of the guy that started the thread is incorrect. You disagreed. What am I to do? The guy asked whether it was possible and I replied it is not, should I have lied?

my best advice is stop being so negative!! Stop trying to prove you are cleverer than others and most of all stop trying to mislead others by saying that things are not true when you have no evidence of any consequences to back up your negative replies firmly enough.

You are the one trying to make yourself out 'cleverer' than others. I made one post and you replied that I didn't know what I was talking about. Cause you where sooo all knowing that a mere student like me can't know better!

And I gave plenty of evidence! Unlike you! When was the last time you actually read an article? Not just the dramatized BS those moron journalists write but a real article?

The Key is beyond reasonable doubt.... so you can conclusively say that it is not possible?

No I said it wasn't possible with modern science. Perhaps in 100 years it is, who cares? By then we probably have much better ways to do the same. Who can know?

If however you wish to check out what I'm saying... why not try by typing some of the things I have discussed here straight into Google....

Telling people to go search Google is not evidence and 1000 websites ain't equal to 1 fact. That fact is that we can't do that nonsense you want. Good thing aswell otherwize every nutcase could do it.

No matter what I say there are those who will take the total opposite view and quote so called reasons why not.

That is because you are just a single person and there are billions of people.
You seriously believe that you are right on everything and noone should be allowed a different opinion? And you accuse others of thinking themselves smart!

And facts are not "so called reasons". They are facts. I dare you to prove me otherwize and construct your little virus. With your mastermind it should be no problem at all ?

My message to those people would be --- OPEN YOUR MIND --- perhaps information that goes beyond your established views is valid.

Open your mind too much and your arse will open too. And guess what comes out?

[edit on 8-7-2006 by reallynobody]

(Mod note: From the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

This is not the way to address fellow members. Your opinions on the topic are welcome, but your opinions of other members are not. Please endeavor to distinguish between the two.

I have issued a warning for this post, and would normally edit the insults out, but I have opted to leave them in as an example in this case. I strongly recommend that you confine your commentary to the topic at hand in the future, and avoid posting your off-topic appraisals of other members in these forums.

Please contact me via U2U if you wish to discuss this matter privately. --Majic)

[edit on 7/8/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by reallynobody
[Open your mind too much and your arse will open too. And guess what comes out?

seeing as you haven't been here long I guess you don't understand ATS.

I have reported this to the mods.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm trying to imagine 8 or 10 billion healthy human beings living to be a 150 years on a dying planet. The work needs to be done on fixing our environment to acommadate a future, and all signs are that it is not happening. And I also agree that the unleashing of new viruses on humanity may produce unwanted mutations.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Source

Moreover, analysis of the methylation pattern of the p66Shc promoter in a panel of primary and immortalized human cells showed inverse correlation between p66Shc expression and methylation density of its promoter. These results identify histone deacetylation and cytosine methylation as the mechanisms underlying p66Shc silencing in nonexpressing cells.

of course, i'm no expert, but if they say it's about methylation of certain genes, let me introduce you to epigenetic control of gene expression, if you haven't heard of that term already...

i mean that demethylation should be do-able without a viral vector, or am i mistaken?

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Too bad stupidity isn't an offense. And why did you ignore all the points I made?

BTW im not posting from my own account as there are log in problems.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by absolutelynobody]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
i mean that demethylation should be do-able without a viral vector, or am i mistaken?

Yes and no. As most things it isn't that easy.

There are already protein kinases known that can methylate/demethylate genes, but at least with many kinases their activity seems to depend on many conditions intracellularly. Also, for most genes that are regulated through methylation no (de)methylating kinase has yet been found.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
I'm trying to imagine 8 or 10 billion healthy human beings living to be a 150 years on a dying planet. The work needs to be done on fixing our environment to accommodate a future, and all signs are that it is not happening. And I also agree that the unleashing of new viruses on humanity may produce unwanted mutations.

I totally agree with you. I think we would defiantly need to find the equilibrium for this planet.

Personally I think that we could reach a time when we have total climate control and control over the environment becomes in built into our everyday existence.

However I also think this maybe an after thought for the people that struggle for longer life spans. The survival instinct for humanity is in built and in grained in us all, however this instinct seems to sacrifice all else other than the survival of the individual.

Of course we do have compassion but it appears in not enough quantities to quash our need to progress.

But that progression I think is the key. I think that with ever increased life spans I believe we will progress exponentially until we reach a point of total nirvana.

I understand what you are saying about control over a virus mutation has not been done so far and so would be hard to image a time when we could. especially when we have problems dealing with the nasty viruses that exist naturally.

But as I mentioned earlier it would be possible to create a virus that could only mutate in a coded way, any deviation from that code, any un-authorised mutation would cause decoherence and the virus would simply fall apart.

In actuality the virus issue detracts from the gene p66Shc. Which surely should take centre stage in this discussion.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutelynobody

Too bad stupidity isn't an offense. And why did you ignore all the points I made?

BTW im not posting from my own account, SOMEONE appears to have hacked it.
I guess that is what you get for trying to put some sanity in the madness on this forum.

You may want to look at this, it appears you ar enot the only one with login dificulties.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You may want to look at this, it appears you ar enot the only one with login dificulties.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found that out. Now would you mind answering the points I critized your post on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join