It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogging: A success story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I spent the past 2 days reading through all the blogs - each and every one - and I was quite disappointed to see how many have no entries, or just one entry that promises the universe and all its secrets. So my question is for the "Three That Be": Are you happy with the current status of the Blogs? You obviously had high hopes for the Blogs, seeing that you're willing to fork out great prizes including a PSP to promote Blogging on ATS. The competition stage is creeping closer, and in my opinion few blogs are worthy of any prizes (there's about 20-30 blogs that's really worth-while)...

Then the second question is towards everyone that purchased a Blog and left it for dead... Where are you? Where are the brilliant entries that you promised?

Just curious.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've noticed some of the same things, though I have not ventured through everyones. Mine doesn't have a fancy banner or anything, but I've got about 20 entries in there, all of which I think are fairly entertaining and worth reading, especially my Conspiracy Theory of the Day stuff. but there are a few members that I would like to see blogs from, but either they haven't purchased one, or they haven't entered anything but maybe an intro post. Where are you all?

But I have found those with numerous entries highly entertaining. And I forgot about that PSP thing... maybe when that whole thing actually kicks up it'll get more bloggers blogging.

d1k

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
IMO blogs in general are just plain websites with their own type of layout. Never understood why these things took off as some new cool thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Between moderating, posting on ATS, posting on other sites, work, and the rest of that strange other dimension I'm addicted to called "real life", I only have so much time to dedicate to my blog. And I try to go for quality over quantity.

So shoot me.

Okay, don't.

No, no really, I was just kidding...

AAAAARRRRGGGH!! HEEEEELP!!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Good lord WCIP,

You know there is nothing more important than ATS and I know you have no real life to speak of.

And what is this other site crap? Have you been cheating on us????

I demand blog entries from you. Well, maybe not demand, but I strongly insist you comply with my request. Enough excuses buddy.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In The Bloghouse

The deal I made with myself before "getting back into blogging" was that I wouldn't feel obligated to "feed the blog" and would use it as an adjunct to what I enjoy most: discussing topics in the forums.

So I see my blog as an extra tool in my communication arsenal, not an end in itself.

Now and then I'll copy a post I'm proud of to it, or make some entries that are unique to the blog.

I can also use it as a sort of "status page" with comments about me and what I'm up to, which is kind of nice.

My blogging philosophy: hakuna matata.

No worries.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
You know there is nothing more important than ATS and I know you have no real life to speak of.

Well, I just recently moved to a new city where I know nobody, and I'm working at a new, 6.5 day-a-week job, so yeah, you're not real far off the mark at the moment.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The problem is that most of the blogs are well, just blogs. Not to reign on anyone's parade but I don't think people are THAT interested in learning about the latest shannigans of your babies, pets, neighours, neighbour's pets and babies, pictures of all the aforementioned or what have you.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I blog 5 days a week. I take the weekends off mainly because I actually leave the house and do things on the weekend

I blog on things I’m interested in so I don’t have much of a problem getting that entry made almost everyday.
There have been a few times where I scramble to post something, and I hate that feeling. But knowing that I get about 50 hits every day gives me a lot of satisfaction. That more than makes up for the feeling of doom when I don’t have a topic to blog about.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I get that same feeling of doom when I have had a particularly stressful day and can not focus enough to write.

Semper

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've been having a hard time living up to my 'word' on blogging...well just once I broke my word of having a blog up the next day, but I didn't figure anyone was actually taking the time to read it anyhow.

I've gotten a new internet connection and hopefully my computer will run smoother and faster at home now, so I can make time to do it at night from now on. Hopefully.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
mostly, i view my blog, mostly

uh huh

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Would a blogger blog more, if there were comments?

I know I've gone in a read a few..But have never left a comment.Maybe I should?

Most of the blogs have very few, if any, comments.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I average about 1 comment for every 2 entries I make. I think I have 4 just for the Area 51 one I just made yesterday. I know I would post even more frequently if I got a lot of comments.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
So I see my blog as an extra tool in my communication arsenal, not an end in itself.

No worries.

I understand that people are busy, really, I'm busy in "real life as well". But what I don't understand is how Mods - who are well known for being busy with board business - can make time to make an entry or two from time to time, whilst "normal members" that have nothing better to do than to pick their noses, can't make even one entry a week...?

Originally posted by AccidentallyOnPurpose
The problem is that most of the blogs are well, just blogs. Not to reign on anyone's parade but I don't think people are THAT interested in learning about the latest shannigans of your babies, pets, neighours, neighbour's pets and babies, pictures of all the aforementioned or what have you.

Have you even made time to look at the ATS blogs? Just a quick glance at a random few will reveal that there's much more to them than Pets, Babies or both. Some of the ATS blogs aren't "just blogs". How can you pass judgment on something you didn't even read? (Pun intended.)

Originally posted by zenlover28
didn't figure anyone was actually taking the time to read it anyhow.

Oh, there are people checking up on you, make no mistake!

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Would a blogger blog more, if there were comments?

I must agree with Darkhelmet. Comments are a good incentive to keep blog entries coming...

Wecomeinpeace, I've been waiting on the edge of my chair for weeks, waiting for the next installment on the WTC reversed conspiracy thingy..
Stop making excuses, and start writing.

Any of the 3 Amigos care to comment on the question if the Blogs are what you expected it to be?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
But what I don't understand is how Mods - who are well known for being busy with board business - can make time to make an entry or two from time to time, whilst "normal members" that have nothing better to do than to pick their noses, can't make even one entry a week...?

You hear that, Majic? We have our absolution. No penance required.

Wecomeinpeace, I've been waiting on the edge of my chair for weeks, waiting for the next installment on the WTC reversed conspiracy thingy..
Stop making excuses, and start writing.

So YOU'RE the one who read it. If you can con a buddy into doing so, you'll double my fanbase!

Actually I wrote Episode II (I promise, no Jar-Jar this time) more than a week ago, but since it and the last instalment were primarily written for the ATS Newsletter, I was holding off from posting it in my blog until the Newsletter was released. But with WOS being out of action for a while as he was, the whole thing was delayed. I think the Newsletter is due out today, so call up that gullible buddy of yours I mentioned and tell him to get ready.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
In The Bloghouse

The deal I made with myself before "getting back into blogging" was that I wouldn't feel obligated to "feed the blog" and would use it as an adjunct to what I enjoy most: discussing topics in the forums.

Same here! Most of us have a very full life.

Ditto. Sometimes there's details in an answer that I don't really want to shove into a post but that would be interesting for some.

Yeah! Pass me some grub!

I don't read blogs religiously (news, yes, blogs, no) and actually kind of like it when someone's not obsessively updating their blog every 30 minutes.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't know where everyone has time to keep up with all of this. Not only creating and updating your own blogs, but trying to read and post to other people's blogs as well. Not to mention keeping up with all the interesting threads and topics on the ATS site itself. There's just so much info here that I just can't keep up with it all.

Blogging sounds very interesting but for now (and probably for the next 10-15 years), it's all a little too much for me... work, kids, damn dog, honey-do list, etc.

But don't mind me, you kids go have fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccidentallyOnPurpose
I don't think people are THAT interested in learning about the latest shannigans of your babies, pets, neighours, neighbour's pets and babies, pictures of all the aforementioned or what have you.

I can assure you my blog is free of babies, neighbours, pictures of neighbours, pictures of babies and pictures of my neighbours with babies. There is one mention of my cat, but I hardly think that counts as it is in one of my incredibly clever poems.

I kind of get the feeling that blogs are one of those things that will be what we make of it. Kind of like 'here it is, enjoy'. Just another of the great benefits of membership on ATS.

PS. Comments are great! I'd blog even if I didn't get them, just because I enjoy writing, but they are always appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join