It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA disbands Bin laden unit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Cant be...
No way...
dont tell me the unit that had the SOLE responsibility for tracking down and bringing bin laden to justice was DISBANDED, and moved onto other ' alqaeda terroism ' related activities.

Link

Wether it diversifies, changes.. or no matter WHAT technical word you want to describe it as, it doesnt make sense.

I mean,

We are being led to believe that binladen, is STILL sending out messages, praising people, telling people what he wants or else, rah rah rah rah rah.
We are being TOLD , Bin laden is still active, taunting the west, and ultimately a FIGURE piece for alqaeda.

BUT.

We are also being told that the sole unit responsible for capturing him has been disbanded, because he just doesnt really matter as much as OTHER alqaeda concepts now..
whats even worse, is it happened over a YEAR AGO!!!

The government cant have it both ways.

How can he still be taunting us, directing people in his cryptic audios.
yet no longer warrant having a division tasked to locating him.

am I not reading this right?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all, because the war on was never about getting Bin Laden. The day after 9-11, Cheney and Rumsfeld were asking the pentagon to find a way to tie the attacks to Saddam Hussein. Why? Because they had planned to invade Iraq long before Bush ever stepped into the White House. They ignored Bin Laden and the Taliban until they became too much of a nuisance, and even after 9-11 happened they didn't really want to go to Afghanistan - they considered it a bump in the road on the way to getting Hussein.

They even started pulling many of our best special forces personnel out of Afghanistan in preparation of the Iraq invasion WHILE BIN LADEN WAS ESCAPING FROM TORA BORA!

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
How do we even know that OSBL is still really alive...ive seen just as many conspiracies about his exhistance as his death....so i mean....if we really wanted him we would have gotten him...no one can stay hidden....Look at Zarawi....HUssein....his brothers.....his sons....His wife(soon to be anyways)....i mean common hes not THAT good....but i am using inductive reasoning so....it is possible that he really is just that good and that we cant capture him.

Afganistan was supposed to be nothing more than PR for the American people...."See we can prop up a government watch us do it with Afganistan"....and then right on to where its really at...Iraq-Iran....

But....in order to win thier war on terror they have to do adapt to the tactics of the "terrorists/freedomfighters" (depending on what country your in lol either way young kids) OR they just want to take more of our freedoms so they are telling us that this is happening and just like some have said "Its all them there are no terrorsits" so they are just trying to us our FEAR to motivate us to give them more liberties in removing ours....LIke maybe we can't handle the struggle of an ELection look at what happened back in November....that would be aiding the terrorists....

I mean the possibilities are endless on the "why" they would decide to disband this group....but either way...the lil man is gonna take it for the team in the end...

nice find....i was going to post this put i saw ur story first....nice

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why do you hate amurica,Agit8d? I was tuning into the Savage show and he said Osama is being protected by the ACLU because they love muslim hitler. He told us to go to NEWSMAX if we didn't believe it. So I wentz not cuz I didn't believe it, I thought I have to read every wurd.

It's also a known fact that acccording to a poster on FREE REPUBLIC that Osama was an ally of Bill Clinton and even was in their campaign bus laughing and eating a quarter pounder with bacon. Couldn't believe it. Once again the LIBERULL media has let us down getting everything out on americun traitors. We gotta do somethin b4 the liberull media has bin laden family living next to my trailer doublewide! i this country is on the right track. i work 5 shifts and sleep 2 minutes per coffee break and i am living the american dream making 4.39 a hr that's without tax!

I justz got another NEWSMAX alert. It says ATS is siding with communism!
I aint see no red on the whole dang site! CNS news sayz it too!
:O Foiled again by LIBERUL shell propagandi

goes running into hannity store to get 1000 copies of Let Freedom Ring to distribute to neighbors in double wide trailer park)

convulses falls on floor brushes self off and and goes back to normal with reason and logic)

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
sorry mate, im going to need a bit of a hand understanding ya post there.

But to start with your opening question,

I love america, ive been there, met the people, dont the walk around thing,
totally loved it. COULDNT fault it to be honest.
'' accept all those SLACK people riding around in gophers when they COULD BE WALKING ''

I hate american GOVERNMENT
because of the lies
because of the innocents that have died ( and yes I hate WHO EVER hit on 911 TOO )
and basically because of the corporate influence on government.
I mean, how do some people sleep at night, when there are so many honest people struggling just to live?

this is true for EVERY country I agree.. But no other country has invaded another country in the last decade, remained there, lied to the world, and murder/rape innocent people for the pleasure of it.

That my friend in my book is a good reason to not like a specific branch of amerca.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
according to some report, written by some gov't agency who susposed to know something.....

al quada and the taliban are getting their second wind and are becoming a stronger force....

by all means, it's time to call the dogs off!! we need the threat looming over us so the republicans can win the next election!! hey if we're real lucky, maybe they'll actually become strong enough to hit us again!!! that should put the election on the right track, right!!!

another promise broken...we will not stop until we catch him........sounds to me like they've done stopped!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Strange that OBL was alive enough to make a tape message during the US presidential election - just when GWB looked like he was going to lose - and yet they're certain he's dead / no threat now

Still with the enforced end of GWB's tenure in sight I suppose he's fulfilled his purpose

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It certainly supports the point of view that OBL was always a CIA asset. Supposedly he was being treated in hospital in Riyadh in summer 2001 and was visited by the local CIA chief of station... and then I've read allegations that he was allowed to escape from Tora Bora... and so on.

Who knows? But it certainly doesn't look good.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
another promise broken...we will not stop until we catch him........sounds to me like they've done stopped!!!

I hate to say it, but they stopped caring about bin laden some time ago...

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

This whole story of publicly disbanding the bin laden unit was simply a well timed news dump, not really intended to be seen by their bulk of the us population.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by negativenihil]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The guardian article could be disinformation, as we are bombarded with disinformation daily, who you gonna believe? Possibly a ruse to get OBL to relax. Or, could be truth, that the dynamic nature of al-quaida renders OBL rather a nonentity anymore.

I see the front line in the whole mess being Iraq, not to argue how it became to be, what the motive is, what the goal may be. It does appear, however, that the U.S. has established a fairly strong presence smack dab in the middle of Arabia.....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A ten year old unit that hasn't done crap. Let the military task forces deal with it.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Maybe this might be a good thing? Now Bin Laden doesn't have his cronies in the CIA telling him where they are looking for him anymore. Maybe we can finally catch him.

But, seriously, what the hell? First the FBI says that they don't have enough evidence that Bin Laden was a part of 9/11 and now the CIA doesn't want to find him. Add that to the statements of Bush and you get a pretty clear picture that Bin Laden was just a pansy to cover up "whoever" pulled off 9/11.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
A ten year old unit that hasn't done crap. Let the military task forces deal with it.

Do you mean that the unit should cut and run on it's search for Bin Laden? A re-deployment of it's assets? Or should we stop that unit, bring them back home, and find a better way to deal with Bin Laden?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by curme]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Do you mean that the unit should cut and run on it's search for Bin Laden? A re-deployment of it's assets? Or should we stop that unit, bring them back home, and find a better way to deal with Bin Laden?

Special Forces curme. Not the CIA. Task Force Units can do a better job.

GSA

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ask the SAS / SBS task force that had him cornerd in a cave what they think of the USA and its military leaders. One way in, one way out and the US staff ordered them to retreat till help arrived. There were 60 special forces soldiers so they said no - then they were ordered from on high to get away from the caves. OBL escaped. Alive. This was mid 2002.

OBL was saved time and time again by events like this - seemingly set up so he could not get caught by troops.

makes you wonder does it not?

GSA

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ask the SAS / SBS task force that had him cornerd in a cave what they think of the USA and its military leaders. One way in, one way out and the US staff ordered them to retreat till help arrived. There were 60 special forces soldiers so they said no - then they were ordered from on high to get away from the caves. OBL escaped. Alive. This was mid 2002.

OBL was saved time and time again by events like this - seemingly set up so he could not get caught by troops.

makes you wonder does it not?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
This doesn't surprise me at all, because the war on was never about getting Bin Laden. The day after 9-11, Cheney and Rumsfeld were asking the pentagon to find a way to tie the attacks to Saddam Hussein. Why? Because they had planned to invade Iraq long before Bush ever stepped into the White House. They ignored Bin Laden and the Taliban until they became too much of a nuisance, and even after 9-11 happened they didn't really want to go to Afghanistan - they considered it a bump in the road on the way to getting Hussein.

They even started pulling many of our best special forces personnel out of Afghanistan in preparation of the Iraq invasion WHILE BIN LADEN WAS ESCAPING FROM TORA BORA!

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Flatwoods]

you know this maybe very true....they just bombed the crap out of afghanistan and left for Iraq.....
suspicious

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Am I the only person who thinks this is not so bad a thing. These guys have been working for 10 years to find one person and have yet to accomplish that single goal, and at what cost?

I think Americans need to face the reality the CIA sucks lately, and maybe it is time to give someone else the job. Task Force 145, which is the US/UK Military force dedicated to hunting down specific terrorist leaders has been widely successful, maybe it is time to send them to Afgahnistan or Pakistan to get the job done.

This is the same CIA that said there were WMD in Iraq, only to later say there were no WMD in Iraq, only to later say there indeed is WMD in Iraq. The CIA today is a joke, and Director of National Intelligence John D. Negroponte is given a pass for being a complete failure in overhaulling US Intelligence since 9/11.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree the CIA has had a very bad run lately.
But to blame them for the Iraq stuff up is a bit far.
I believe that there was CLEARLY a underhanded effort to maniuplate the CIA, or even go AGAINST what they suggested.

Security is a hit and miss thing. You miss, you miss you miss.. but when you HIT, it really makes you realise how hard a job it is, and how IMPORTANT it is.

as mentioned above what REALLY stands out is bush's speach
'' we wont rest until we find him ''

only to counter it so QUICKLY with
'' I really dont think about him much''

NOW WE dont need a unit tasked with locating...the most wanted man on the planet.

Ramzi yousef was tracked down, after all the stuff ups, beaurocratic bungles and so forth, all he did was planted a couple of bombs under the WTC.. with minor fatalities.

Here in Perth, WA we STILL have a taskforce assigned with tracking down a serial killer from over 8-10YEARS ago...

but the USA government has given up tracking down the 'supposid' leader who ocherstrated the worst terrorist attack in US history, and DRAMATICALLY changing the face of the most notable city on the PLANET? after only 4-5 YEARS?

We are yet to still have undeniable PROOF he planned it.
We are yet to still have UNDENIABLE proof alqaeda was in the PLANES.
We are yet to still have UNDENIABLE proof or everything RELATING to that horrible day.

ahh I get it.
No wonder we dont wanna catch him.
We couldnt convict him in a court of law ANYWAY.
Everything we have is Heresay, doubtful and honestly pathetic.

Run free OSAMA.
You did the worst attack in history on us, you still supposidly taunt us about impending attacks... about how badly your going to hurt us.

So why did we feel the need to demolish a country that never attacked us in the name of terrorism,

yet we are halting our men in capturing the man who we are told ACTUALLY hit us, and hard.. in the name of terrorism.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I read it differently than you, I think the US has people on Osoma's tail, but I read this press report to say the CIA is no longer the people we are using.

Something tells me this is now a military operation, and no longer a CIA operation. I would go into great detail on why I think the CIA has totally screwed up the whole Afgahnistan campaign, but it has been discussed in great detail on this forum in the past. Remember, it is the CIA hunting Taliban leadership in Afgahnistan, not the military. The military is who is doing it in Iraq, and they have only been doing it for about 8 months now (the CIA as the lead hunting group was replaced by Task Force 145).

Needless to say, I think this move was long overdue, but then again, I have considered the CIA a big part of the problem since 9/11, not a big part of the solution.

I really feel sorry for whoever replaces Bush as president, the problems in the CIA have been compounded by this president, and the next president is going to have it worse until someone takes a strong stance and does some major housecleaning. Anyone who thinks the CIA problem is a Bush specific problem doesn't understand how Federal Agencies in the US operate, and don't understand that most federal agencies don't change much if at all with administrations. Clinton had problems with the CIA too, the Kosovo conflict has some rather obvious examples, but there were other examples as well from North Korea to Iraq to Somolia. The facts show that political party in control means nothing to the system within the system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join