It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian tunnels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of tunnels under ancient egyptian architecture? Branton's website, for example, claims that there are lengthy tunnels under the Great Pyramid at Giza and certain other temples, unexplored tunnels that stretch for miles...

If anyone has information about this subject, please respond

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I never heard of any "tunnels" that stretch much further then the base of the pyramids, but they do now all believe that most of the pyramids have a "real" burial chamber located in unexcavated parts further beneath the pyramids.

This conclusion has come from their recent discovery of the Tomb of Osiris, which is essentially a large pryamidial hollow underground, and at the base is a huge network of caverns and tunnels that extend to who knows where.

So they now believe these same types of structures are where the actual locations of the kings buried in the pyramids are, in a still sealed underground portion of the pyramid resembling the Tomb of Osiris...

...hmm I wish I had a reference I wouldn't mind reading up on this again myself, but that's what I remember of it, hopefully no false memories

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:33 AM
link   
About 3-4 years ago, I saw on the Discovery Channel about how they used sonic probes to learn about tunnels under the Sphynx and other structures. But they were reluctant to begin digging because to the underground watertable levels...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:42 AM
link   
All manner of tales about tunnels to and from the Sphinx and so forth -but nothing really solid.
You may recall quite recently from television the team who tried to explore what was thought to be something mysterious but they simply came to another dead end.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
All manner of tales about tunnels to and from the Sphinx and so forth -but nothing really solid.

But tunnels *aren't* "solid"...They're composed of air shaped *within* a solid...So how can any tunnels be solid?

Okay, I admit it...That's a very bad "play on words"...I just pop off to the corner of the room & flog myself in repentance now.

new topics

top topics

join