It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TP Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just this last Thursday I noticed something that seems a bit off kilter: With Holloween being less than a week from now, I just thought it odd that our local Hy-Vee store had a big (one-day, for half-normal price) sale on 24-count packs of toilet paper...And just today, I saw a house that had already been TP'ed.
...Odd, isn't it?

Anyone else notice such strange social/economic/political oddities with timing like this?

Or how about a few other oddities that no one can seem to explain:
We drive on a parkway, but park in a driveway;
A lot of people refer to a "hot water heater" when you don't need to heat "hot" water;
Why is it called a TV Set when you only get one of them?;
Cargo goes by ship, shipments go by truck;
A woman can have a *pair* of panties, but just *one* bra;
Why not just install a thermocouple on your faucets so you don't have to waste so much time & water to adjust the temprature?
If water *reflects* light, then why does a wet towel *look* darker?;
With as much time as people spend in the bathroom, why is it that the average medicine cabinet is *less* well organized than the spice rack in the kitchen?

Any other oddities?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hey, I still dont know why Americans call trousers pants, over here pants are underwear... and pants is a plural, you dont get a pant do you? Come to think of it you get a pair of trousers but there's only one of them...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thumbs up on the George Carlin material
I've always wondered why hot dogs come in packs of 10 and hotdog buns come in packs of 12 or 8.

new topics

join