It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP, Taepodong 2, Discovery and China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Does anybody know the exact time that Discovery exited the atmosphere and was in actual orbit. From what ive pieced together from a bunch of theories is that HAARP would destroy anything in the ionsphere when its activated. But if the Chinese wanted NK to launch the missle at the States (presumably Alaska) wouldn't the missle have to be airborne at the exact same time as the shuttle, to avoid being desroyed (of course presuming that the States wouldn't sacrafice Discovery and activate HAARP whiles shes still in the atmosphere). If the missle was launched after Discovery got into orbit wouldn't it be pointless to fire knowing HAARP would just destroy it. Im no expert on any of this but I just think it would have been a better strategy for the Chinese/NK's to wait until Discovery was reentering the atmosphere to fire. At least they would know the timing of re-entry to sychronize the missle launch. I thought the last ICBM that hit Alaska was launched on the re-entry of the shuttle. Maybe someone out there can shed some light onto this. And yes I realize its all based on speculation but the timing of all this going on the same day seems too much to be a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Apparently now its 10 missles and it appears the NK missles were launched at 2:30pm Tues(3:30am in NK) but also the shuttle took off at 2:38pm Tuesday. How long would an ICBM take to hit the states. Is the TAEPODONG 2 fast enough to make it say 10 minutes? These times are way too close to eachother to be a coincidence. This at least gives some merit to the whole theory of NK launching the missle at the same time as the shuttle took off, all while China sits back and watches the results of HAARP.

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Also, the last NK ICBM hit Alaska but the government said it failed to reach orbit (they said it was intended for space orbit) Does anyone else find it strange that they are now also saying it failed?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Where is the proof that HAARP would be in any way effective as defence against a missile? If this was the case, why would the pentagon be pouring billions of dollars into a completely unconnected missile defence system?

The Pentagon is spending $10bn a year on the missile system, which was meant to be in operation by the end of 2004.
Source.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Then why have the other NINE missiles, INCLUDING a Taepo-dong 2 been successful flights? If HAARP could really shoot down missiles it would be EASIER for them to destroy them once Discovery was up. And why would THAT ONE fail?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If its definative proof your after, youll never find it. HAARP is one of the best kept secrets in the world. It was built using Tesla's ideas and technological knowhow. HAARP heats up the ionshpere using the vast amount of electricity already in it and apparently now is able to project a controlled beam at anything in the ionsphere. I read somewhere that there is a range as to how far this beam will go but thats still all speculation. I cant give you proof of what HAARP actually can accomplish but neither will the US government. All I know is that China is VERY interested in its capabilities and its defences. In the last few years there has been many anti missile missile sites built around HAARP in Alaska. If someone were to fire a missile at HAARP while a friendly craft was airborne high enough to be affected (ie. Discovery) it would force the States to fire or at least activate their missile defences around HAARP so as to avoid its destruction. Now didn't Uncle Sam just activate his missile defence systems in prep for the NK launch? Too many pieces fit together here. If HAARP is what it is suspected to be then the billions spent were worth it. It could be the most powerful weapon on the planet.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Zaphod58, I cant say. Maybe a disinformation ploy? I heard somewhere about NK stealth on missiles. Is it not possible they just launched a whack of missles as decoys and the only one that mattered went stealth after 42 seconds? Im just saying just cause we aint seen it yet doesn't mean its non existent.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Then maybe you can explain why ALL the flights AFTER the shuttle was up in orbit were successful? And why the one that you say was timed so closely to use the shuttle as a shield was the only one that WASN'T.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
If its definative proof your after, youll never find it. HAARP is one of the best kept secrets in the world. It was built using Tesla's ideas and technological knowhow.

If what you say above is true, then how can you possibly know this?

HAARP heats up the ionshpere using the vast amount of electricity already in it and apparently now is able to project a controlled beam at anything in the ionsphere.

Where did you read this?

I read somewhere that there is a range as to how far this beam will go but thats still all speculation.

How can you know this?

If someone were to fire a missile at HAARP while a friendly craft was airborne high enough to be affected (ie. Discovery) it would force the States to fire or at least activate their missile defences around HAARP so as to avoid its destruction.

Thats a hell of a lot of assertions, without one link to back any of it up.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Zaphod58 do you know when Discovery left the atmosphere. Thats what I want to know. Im just puttin out the possibility that NK needed to get their missile to the target(again presumably Alaska) BEFORE Discovery left the atmosphere. If Discovery was already in orbit berfore the missile hit, HAARP could rape it before it got there. The only way the missile could have hit Alaska is if Discovery was still in the atmosphere at the time the missile hit. Maybe I wasnt clear enough in my first post. Im not saying I know this happened, Im asking anyone if they know how fast a TAEPODONG 2 can travel. I just want to compare the times.

TAEPODONG 2 was launched at 2:30pm TUESDAY
Discovery launched at 2:38 pm TUESDAY

Can the TAEPODONG travel fast enough to hit or even come close to hitting Alaska within 10 minutes (I dont know how long it takes a shuttle to reach orbit so I just guessed 2 minutes?)

Thats all I wanted to know. Soory for any confusion

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There is NO missile ANYWHERE that can travel that fast. It's a MINIMUM of 30 minutes from launch to impact for an ICBM.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
30 minutes, really? Well if thats true then it couldn't have gone down...yet. Unless NK luanches another missile 30 minutes before Discovery re-enters the atmosphere. Hey Zaphod58, do you know if the times of re-entry are public knowledge beforehand or is it kept secret until it happens?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Uhm, North Korea has already launched 10 missiles today including AT LEAST one more Taepo-dong 2. All have been successful flights.

And the reentry schedule is public.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm with Implosion on this one, and I was even going to ask the first question myself. How can it be "the best kept secret in the world," and yet you know so much of this information on it? Aside from that, where are you getting this info from? I think Implosion's got some valid points there, that you've completely ignored.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All I wanted from this thread was an answer to the timing question, and thanks goes to Zaphod58 for answering. As to the rest, Im not going to debate HAARP because EVERYTHING the public knows (or thinks they know) IS ALL SPECULATION. If oyu want the info I read just google HAARP. Theres not much known about it at all. Those who ask for proof know that there isnt any. I cant back up my statements with government approved documents but then again, I never said I could. HAARP will always be debatable, no matter which side of the argument your on. Im stickin to my own opinion about HAARP and Ill let history be the judge of what it actually is.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well what else is Haarp for then if not for the uses stated above. I mean this system although secretive is confirmed to be in existence and much photo and journalistic evidence has shown its been in use or in testing for a while now as well as having a couple of Haarp facilities with insanely secure bases of operations. What else is it supposed to be used for? There is always more than meets the eye whenever we are talking Black or X US gov programs. Its not really a crackpot idea at all. Do some research and youll see the bigger picture possibly. However others are quick to de bunk such a theory as standard here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What is HAARP?
HAARP is many things actually. You can read about the public program from the Univeristy of Alaska's web site

HAARP

And delve into the public disclosure. Read between the lines a bit. Look at what they deny it is.

Then pour over all the web links and search the talk about this type of research and what it can be used for. Then you should be able to indentify much of the disinformation put out about it being a weapon. (we have much more effective high tech weapons than HAARP) So take that out of the puzzle.
Stand back and take a distant look at the picture.
Pull out any information about using it to manipulate the weather (nice idea, but wrong boat, its more of a side effect)

Look at the militaries published interest in enhanced C3 capabilities. Stand back and take a close look at the shape HAARP engergies create in the ionosphere.

Now you might be looking at the right boat. And HAARP can be many different boats, It can be a shrimp boat, it can be a speed boat, it can even be a Destroyer....
But what do all boats have in common?
Now you might have an idea of what HAARP could be used for that is very interesting!!

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
what does this thread has to do exactly with china???
what do you think the PRC is? A terrorist based country and wants to fire missiles at US?

dude, be more open minded.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by warset]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Chronic_Blaze,

This is an old thread, one I'd never noticed until Red_Dog_BOM and warset's posts brought it up higher on the board, but can I just ask why you "guessed" that it would take 2 minutes for the Space Shuttle to exit the atmosphere? This sort of information is readily available on the internet - Google is your friend in these situations. For instance, Spaceflight Now posts a wealth of information about the shuttle. This timeline of Endeavour's STS-113 mission shows that, from launch to Main Engine Cutout (MECO) was only 8 minutes, 34 seconds.

That number will vary from mission to mission, depending on the shuttle's target orbit, payload, etc., but ~8:30 is about the minimum shuttle launch time.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
first off, the NK missiles and the shuttle have had nothing in common, but I wrote a 15 page research paper on HAARP last semester, and some of the frequencies HAARP is capabile of developing can differentiate decoy clouds from actual MIRVs launched by an ICBM attack. So HAARP actualy is related to the ABM system.

new topics

top topics

join