It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Who to return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good old beed is to make a new series/season of the best Sci-fi show ever - Dr Who.

Although I've always had my suspsions about his sexualty. I mean that long multi-colour scarf and his camp ways to the fact that the tardis was always spotlessy clean.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Dr.Who was the man, Its a pity his show went off air.
I was young though when I started watching it, I didnt know what the hell was going on, but it seemed funny.
Deep

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Good old beed is to make a new series/season of the best Sci-fi show ever - Dr Who.

Although I've always had my suspsions about his sexualty. I mean that long multi-colour scarf and his camp ways to the fact that the tardis was always spotlessy clean.

*Runs out to the nearest cable company*

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The question remains, just who will play who?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Who WILL play who?

There's a few contenders......... including Eddy Izzard, who I cant quite see in the role pesonally.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I never really got into this show... just seemed too british for me.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yep heard that. I can't see him doing it.
Alan Davies has been linked along with Richard E Grant.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
Who WILL play who?

There's a few contenders......... including Eddy Izzard, who I cant quite see in the role pesonally.

I nearly fell off my seat reading that!
Eddy frigging izzard! NO WAY!!!!!!!

Gotta be someone better to be the doctor!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
right well i was reading am artlicle in the Radio TImes ( for all those who don't know its the BBC's TV paper) and it stated that they weren't giving nething away but possibilities were alan davies and the actress who plays dot cotton in eastenders
plus how lucky am i. i had the chance to go to the dr who museum at longleat which has the real tardass the day before it burnt down

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Am sure i read the assistant to the doctor for the series is gonna be Billy Piper. The girl married to Chris Evans.

I remember watching that tv programme about 5 years ago on UK Gold, it will look really weird comparing the effects it will have now compared to when it first aired lol

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While I'm glad to hear Dr. Who is coming back, I'm hesitant to celebrate until I see if it's any good. Not all revivals are good ones.

I'm still keeping an eye out for "Blake's 7"...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The new Dr Who is apparently going to be a woman from what ive seen/heard/read :/

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hehehe, Eddie Izzard would be a hil#inarious dr who.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
DR who must be a UK show cuz they aint got it in the states, and from what i have heard the original drwho was played by simons homeboy uncle jeff wich unclejeff was not his real name.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The BBC's "Dr. Who" site shows the actor to be one Christopher Eccleston, and has interviews, etc.. There is a good bit of info on the new show, too. Hopefully, BBC America will pick it up. I cut my Sci-Fi teeth on that show. "The Five Doctors" is next on my Netflix list.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No Daleks for You, Who.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "After lengthy negotiations, the BBC and Terry Nation have been unable to reach an agreement on the terms of the use of the Daleks."

No Daleks in Doctor Who's return

Wil the fans think less of me if I said that I never really liked the Daleks? Give me a Cyberman episode and I'll be happy.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OK, three replies in a row from me might seem like a bit much, but I had to share this article from The Register.
Daleks invade New York

New York residents are today contemplating how close they came to "extoimination" after the Sun draped a Dalek in the flag of St George and let it loose in Times Square.

The UK tabloid has launched a laudable campaign to demand that the Daleks be allowed to participate in the forthcoming relaunch of Dr Who. Negotiations between the BBC and the estate of the late Terry Nation regarding editorial control last week broke down, resulting in the stairphobic salt-cellars stropping off back to their home planet.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would definitley like to see the remake when it comes out. My wife couldn't stand it but i enjoyed it. It was very clever. Not the best special effects, but for some reason it didn't need them.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
yay!!! remember the third law of thermodynamics !!!!! To cool ! hope they dont muck it up > how soon will it be on >?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
DR who must be a UK show cuz they aint got it in the states.

THAT was a great show while growing up... all except for the Doctor who replaced Baker; you know, the one with the celery stalk. A celery stalk?!

Gimme jelly babies any day over that guy... sheesh!

With all these cross-over movies (Jason vs Freddy, AVP), let's start making a petition for Borg vs Dialects. Assimilation? Or... extermination?

top topics

join