It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Go Back In Time, Where Would You Go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If you could go back in time, where would you go? I would like to go see the Pyramids being built, to see how they were built. I would like to go to the 1920's, because that seems like a fun time. Also, I would like to go to the south, in the time just before the Civil War, and live on a plantation. I was watching an episode of Quantum Leap, and the guy went back to New Orleans, where Oswald was before he moved to Dallas. It made me start thinking about how cool that would be to go see who killed JFK. Also, do you think there were time travelers there at Dealy Plaza that day, or maybe time travelers present on 9-11?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To be honost, I would really want to go that far in the past. I think imagining the way things were is better than actually knowing. But to go in the past would be last October... some personal things happened that I would want to go back and change.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I want to go back to the year 2000 and not get married to my now ex wife. I'd marry her friend instead.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Could you imagine going back in time with a video camera to film some of the great moments in history ?

To capture the Roman Empire at it's peak, or watch dinosaurs walk across a verdent plain, to sit on a hill and film Custer's last stand. So many things in our past could be revealed if you could travel back to events like that day in Dallas when Kennedy was shot, or if you were standing outside Rosswell when the (aliens crashed ? ).

So many questions could be answered.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'd like to go back to the time of Mozart and Beethoven and the composers in that era (classical/earlyRomantic). I guess you can tell I like classical music.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would go back to the 60's and particpate in the riots and protests. You cant do that anymore and I would like to go back to a time where one could atleast with a modicum of saftey, with the notable exceptions of Kent State, so yeah id go back to then...and then i would travel back 2billion years and gather proof that humans have been here since LONG before we think they have been...either that or prove the Giant insect theory being thrown around now by Astrobiologists.....great concept thread thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It would be fun to go into the past, but I would be afriad I would screw up the past and change my future. For all I know kicking one pebble into a lake could change some major event in history. So I would not take the chance of going back in time and screwing up the future.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
But if you think about it that only really matters if time is linear...if time isnt linear then if you go back you either A) wont be able to affect anything(not infinte number of dimensions) or B) will be able to do anything becasue the "Universe" will be able to handle the changes...I.E parralel universes are spawned for every change you make leaving YOUR timeline untouched....but a laymen and thats just what i hypothesise sometimes....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
One concept i always liked was this: Killing your past self won't result in you disappearing from history. As if you killed your past self, you wouldn't have lived long enough to journy into the past to kill yourself. I don't think it is possible for you to kill anyone in your family, as it would have resulted in no birth of you, meaning you could have never gone back to do it in te first place. Confusing huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would also like to visit Atlantis, and find out where the location of it was. Just think how different everything would be, if Hitler had been stopped, before World War 2. Also, just think about this for a minute. If there are time travelers, what has already been stopped, that we never even knew about?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If a time traveler came back in time to stop an event from happening he/she must have known the event was going to happen. So it would be impossible for him/her to stop the event from happening because there would be no mention of the event in the future. So there would be no event for the time traveler to go back and stop.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ah, but if a time traveller were unable to go back and stop the event (due to not knowing about it) then the event would in fact occur, giving them the ability to know about it so they could go back and stop it.

It's called the grandfather paradox, which asks the question of what happens if you go back in time and kill your grandfather before you are born. There are lots of answers to this question, not one of which has a shred of evidence to support it.

One thing you could do, if you were really intent on stopping an event in the past, is find some way to make sure that you still go back and stop it later on. Maybe you could go back and stop 9-11, then mail yourself a letter with instructions to be delivered the day before you finish your time machine in the future saying, "hey, go back and stop these flights when you're done building that!"

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would love to go back to the 1940's. I love that era.

Then I would go back to when I was 13.Many things I would change. Especially if I could take with me the knowledge I have now.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
easy..

i would go back and live with the native americans before any western contact

thats when life was good, you worked when you had and worked for what you needed, shelter, food, etc..

native americans weren't slaves to any system they lived life how it was intended to be lived

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would go back to the Green Bay Packers vs Philadelphia Eagles playoff game.Right beofre the 4th and 26 play occured,so I could go and kick GB's defenseive coordinater in the nuts!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'd go back in time to find out who "created" us ............

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'd go back to 1965 and tackle Captain Tony Nelson on the beach steal the genie bottle and then have Jeannie all to my self.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Vietnam war protests! I've got activist blood. I'd be right in thurr protesting ... if I wasn't Vietnamese... and only in America because of the Vietnam War... It's a weird concept...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I had trouble coming up with something to say when I first read this thread, but today I finally thought of something.

I'd go back to the year the Ipod was invented with some winning lottery numbers, win a few million dollars and invest it all in Apple. :-)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would have to go back to the days of my youth. Not to change the mistakes I made......because they have made me who I am today, but just to feel that innocence again: when summertime lasted all year and there was nothing but hope everywhere I looked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join