It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat Man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
OMG.... My "Black Man" Only comes to me at night. Since i was little he has appeared as im going to sleep, But Thought It Was Maybe Sleep Paralysis! My Hand goes numb when i get in bed n starts to tingle then i feel like im holding something and for some reason know that if i squash what im holding im goin to die! At This Point.. Now Im Older... I Get Out Of Bed As im Scared Of Falling Asleep.. If i Nod Off To Sleep Then It seems that all the walls are moving inwards towards me till they are right up to my face and behind me.. Then The Black Man In A Cape N A hat Like A Stetson Type Hat Walks Thru My Door And To The Bottom Of My Bed! He Never says a word and i never find out why hes here as i wake up when he reaches the bottom of my bed! xx As Said i have Had This Same Thuing Happen since i was a child... Although the main times i have noticed this are at major points in my life, Where i Have Sufferred depression Too... x

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I too had a "Hat Man" experience. I was 20 or 21 years old at the time. It happened one night at what must have been 1 or 2 am. Standing at the foot of my bed was the hat man... black fedora, black trenchcoat. His face seemed to be a grey blur, but I was too terrified to look very closely. And what I felt was utter, sheer terror. During that time in my life I was very interested in metaphysical subjects and trying to understand the nature of reality. And here in my room was something obviously supernatural. I felt like it was posing a question to me, something like: " Here I am... do you still want to know?" I instantly thought "NO!" Somehow I knew that if I just went back to sleep he would go away. I quickly fell asleep and the next morning I kind of put it out of my mind. A few weeks later I mentioned my experience to my girlfriend and she said the same being appeared in her bedroom around the same time it happened to me.

For several years afterwards I would always get creeped out thinking about "The Man in Black" as I called him. During the last few years I've had a lot of unusual experiences and very often with me fear proceeds a spirtual breakthrough. The stronger the fear, the more profound the breakthrough. I used to think of "the Man in Black" as something purely negative, but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know this is an older thread but I just had to reply. I have only recently seen this "hat man" in my dreams. only twice now. So let me tell you my story about him.

the first was a dream in which the events from right before I went to sleep were playing out in my dream.
my boyfriend and I were getting ready for bed, and from my window I kept seeing these work trucks with the company I work for logos on them, I went into my front room to get a better view of them but they were gone. the moon was very bright and making shadows on the snow, and i saw a shadow of a man in a fedora type hat with a long detective coat on, reading someting large like a blueprint or newspaper. I could tell from the shadow the man was on my roof, but dismissed it thinking i was crazy, i then came back to my bedroom and my boyfriend was sitting up in bed telling me my power was out and i could hear stuff up on the roof, almost like cables or extension cords being thrown around.

I then awoke and was sooo scared. dreams never scare me, and I have the strangest dreams ever, I usually find them amusing.

i kinda forgot about that dream until 2 nights ago. It was raining out and my dogs kept barking at the rain hitting stuff on my back deck, I kept trying to get them to go to sleep and turned the radio on for them.

finally I went to asleep and just like the first dream, the events that had just happened were in my dream again.
the dream went like this:
i was trying to sleep and the dogs kept barking so I went to go check on them and what they were barking at, thinking maybe there was an animal outside. only this time it was summer and I decided to go out front of my house, so I flipped on the light and walked out on to the sidewalk, I determined nothing was there, and turned to go back into my house and started looking up at the sky and the moon, and my eyes came to rest on my roof, and there he was again the HAT MAN, i was staring directly at him, and he turned around, and was all black, like a shadow but darker, and had white eyes that reminded me of LED lights. I screamed in my dream, and in real life and woke myself up.

after that i was scared to go back to sleep, but i did eventually.

after doing some research around the internet most people believe he is an evil shadow person, or the most evil shadow person. I drew a picture to show my dad and actually wound up finding the exact thing I had just drawn a few mins prior. I was officially scared.

I made myself a pretty crude dream catcher, and smoldered White Sage around my house trying to get rid of this guy.

If he is evil I want him to go away. I have never been more fearful of anything in my life.

has anyone made him go away?

I have even read of people calling in priests to bless the house. I don't belong to a church so I think that would be hard for me to do.

why is he on my roof always? lol

i am glad I have not seen him during the day. I am glad we are all not alone in this, and I just wish we could figure out what this thing is, and what it wants with us!

sorry this is so long! thank you for reading!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You know what this sounds very similar to stick man(?) a creation of somethingawful forums used to make people on these types of websites look stupid. I think this is some kind of 4chan hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I did see one, when I was a kid. We were in a holiday, in a small hotel in middle of Finland. As I had a dog, I usually take it out to pee at the morning , during the day and at night before bedtime. So that I was doing in hotel too. Taking my do to out. It was late and a winter time, so there was a lot of snow and moon on the dark sky. I was taking my walk with the dog, and then I saw it. A standing shadow on the middle of the field. You know, when you see a shadow during a bright day, all black. But this shadow was at nigh, and it was darker than night. And it was shadow on empty air. Of hat and a man. I ran, scared. I ran faster than my dog.

And I told about it to my father. And we went back to look for it. No traces on the snow, nothing. And in Finland there's a children song "Who is scared of the black man", and one of the children is a black man and other's run away, it's similar to tag... Now I wonder, maybe it's a warning or training againts The Hat Man. I wonder if asian people now of this entity. It seems germans and americans do.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by librasleep

You think you know till it happens to you and yes, it happened to me. I also had never heard of it before and when I did, I was floored by the descriptions. Descriptions I had been describing for months and the same descriptions this person is describing. Tall, distinct, wearing a hat and blacker than black. He said he was was scared, but panicking helps no one. I did everything in my power to act not scared, knowing that it would feed off the fear. I have had this thing attack me many times in my lucid dreams and not only am I not afraid, I call it out and fight it in my dreams. Maybe you would panic as bad you say and maybe, just maybe, this is why they don't confront you. Maybe the fact that we are not "that" scared we are ready for our lessons into experiencing other realms. See, I'm glad this happened to me, because it has made me wiser and stronger! Out of the dark comes the light!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hat and a cape you say

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
It must off been

MIB

Men in Black

nah

Just your friendly Christian poltergeist henchman checking to see if your not masterbating.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Since I can't start a new thread because I'm new, but I really needed to share this. My boyfriend works for csx, hauling crew men to trains, and the other night while he was waiting for the crew to get done on the train he was inside the vehicle playing a game on his phone and he felt something watching him when he looked up he seen a 'ghost', and he flashed his lights on bright and snapped a picture. Ive never seen a ghost so clear before in a picture.
CLICK TO SEE PICTURE, IT WON'T LET ME ADD A PIC

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

Hi I can verify to you that it wasn't sleep paralysis because I saw the same thing as you. I was 13 at the time, and we had moved into a close to 200 year old victorian house for a relatively short period of time. I had had a deja vu before we moved in, and dreamed i was flying around inside this house so when we moved in I knew exactly what it looked like. There were wierd noises also coming from the attic even though nmy parents restored the old eves and sealed it tight. We also heard footsteps coming up and down the stairs. Anyway, one day I was coming home from school, and we had a summer kitchen with a backdoor we would use to come inside the house and if you enter from the back summer kitchen, it goes directly into the main kitchen and in the main kitchen we had a huge mirror in front of our kitchen table that you would look into as you come through the backdoor. We had cousins staying with us at the time, so as I walked in I noticed someone sitting at the kitchen table through the mirror and said ohh hello Darlene (my cousin) and perceded to walk right past into another separate area, when I realized no one answered. I went back into the kitchen and realized no one was there and then I realized I hadn't actually seen a person but a dark figure with a hat sitting at the table and my mind assimilated it to be the next logical conclusion, my cousin. Since then we have moved out and this house is now a bed and breakfast, and has a write up listing it as most haunted in Ontario, Canada.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbleheadoll

here's the actual pic

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbleheadoll

Looks like a little boy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

I remember experiencing something similar, I think it was a couple of months ago. I was sleeping and out of nowhere I awoke, turned my head towards my bedroom door (which my bed faces), saw a jet black shadow of what I sensed was a male, looked at my tv, and then decided to a double-take and look back at what I just saw, but unfortunately, he was gone. As if he had just said "oops she just saw be, I better be going now" and vanished.

The only thing that I never saw was any kind of hat on him, although I never truly looked him in the face/eyes and I only ever gave him a quick glance. I don't know if it was because I just woke up and my mind was still in a kind of dream state or if he was actually there just checking up on me.

I never felt fear and I didn't feel at all threatened. He was just simply there and then gone. After thinking who it may be, the person who comes to mind is my father's dad who I never got to meet.

I get a sense that he was protecting me or showing me he was watching over me and keeping me safe as he was in a protective stance stood in front of my bedroom door, inside of my bedroom looking at me. And it was weird that I had just woke up to see him, maybe he was protecting me from something that was meant to harm me in my dream. Unfortunately, I don't remember what dream I was having.

I have also seen on numerous occasions, a black shadow man with a cape and a cowboy hat.. Except I've seen it on tv while watching Ghost Hunters, and when I pointed him out to my mother, she never saw him even though he was certainly there, as clear as day.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TRB1515

Years ago, my grandmother was living with us as her husband had passed on and she had terminal bowel cancer.

She was very close to death (which I didn'treally know at the time) and was in our lounge, looking towards the kitchen when she suddenly seemed terrified and may even have screamed.

I followed where she was looking and saw quite clearly the outline of a man in a heavy duffel coat and a fedora type hat. For some reason, I was also terrified.

I went to my grandma's aid and asked if she was alright and she said she just had a little "turn" because she thought there was a man over there. When I looked back, there was no sign of anything unusual.

Later,I went back to where I was standing to see if the image I had seen was caused by shadows or reflections (the area behind the imagein the kitchen was white laminate and slightly reflective). In no way could I see anything that I might mistake for the image of a "shadow" man in a hat.

This happened just before lunch,so there was no issue of being a 'sleep condition'. It was full daylight on an Autumn Sydney day.

Afterwards, I did think that it might have been my grandfather, who had passed many years earlier and I had once seen him in a fedora hat. The thing is that he had never been in our house, so for a "ghost" that was a bit unusual.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The shadow people maybe an OMEN of something bad that is to occur? My first encounter was prior to my daughter being diagnosed with a rare disease. My wife had been seeing dark figures (without hats) for serveral weeks, I thought she was going mad. OOne night I woke 4 no apparent reason and saw adark figure standing in bedroom, around 5 foot and similar diameter to a child. Would be interesting to know if anyone has had any bad events follow shortly after an encounter or just a coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join