It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat Man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I only bring this up because I saw a commerical a few mins ago for that show Ghost Whisperer. I can't say I've ever seen it ( the name makes me cringe) but it seems like they have a character in the show that sorta fits the discription of the hat man. Here's a clip I found:

Hat Man on TV

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I never thought I would say this but ... I think I'll watch The Ghost Whisperer. I mean ... that man doesn't look scary at all, but they probably just don't have a high budget or something? I'll tune in to see what they have to say about it

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is might take more than one post..

When I was in college, I had an experience I can only explain as unexplainable.

One night, I was in my dorm, which consisted of a living space and kitchen that were seperated from the bedroom area by a doorless entryway. Each of the seperated 'rooms' had its own exit door into the main hall as an emergency exit in case of.. well.. an emergecy I guess. As I sat in the living area of the dorm watching television or some such nonesense, I saw a man in a black fedora-ish hat with what appeared to be a black duster pass by the entrance way of the bedroom very quickly, as if someone was running to exit the bedroom very fast.

I once wore a thick, heavy, expensive, black leather duster (trench coat) a lot and it is stil one of my favorite possessions, even if it has been retired in the years following, and I had thought someone was fleeing my room with my duster in tow!

So I jumped out of my seat and ran into the bedroom and was just turning to run out the bedroom exit when I was abruptly stopped by what I saw before me. My large black footlocker was snugly against the door and had been there since that morning as I remembered my roommate pulled it over there to grab something high on a shelf.

So, no one could have possibly ran out the door, closed it, and put the footlocker back, especially with enough time to not be seen by me. It was a physical impossiblity.

Odd experience to say the least! If only that was the end of it...

A few days later I am on the phone with my mother and she begins telling me of something that happened to her a few days earlier. She was laying in bed, and she woke up and was staring up at what she believed to be her ex-husband standing over her bed leaning over her with his hand extended, as if to wake her up. As she quckly got her baring she relized in an instant it wasnt him, and that her initial identification was based soley on the fact that he was wearing a black cowboy-ish hat and had sunken eyes, like her had. As soon as she realized he wasnt her ex-husband, the thing instantly vanished.

Before I could begin to tell her my story, she continued...

That SAME night, her sister, my aunt, had been laying in bed, and saw a man in all black standing at the foot of her bed. He too was wearing the wide-brimmed hat and she had the first impression that it was my mother's ex-husband. As soon as she realized it was, he too was gone.

As my mom relayed these stories, and again as I read the accounts of those here, my eyes began to water as I relived something I had not thought about in years.

When I was 4/5 years old, I was sleeping at my grandparents house in the same room as my mother and her now ex-husband, my then stepfather. I woke up to see that someone was on the bed with me and it wasn't a human. My brain processed it as this..

This is Zoot, the saxophone playing Muppet from The Muppt Show. As I look remembered my experiences, I thought how easy it would have been for my 5 year old brain to see sunglasses instead of sunken hollow eyes.

Well, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your experiences with the 'Hat Man'. I never really did any looking into it, but it would appear that this phantom seems quite common. That's pretty interesting and I am going to tell my mother.

Hank

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Holy crap, when I read this post it not only sent chills down my spine but it also gave me a bit of hope. I've been searching for others that have encountered this entity for many years now.

To TRB1515 and everyone else that has posted a similar encounter on this thread, I can only tell you that I believe you. And that you were a little more lucky that I was. That 'thing' is REAL and more real than it should be. To those of you whom attribute their experiences to SP or dream hallucination...well, you don't know what the hell you're talking about (no offense intended)

I have recently posted my story here (www.ghosts.org...) but I will retell my story.

The date was 1994, July 4th. I was 17 at the time. My father had tried to kill me a few days before my 17th birthday, so I was a run-away living with friends.

That night, I was staying with a friend of mine. We set off a few fireworks and then watched his neighbors set off theirs. After a while my friend was ready for bed, his grandmother had already retired for the night. He went into his bedroom and I camped out on the sofa. Eventually I could hear my friend snoring away in his bedroom and his grandmother finally stopped talking to herself. At this time I also began to drift to sleep.

But at some point I opened my eyes to see a figure standing several feet away wearing a trench coat and a large brim hat. I was almost asleep at this point so I didn't react the way I should have. I shut my eyes and continued to fall asleep.

Moments later I re-opened my eyes to find the figure standing over me, about a 1/2 foot from the sofa. He had pale eyes and a sinister smile. His face looked like leather. Unfortunately, I continued to fall asleep. But I wouldn't sleep for long.

I was suddenly awakened by not just one, but two swift blows to the stomach. This woke me up immediately. I sat up and looked around the living room only to find myself alone. I walked down the hallway towards my friend's room thinking he was playing a joke on me. At his bedroom door I only discovered him snoring away in his bed.

I then returned to the sofa, but didn't really sleep very soundly that night. The next morning I asked both my friend and his grandmother about the figure I saw. They knew nothing of it nor did they believe my story. Yet, that morning while in the shower, I noticed a small bruise on my stomach.

Sense then I've been looking for answers. I know it's real and it isn't bound to any particular location. I once had another friend (back in about 2000 or 2001) that told me of a similar story where he saw the same figure outside of his window and was unable to move while his sister was screaming in the same room.

The pictures others have posted in this forum are very much like the image I remember seeing 1994, July 4th. What is this entity?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread has been 'resurrected' else I would not of read it before. Never heard nor seen any of these 'hat men' or 'shadow people', yet it seems quite common! Very interesting indeed.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

This is exactly what I saw as a child. I was pretty young and awoke in my bed suddenly. No sound or anything. Standing right beside my bed was a tall, dark shadow figure, wearing a wide brimmed hat and either a trench type coat or perhaps a cloak. He seemed to be looking down at me. I could almost sense a face, I remember thinking it looked sort of like a cowboy. Looked just like this picture. I was so terrified I just squeezed my eyes shut and practically stopped breathing. After a while, I opened my eyes again and it was no longer there. Never saw it again but remember it vividly. Didn't think much of it until I began reading about people having the same experiences as me, and many of them children as well. Very, very weird.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

5 years ago I had an encounter with one of these creatures, just praying to God to achieve true that I do leave in peace.
for those who do not believe in this left some pictures to investigate:

thehatmanproject.com...
artsproducciones.com...

Sorry for my bad english but i talok in spanish.. i was that encounter on my country Venezuela..

My mail is [email protected]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If you are telling the truth, it's a classic shadow person, I think they have been seen wearing hats a few times.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I just listened to Coast to Coast Am a few days ago, and Heidi Hollis was on, talking about Shadow People and the Hat Man. In a nutshell, Shadow People are supposedly demonic entities and the Hat Man is their boss... possibly the devil himself.

Heidi told a story on the radio, of a guy who had attempted suicide. He woke up in the hospital and the Hat Man was sitting on the edge of his bed and said something like, "I almost had you." Another story told of the Hat Man talking and introducing himself as "Scratch." ("Old Scratch" was the name for the devil in Old Europe.)

Look at Heidi Hollis' website for more on the Hat Man and Shadow People: www.shadows.ufo2u.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

Hi,

I have seen him too! Just two days ago he was standing in my living room. I was not a sleep very awake! This is really something because last I have seen him that was about 28 years ago when I was 5 years old. There he visited me many times

All that I know is: There is a wine that is called sandeman and his picture is on the bottle. The company bought this picture from a artist that just painted that one picture. That was in the late 17 ore 18 century. He has seen him already at this time. People all over the world have seen him. It cant be a ghost because I was raised in Germany and today i live in California. Ghosts stay normally on their place. I have tryed to find out everything I can but it just remains a secret. I contacted alldiffrent kinds of alien resaerchers one said mib. That sounds ok to me because yes he is a man dressed in black but i never have seen any ufo when i was 5. The MIB normally tryes to make you forget ufo sightings. That is at least what alien researchers say. Other people say he is satan in person what i dont belive.Others say he is protecting you. it cant have anything to do with it beeing something like death because i am still alive and enough other people that have seen him are still alive too. A demon that wants some negative energie. All these things are possible but when i think about it not quit right. I dont know what it is I just now that it is ancient, worldwide and very real.
To me over my live time i think it had a good effect because i know for sure that something is out there.
I was scared and maby i still am but i would say if it is satan in person he would not appaer in such a scary form. He comes and shows you nice things to try to make a deal with you. Satan wants to trick you. I dont think that anybody in this world would make a deal with this thing. We all think that black is bad and the bright light things are good. But light can also blind you this is what some very smart people have told me. Like they say it in dream analysis as more fear you have in youre dream as better it is because it is always reversed.

It seems to me that all the people that have seen him are slowly getting closer to reval this big secret. Years and years i thought i was the only one that has seen him. Every body made fun of me when ever i was talking about it. Not nice because there are really crazy people out there that get all the attention with their storys. I think also people that did not see him should really stop writing anything about it. It would be very helpful when all the people that have seen him come together and try to find out. I am sure that all these people have one thing in commen.

Everything in live in the universe has always one positive and one negative. Maby this figure wants to tell us that we should not run away from the negative but face it. no positive without the negative that is the rule about energie.

This is jus my thought

Anja

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

Your mind is playing tricks on you. Our brains try to make sense out of what we see, and when you see something that doesn't make sense, you get scared. It's the default mode our brains go in to - it can't figure out whether what you see is safe or dangerous, so it defaults to "dangerous", which is erring on the side of caution.

Pay no attention to it. Seriously - it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

OMG 'AA',

I literally experience the paranormal (at some level) practically every day of my life ... and not much 'freaks me out'. But this guy scared the crap out of me once. And I can't believe you used the 'Sandeman's Port' image as a description ... that is exactly how I described the way he looked !!!

To 'dave420' - the doubter who thinks that this entity or whatever it is ... is all in the mind ... I promise you IT IS NOT ALL IN THE MIND.

If any of you people here have ever read any of my threads or post, you will know that I do not deal in fantasy ... and when I read the OP in this thread my heart literally missed a beat (and not in a good way) ... in fact it's still thumping now.

I had caught glimpses of this guy numerous times when I still lived at my moms house (we're talking almost 30yrs ago), but never saw him clearly. It was one of those things where you thought you saw someone walk passed an open door but no-one was there.

1/ The one and only time I ever got a good look at him was years later. I was sitting in bed reading and when I looked up he was standing at the foot of my bed as clear and as solid as you and I (THAT IS ASSUMING EVERYONE READING THIS IS SOLID OF COURSE). I joke to mask the fact that I'm still creeped by these memories.

As I've already said, I have seen more than my fair share of spirits and 'other' things and I tend to take them in my stride ... but this guy was the most unnerving thing I've ever seen and would never wish to see him again. He was just as other posters already descibed (wide-brimmed hat /cloak etc), but it was his face that stuck in my mind. His face was yellow (and I don't mean as in jaundiced - I mean YELLOW) and it was like rubber or leather or something similar. But it was his eyes (or lack of) that truly frightened me ... they were just hollow, black sockets staring at me.

I just remember sitting there tranfixed by the 'eyes' and I couldn't move. Not because I was paralysed or anything, just too scared to move. I remember after what seemed like hours (in reality probably a couple of minutes), I closed my eyes, no more than a blink really ... when I opened them he was gone.

2/ When my youngest son was little (about 2 - 3 yrs old - he's now 17yrs old) he went through a stage of having 'night terrors' sometimes three or four nights a week. It was awful because I used to feel so helpless ...all I could do was hold him and keep talking to him until he'd eventually calm down. These terrors would last anything from 5 - 20 mins and during them his eyes would be wide open and staring straight in front of him with such a look of horror in them. And he would scream such terrified screams that it physically hurt me to see him in such distress. In between these screams all you could ever get out of him was that 'the man was after him' ! One night after he'd calmed down I asked him what the man looked like and I nearly died of shock when he said 'he's got a yellow face and funny eyes' ! After we moved to North Yorkshire he never had 'night-terrors' again

3/ Some time ago my oldest son and I were talking about my mothers house ... and the various 'experiences' we've all had there. And he told me about something that used to scare him when they used to stay at her for the weekend sometimes when they were children. This had apparently happened one Saturday afternoon when he and his sister were going into town with my mother and as they'd gone out of the gate my son had looked up at my mother's bedroom window and saw a man with a wide-brimmed hat and a yellow face looking back at him !

This gives me the chills just writing about it ... so to 'dave420' please don't presume to tell me that these accounts and the accounts of everyone else who has seen this, is hallucinating or that we are all lier's.

Whilst I cannot speak for the others I can say with my hand on my heart that I am most definately not a lier and my two sons and myself were not hallucinating ... THIS WAS ALL TOO REAL !!!

[edit on 25-8-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Alright so people are deffinently seeing something here. Now what exactly does the Hat Man want?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

Interesting story my friend. What really creeps me out is when i was a kid (25 yrs. ago, so this is long before the internet) my dad told me of an encounter he had as a child (early 1960's). He was in his bedroom preparing to tuck in for the night when he seen what he calls the "shadow man". The only "details" he could make out was a silhouette of a "man" wearing a cape and a wide brimmed fedora. Needless to say he got the hell out of the room and ran downstairs.
It's interesting that there are so many stories of the hat man. What gives? What could it be?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Groynkikt

I don't know but I intend to get to the bottom of this. But how?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The man in the hat. My Mother and her brothers saw him too. Or them. She's told us about it several times. They saw it quite a few times in one house they grew up in. He would always be seen standing in a doorway, leaning into one side. No details were ever seen, just a clearly defined human form, solid black with a wide brim hat. So don't let the naysayers get you down OP, others have seen it too.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
When I was around ten years old (1999-ish), my mother, sister, and I were downstairs. They were watching TV, and I was jumping over the treadmill we had, pretending to be an animal. Anyway, as I turned to do another jump, a moving shadow caught my eye and I looked down the hall. I saw the figure of a man in a trench coat and a hat running from my room, across the hall, to the room we kept all the toys in. He disappeared into the room and a moment later I saw a shoe, a hand, and half of his face as he peeked out at me and retreated back into the room. I was so afraid that I refused to sleep in my room for days, choosing instead to sleep upstairs in the living room. When I adamently refused to go back downstairs alone, my parents decided to give me their bedroom upstairs and used the old toy room as their new room. Although they each have had paranormal experiences of their own, they have never seen this Shadow Man. He scared the hell out of me, and to this day I still won't go downstairs. I always feel like something is watching me when I go down there. A couple of years later we found out that the family who lived in the house before us had starved their little boy and kept him locked up downstairs. He didn't die down there, but my family and I still think that the shadow man might have been related to that.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, now that I've read this, I won't sleep tonight. If I ever do run into this thing, I'm going to give him two seconds to pull a rabbit out of that hat before I take off.
Man, usually the 'spirit' stuff doesn't phase me... The second I got done reading this post, I got chills down my spine. And that never happens. Ever.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TRB1515

Yes my brother and I have been seeing this figure periodically since we were children. My older sister also saw him once as a child. It still visits by brother about once every 4 to 6 months regardless of where he lives.

We would like to know who or what this is but have no idea. I have told my brother he should try to simply ask it what it wants and who he is the next time he appears but he doesn't want anything to do with it and so will no acknowledge it by speaking to it. This is a very frightening figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join