It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hat Man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've been reading this site for a couple months now, but this is my first post. I searched around for this topic but I didn't find any so I'm starting a new one.

A few weeks ago I thought I saw a man in a cloak and a wide brim hat standing about 12 feet away from me. You could see the hat VERY clearly. I couldn't see legs or anything, the cloak just kind of hung off this shoulders? He was darker than anything I've ever seen. The lights were on in the room I was standing in, but off in the room this thing was in. He was MUCH darker than his surroundings.

I was IMMEDIATLY scared. Really scared. I could sense right away that this was not a nice thing. I was wide awake so I was in a sleepy state or anything, I wasn't imagining things. Besides, it wasn't like I thought I saw a ghost or spirit. I had never heard of/seen anything like it, so it's unlikely I just made it up in my head

About a week later I was on the phone with my father. I kind of casually brought up how I thought there was a strange man-thingy in my bedroom wearing a hat. And he stopped me and told me that he had heard of them on a radio show, coast to coast maybe?

So I've been doing research ever since it happened. I've come across threads on here about Shadow People ... but I do not think this is what I saw. It was not a cloudy figure, it did not move fast (it actually didn't move at all) and it had a very distinct shape. It disappeared almost as soon as I saw it.
It didn't look like the things that the guys from TAPS caught on tape. It looked like this

Anyone one ever seen anything like this at all? Know anything?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
OK wait a minute now. You were lying in your bed but you weren't sleepy and you see a large dark man shape standing 12 feet from you in a cape. So, did you just roll over and go back to sleep or run screaming from the house??

That's the part of these kinds of tales that make me wonder. The fear. Where is the fear? And what did you do when you saw it. I would have turned on lights at least and I possibly would have been bruised and bloody from trying to scrabble out my window in a blind panic.

I think you might have been half asleep. Maybe?
There are few podcasts latey by Omega that you might be interested in.
Podcasts

[edit on 7/4/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i know shadow ppl dont mess with them you just spooked me

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
OK wait a minute now. You were lying in your bed but you weren't sleepy and you see a large dark man shape standing 12 feet from you in a cape. So, did you just roll over and go back to sleep or run screaming from the house??

That's the part of these kinds of tales that make me wonder. The fear. Where is the fear? And what did you do when you saw it. I would have turned on lights at least and I possibly would have been bruised and bloody from trying to scrabble out my window in a blind panic.

I think you might have been half asleep. Maybe?
There are few podcasts latey by Omega that you might be interested in.
Podcasts

Where did it say he was in bed? I must be missing something here... He said he was very afraid, that sounds like fear, maybe?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It must off been

MIB

Men in Black

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sironion
Where did it say he was in bed? I must be missing something here... He said he was very afraid, that sounds like fear, maybe?

OK even so. What happened after you were really scared. Did the man disappear walk out the front door or what?

I think it sounds like sleep paralysis to me. Sorry I sounded harsh but I was tired and a little grumpy last night. I tend to find the posts with more details expressed other than I saw a shadow-thingy and I was scared. Did you call the police? If you didn't think it was a spirit did you think it was an intruder?

That drawing reminds me a lot of V.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wasn't in bed .... I was standing in one room, looking into another. The light was on in the room I was in, off in the other room this thing was in. I was frozen there for about 3 minutes, just looking into the room, trying to make sense of what I just saw. Trust me, I turned every light on immediatly and basically haven't slept in full darkness since this happened

And the fear I felt that night is unlike anything I have EVER experienced before. It made me physically sick to my stomach and it still scares me. If it didn't, I wouldn't be here trying to get to the bottom of it.

And when I say it wasn't a spirit or ghost, I just mean it wasn't your typical scary sighting. I was just trying to differentiate between other 'ghost' sightings, like a white mist or something. I know this thing wasn't an intruder, or human (so no, I didn't call the police)

I suffered from sleep paralysis when I was a child, it's completely different. And like I said, I wasn't even in bed and I was up moving around. I'm pretty positive that this thing is not the same thing that people think visit them during sleep paralysis. He was nowhere near my bed and didn't touch me.

I didn't have too many details because I figured I'd just come here and tell the story and see what develops. I'm not trying to write a short story. I just told it like I saw it. I thought the picture was a great discription of what I saw.
If you have any more questions, ask away. I'll answer. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever seen one of these. I've read stories online and see drawings (like the one I posted) but have never spoken with anyone about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's V from V For Vendetta. Don't worry, he's harmless unless you're a politician.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here are a few sites that might help you out TRB1515.

This is a forum where people are talking out their experiences with a Hat Man.
Hat Man Fourm

Another link you might want to check out.
Hat Man Help
Click on The Hat Man on the left menu on this page.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thanks Nventual

I'm not a child. I wouldn't be wasting my time doing this if I thought I saw some comic book character. I'm not sure if your comment was mean spirited ... but if there is any place where I thought my story would not be mocked, it's here.

Thank you for those links

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Set up some boobie traps, theres nothing like watching a shadow man trip
and land his face in your dirty underwear ! At least maybe then while hes
down itll give you a chance to pummel his ass with louie slugger.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have heard of the Shadow People many times, but I wasn't aware that the Hat Man was a unique phenomenon. Seems there a number of people seeing the Hat Man.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've been lurking here for awhile too, and just registered to reply to this post. I've seen something very similar to your "Hat Man", or what I call the Shadowman at my house. Mine was wearing a long suit jacket, not a cape. There was a stream of light coming from under the bathroom door, but otherwise the room was dark. He was blacker than black, and in the perfect form of a man as I saw him both times as a side view. He wore a hat, but it was more a fedora type hat. I could not see his legs because he was walking behind the bed, but his silouette was as crisp and clear as can be. When he walked in front of the mirror, I could see his image in the mirror also. The second time I saw him it was daylight. A family member saw him a week or so later. I didn't feel any negativity at all from him. Anyhow, I just wanted to reply to your post.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep

i feel like i should chime in here.

although supernatural entities like those being discussed are generally employed in various entertainment media as props for cheap scares with their sudden appearances and frightful, deadly nature, there is no such cinematic quality to most genuine (or percieved) encounters with such beings. the silhouette, or luminescent figure, or what have you doesn't jump out from around the corner; rather, it is generally moving leisurely or not at all, as would a living human. therefore, it often does not provoke a "boo" response, but rather a sense of awe that leaves the unwitting witness unable to react as under normal circumstances.

one's reactions to various sorts of danger are hard-wired into one's psyche. one will generally turn and run in panic only from a clear and active physical threat, like a pissed-off bulldog or a crazy guy with a knife or somesuch. when one happens (exemplar gratis) to notice a transparent nun walking through the room, one doesn't feel so much terrified as fascinated or stricken, as with the discovery of a gruesome murder scene.

there are many kinds of fear, after all.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have seen the same entity in a dream before, and I have read stories concerning him, I call him " The Black Man " because he's always wearing his cloak and his hat, he likes to scare people. I can't remember all of the story I read but it said not to talk about him out loud.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have been lurking here for quite some time reading up on UFO and Cryptozoology stuff for fun and to better educate myself on these topics. I have also had this really opressive (Can't think of a better way to describe it) need to find out more truth about the world around me. I stumbled upon this today and instantly knew it was time to register. This 'Hat Man' or someone just like him appeared to me as a child. Here's my best recollection:

I was at my babysitters house playing with her son Brian who was also my age and we were bored so we asked to go play in the field up the street where the junior high school was. It was probably 5-6 PM (getting close to sundown) and we were running around in the grass when my friend pointed someone out to me. We were previously alone until he pointed to the hillside roughly 50 feet or so higher than us on the far end of the field. There was this 'Hat Man' on the tip top of the hillside with his arms raised and basically looked just like that picture (yes I realize it's the V for Vendetta character, but this is what we saw.) He was just standing there, basically motionless other than his long coat flapping in the slight breeze. I know for certain I could not see his face, it was just solid black. I remember once we saw it/him we both were completely freaked out and sprinted all the way back to his house. Neither of us had any idea of what we saw but I can still remember the imagery in my head clear as day.

I haven't thought about that experience for many years but that picture brought it right back to the forefront of my memory. For those really interested in details, this was roughly 1985-1987 and took place in Saugus, California. I believe the school was called Highlands.

I have had a few random other apparition experiences I will detail in other forums but otherwise I'm more interested in knowledge rather than discovery of more events.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Distortion462]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mmm This seems to be quite common

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wow, TRB, your Hat Man looks sooo much like something I have seen as well. Mine was not at all shadowdy, and tho I have mentioned him in 'shadow man' threads, He never matched other descriptions.......

I saw him in full daylight, along with other witnesses. We were all instantly 'frozen with fear', for no rational reason, it seemed. He was about 40 yards away and made no threatening moves, not even to look or turn toward us, but we tried to duck out of sight, and no one spoke till he had gone away. I can still remember being so scared that I couldn't breathe! ( And like Distortion's experience, we were in a school yard!)

Oddly, we did not talk about him after he was gone.....not that day or later. I had practically forgotten about him till I heard someone else related a weird experience they'd had in almost that same spot......then the memory, and the fear I'd felt that day came rushing back!!

Our 'fellow' had a glowing blue orb following along behind him as he 'flowed' down the street, as if he were floating rather than walking......his long robe/coat hung nearly to the ground, and did not move as it would have if his knees were bumping against it.

The other weird incident that occured in that spot also included a floating blue orb and was seen at night. Tho that witness made no mention of the 'dark man' ( it was night, after all and if he had been there, he could have easily blended in with the dark.), it triggered my memory.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by frayed1]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I saw something similar to what you saw, but the one I saw had a like a stove pipe hat. I was staying at a hotel that was next to a cemetary. Still had the light on and wasn't sleeping. Couldn't see a face, but my mind's eye could see a very evil smile. Totally freaked me out.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i have this slight suggestion that the "Hat Man" You guys speak of is like some evil reflection of shadow people..because as a child i clearly recal to this day seeing one in my mothers room on my way out to the hall, he leaned in up to the left side of my face ans whispered into my ear.."Alex" (my name)...i jumped in fright and screamed at the top of my lungs..scared the thing to death and it took off zoomin into the wall..i dashed out of the room so fast i hit the wall in the hall and almost knocked down every single pictre janging up...i dont think shadow people are harmful or have an intent to...but from that post above me..thast just creepy at hell...sure sound slike an evil reflection...
Think about it what do you think?
~Kiliker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join