It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And this is perfect to draw attention on them and so Israël can do anything to palestine when nobody's looking...

Notice how this has conveniently knocked the situation in Gaza out of the headlines?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

They launched three missiles in the direction of Japan.

Look at a map.
Where else does North Korea have to test launch their missiles but the Sea of Japan?

It wasn't aimed at Japan, it was aimed at the ocean hundreds of miles from Japan, don't exaggerate.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
UN security council is in emergency session.

(source:Nerdling from ATS Chat)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Xeros
Does anyone know where the shuttle Discovery was in relation to the T2 missile launch or even if it is a possibility for it to be hit? Although This seems extremely unlikely and stupid.

ermmm...

In space?

Sorry but I heard someone mention it earlier and er............. *hangs head in shame*
I'm not too clued up on missiles, although they are sexy
(can I fit in now?)

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Xeros]

link   

Originally posted by xmotex

They launched three missiles in the direction of Japan.

Look at a map.
Where else does North Korea have to test launch their missiles but the Sea of Japan?

It wasn't aimed at Japan, it was aimed at the ocean hundreds of miles from Japan, don't exaggerate.

I guess when flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania, hundreds of miles short of its target, it wasnt a terrorist act either

link   
www.cnn.com...
this link might help a bit to what they are saying was the reason behind the launch...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'd bet that a currently deployed carrier is en-route close to the coast of north korea. Not that it's there to start strikes mind you, but rather to provide a little intimidation.

Being active duty Navy I'd put money down that the united states will start using intimidation tactics to scare NK into playing nice. As far as strikes go - I don't think so - not yet anyway. Our squadron has "Quarters" (a kind of squadron meeting) @ the beginning of every week. If my Commanding Officer puts out any releveant news I'll be sure to pass it on here.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
On Cnn moments ago their Pentagon correspondant confirmed that 2 short range missles and one long were fired. The long range one was in the "survailence" area and mysteriously failed soon into flight. Now I understand the Pentagon says that their ABM systems take upwards of 5 mins to be deployed and are denying involvement. However the mood at the Pentagon and their reporters seems to give off a feeling of accomplishment to me. I believe that our Specialtity black subs or similar with the the same ABM laser mounted as the Boeings may have had something to do with it but obviously cant confirm it. What do you folks think happened here to their superior missle system?

Sorry my above responce was in a thread I started and was closed due to relavancy to this thread. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We should thank NK for the lame attempt at a fireworks show, and make it clear that we're not cowed by their threats. The way to do that is not with some panicky ill-conceived airstrikes, or by promising them a free lunch if they promise not to launch any more creaky bottle rockets at fish and seagulls.

North Korea is intentionally being provocative, IE attempting to provoke a reaction. The best response is to dismiss them as the impotent, incompetent, poverty stricken slave nation that they are.

I guess when flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania, hundreds of miles short of its target, it wasnt a terrorist act either

An intentional misrepresentation.
Flight 93 was intended to hit a target in Washington DC.
There is no sign that any of these missles were intended to hit anything but open ocean.

These missiles were being tracked, if there was any indication that they were intended to hit anything (once you know a ballistic missile's flight path, you know it's target), we'd be reading about airstrikes right now, and not just conferences at the UN.

[edit on 7/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well, it looks like this..

4 missles

on the 4th of July.

This is meant to send a message to America.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
hmmm,

[borring monotone voice]
oh god oh god were all gonna die
[/borring monotone voice]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I guess Kim's dong didn't have the stamina to go the distance. I don't see any reason to freak out when their long range America killer can't even make it to S. Korea....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I guess Kim's dong didn't have the stamina to go the distance. I don't see any reason to freak out when their long range America killer can't even make it to S. Korea....

They can hit South Korea with other weapons.
And its suicide trying something like that aswell. But North Korea are sending out a message, we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

North Korea is intentionally being provocative, IE attempting to provoke a reaction. The best response is to dismiss them as the impotent, incompetent, poverty stricken slave nation that they are.

Yeeeah! I say The best response is to bomb the F**k out of their impotent, incompetent, poverty stricken slave nation or maybe dismiss their poverty stricken slave nation. Go USA Because we all know that they fight for OUR freedoms at the expense of everyone elses. At the end of the day Sort out your priorities.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hey...its possible that they are just testing us and seeing if we are really gonna strike back... or theres a possiblity that were missing the bigger picture... they might be planning something bigger then just a test launch... they might have everything already staged out... i have no idea... but all we can really do is jus wait it out and hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
North Korea is in poverty because the communist have created a closed society and spend the wealth on an army. The people are brainwashed to believe America is coming to invade them, they are controlled by Kim (culture of personality)...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I gotta tell you though If I am Japan Im very Disturbed right now and borderline ready for a very ugly fight. These were within close proximity to Japan. The Japanese military has got to foaming at the mouth right now. I wonder if the US can remedy what obviously the Japanese have every right to react too. The upside is now NK has less missles to hurl.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Look at a map.

Yeah, because I'm the one whose exagerating. Let's go ahead and disregard the fact that Japan finds the act very provacitive.

There are other ways of testing a missile. And even firing three missiles in the direction of Japan after being warned by that nation that they would consider it a provacitive act.

And considering where they decide to launch from there is a little thing called the yellow sea. But Perhaps China might not take kindly to that.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And this is perfect to draw attention on them and so Israël can do anything to palestine when nobody's looking...

Notice how this has conveniently knocked the situation in Gaza out of the headlines?

Thanks.

I thought of something... If NK WANT to bring US troops near it's borders, and when there is about 200-300 000 US troops in Seoul or near NK, they fire all what they have and then they kill 150-200 000 troops... Even if it means destruction, they win in a sort of way. Maybe it's a pact with China to kill a large portion of US troops and then Russia/China attack USA?

Or i'm crazy.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think the 4 missiles went back down to 3. Fox states 2 short, 1 long missile but nothing about a 4th. Anyone have any confirmed info on a 4th or do you think they are done for the day?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join