It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The US won't respond to them with any occupation or military. What do they have to offer us? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am sorry but I would be highly disappointed if there is nothing done from this act. The fact of the capability of the missle, whether it broke apart or we shot it down, something needs done. Tactical strikes. No more diplomacy. With perfect conditions, that missle could have reached as far as Chicago.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

There will be no military response from the United States. Go back to work in the morning. We will pay them off behind closed doors.

Yeah I agree, sure it's provocative, but North Korea has been pulling provocative stunts for 50 years. I strongly doubt there will be any military response besides perhaps a larger/closer USN presence in the area for a couple months. Airstrikes are extremely unlikely, there is no need to retaliate against something that blows up in midair.

Tactical strikes. No more diplomacy. With perfect conditions, that missle could have reached as far as Chicago.

A test launch aimed into the ocean doesn't require an armed response.
Especially a failed test launch. Calm down - there is nothing to retaliate for.
Working up fear & hysteria is part of North Korea's extortion strategy.
Fortunately, we don't have to play their game.

[edit on 7/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

There will be no military response from the United States. Go back to work in the morning. We will pay them off behind closed doors.

I don't think people are planning to call in sick in the a.m.

The US won't pay them off behind closed doors. Don't you think Japan will be the one to deal with this?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That is exactly what they want us to do. They desire the tactical strikes, they need the feel of importance

link   

Originally posted by eagle eye
whats the fuzz every country test misiles its plain normal balistic test, it was schedule. Its NK who actualy report the event.

i wonder why ppl gets scare by som balistic test you have no idea how does US does this and dont report it. Dont be scared at the misiles you see at the prime time news, lol, weird enough its 4rth of july, how patriotic it would be to discuss about it.

The big difference is that when the US and other countries test missiles we don't actually launch them at other countries.

A subtle but very big difference.

Spiderj

link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Don't you think Japan will be the one to deal with this?

No, China will.
North Korea hang on to China for aid. China wouldnt want a war on their back door, they have the ability to remove economic support that would kill North Korea.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"This" one broke up and failed, that is not saying the next one will and I dont think we should wait around to find out what the next one does. They were told not to launch, they disobeyed.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PittsburghMike
"This" one broke up and failed, that is not saying the next one will and I dont think we should wait around to find out what the next one does. They were told not to launch, they disobeyed.

we'll have to wait and see.

Im not sure if they will fire a fifth.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And this is perfect to draw attention on them and so Israël can do anything to palestine when nobody's looking... Also, this will further cut our liberties to protect us from the bad north korea... On July 4, cutting liberties, GREAT

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

link   

The big difference is that when the US and other countries test missiles we don't actually launch them at other countries.

There has been no claim or indication that they launched these missiles at anyone.

Enough with the scaremongering already people, puhleeez

link   
It's now time, to remove the north korea dictator.
Democracy mustn't allow this.

I'll wait to see what China and Japan would do about this.

Crustas

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How many missles have been tested by a country in one day? Anyone know?

I think the motive is both for show and to provoke. It's a 'test' in more than one way!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
US: Long Range Missile failed 40 seconds into launch.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

There has been no claim or indication that they launched these missiles at anyone.

Can someone remind tof the last peaceful missle that was built? I kinda think there is some level of intent with missle firing.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Exactly. They are tests. What make it OK for the US to test their weapons, but a sin against all of humanity for N. Korea to do so, even though the N. Korean weapons pale in comparison? The only answer I can think of, is very effective brainwashing, on a massive scale.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's now time, to remove the north korea dictator.

Why, when the cost of removing him would be a major war, and the cost of ignoring him is the occasional demented publicity stunt?

Democracy mustn't allow this.

What the hell does that mean?
How does a chunk of flaming debris landing in the open ocean constitute a threat to democracy?

I'll wait to see what China and Japan would do about this.

China will threaten to stop propping up their basket-case economy.
Japan will continue to rearm, which was pretty much inevitable anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

They launched three missiles in the direction of Japan. The missiles weren't headed for open water they were launched in the direction of Japan which Japan has warned North Korea against in the past.

It's not fear mongering on my part, I was simply clarifying why it's more provacitve coming from North Korea.

When we test missiles we don't launch them toward Canada or Great Britain.

Of course I'm open to being wrong, but I doubt I am.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Does anyone know where the shuttle Discovery was in relation to the T2 missile launch or even if it is a possibility for it to be hit? Although This seems extremely unlikely and stupid.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Does anyone know where the shuttle Discovery was in relation to the T2 missile launch or even if it is a possibility for it to be hit? Although This seems extremely unlikely and stupid.

ermmm...

In space?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join