It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African Civil War Spurred On By Mugabe's Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
allafrica.com...

www.sabcnews.com...

How to Quote

Please do not copy entire articles as a basis for your thread, add your own thoughts and opinions on the subject and then present it to us.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seems that the general South African Public has had enough.

Go here:

www.crimexposouthafrica.co.za...

Crime Expo South Africa

In other parts of S.Africa, Bussines men in Port Elizabeth have hired mercenaries to "take out" gangtsers and known criminals.

The public in general is tired of the "new" South African governments empty promises.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's bad enough they're hiring mercs? What kind of gangsters are these, or it it just general lawlessness?

DE

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

DeusEx:

The average criminal in SA does an armed robbery with heavy fire power military hardware such as AK47's, R5 or R4 (galil).

I've even heard of bank robberies where high explosives or hand grenades were used.

These are all hardened ex bush war fighters who fought for South Africa's "freedom" and now are sitting with Mandela's empty promises, no houses, food or warm clothing.

The next obvious step? ... let me see now ... I have military skills, access to serious weapons we buried during the apartheid days BINGO!

So the required response would be to get professional mercs to take them out.

Just to aggravate things, now Mugabe is also climbing on the band wagon.
Result: a dramatic decline in law & order and eventual civil war and as always it will be blamed on the white man.

Oh but wait... South Africa has valuable mineral resources so maybe the US will come and "liberate" them from "oppression" ??? or suddenly decide that S.Africa did not dismantle all there nuclear weapons and that they need to punished by firstly destroying the entire infrastructure of the company and then rebuild it the American way?

Oh well ... all the better for me I say but don't forget that not even Rome lasted for ever despite "ruling the world"

Whoaa I have gone way off subject!! ...

Here's another recent news headline:

Attack on South African police officers should be regarded as treason

THE ACDP is outraged by the bloody murders of four police officers in Jeppestown following an armed robbery at a Pick ‘n Pay store (“Bloodbath as 12 die in robbery shootout”, The Herald, June 26).

These officers have paid the ultimate price of losing their lives in the fight against crime.

It appears from newspaper photographs that the police officers who tried to apprehend the robbers did not wear bullet-proof vests. Police officers sent into armed conflicts without proper protection are possibly sentenced to their death.

How to Quote
Warnings for Excessive Quoting & How to Quote

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Doesn't exactly bode well for the 2010 Football World Cup ....

btw Mugabe doesn;t just hate white Africans. He hates all people who are not members of his own tribe. Hence the mass famine he engineered across much of Sothern Africa - which killed mostly black Africans (they starved because Mugabe destroyed the farms which used to provide surplus food to neighbouring countries, even in drought conditions).

I can understand the Americans not wanting to get involved. But I am eternally ashamed of Britain and the rest of the Commonwealth for sitting back and letting that mass murderer continue to destroy Rhodesia and it's neighbours

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Essan: No don't be ashamed 'cause if Britain did take any hard action then they would be labled as racist oppressors and the whole colonisation thing would be thrown in there face again by the rest of the world.

These days there is no right or wrong, left or right, good or bad, just opinions!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I live in South Africa and for the past couple weeks there has been a spate of robberies recently where witnesses have said that the gunmen operated with military precision.

There has been instances where familiy gatherings have been targeted because theres lots of cars and people in small area.
They would enter the premises from all directions at the same time and issue direct commands and they take what they want and then leave in record time.

Mugabe is a tyrant like Saddam. He has been president ever since he was first brought into power over 15 years ago. It is well known that the elections are rigged in favour of him and press & media cant speak their minds for fear of a "military accident" i.e. - You would be driving home one night & a 10ton military transport truck would accidentaly on purpose crash into you.

After the "war veterans" (Often barely old enough to buy a beer) took white owned farms back, they were then given to black people. Although the new land owners had no training or understanding of agriculture and as a result lost tremendous amounts of produce.

The people started starving and killing wildlife which is also threatened and most if not all skilled people in Zim has left.

While the people were starving, Mugabe was getting his monthly groceries flown in from the UK.

The Rhodesian war back in the 70's was sparked over similar reasons. ZANLA terrorists were being trained in Mozambique and were entering Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) to create unrest.
They would tell local tribesman that they are there to liberate Africa of white men and they need their support.

Its racism at its most extreme

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Seems this blog has come to the attention of the South African Media.

The Mail & Guardian newspaper is investigating:

See Below.

www.mg.co.za.../breaking_news/breaking_news__national/&articleid=276688
Johannesburg, South Africa - 07 July 2006 04:13

The embassy of Zimbabwe in South Africa on Friday criticised the media for what it believes are unsubstantiated allegations that former Zimbabwean soldiers are involved in crime..

top topics

join