It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's Big Brother house cutting 9/11 talk.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes i'm a sad puppy and i watch the UK's Big Brother reality show.

Just been watching the live feed on E4 and in the new secret house a few of the new housemates started discussing the events of 9/11. One of the housemates went on to start giving the "alternative" version of what happened that day, however every time he went to say anything that deviated from the official story, the cut the sound on the telly.
Big Brother frequently has sound dips for legal purposes, but theres no reason to cut peoples opinions out. Yet another example of the media dictating what they want us to hear!

CX.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Yes i'm a sad puppy and i watch the UK's Big Brother reality show.

Sad indeed. A science experiment under the cunning guise of a trendy and popular television show will never make for good viewing. I find this programming to be the most mindnumbingly dumbed down trash I have ever seen. The fact that they edit out any intelligent conversation about books, politics, or alternative topics reinforces this. They just cut the sound, it's pathetic. The name of the show sais it all. I have no words for my hatred of the programme, and no understanding of people who sit about and watch it.

CX

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
[ I have no words for my hatred of the programme, and no understanding of people who sit about and watch it.

Lol nice one Burger, i'll take that as a compliment!

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree with yiu, burger. The first time I ever saw the show i almost dozed off as the people on it were so damn boring, shallow, and dull. Why would i waste time sitting on a couch watching a bunch of shallow, common, uninteresting idiots sit around and babble about nothing when these very same people are the ones i would not waste an insult on in real life?

I think it really boils down to that the producers of Big Brother want to keep the audience watching, and since the TV audience is mainly composed of dullwitted, stupid braindead council estate denizens and other people of plant level intelligence (note I said MAINLY. You are not included in that group, CX, it is obvious because you actually WANTED to hear something intelligent come from these otherwise dull mouths). If the contestants actually began talking about something beyond clothes, drinking, swearing, and shagging, most viewers would not want to see, as most viewers are base creatures that posses no awareness beyond their council estate and pathetic lives.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
And if you actually got an accurate interpretation of our society do you think the show will be interesting? Of course that's why people watch the show because they are all idiots, people watch and want to see idiots/ sex/ alcoholics, its pure fabrication of dumb tv, watching live people having sex pushes the boundaries and puts us at a cutting 'social' edge. I know people disagree but I know (definitely in my work place anyway) that as soon as something happens on BB it is reflected over in general chit0chat days over. If you can't beat 'em join em!

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lol guys, those replies are funny, and yes i expected them so bring em on, i don't mind

We all have our vices, and for a few weeks a year this is mine!
Sometimes when you have led a more interesting and hectic life than some, a break from the norm is a nice balance, and theres very few things that will take your mind off things like Big Brother lol, makes you realise things could be worse put it that way!

I'll put money on some people here having a lot sadder habbits than this no matter how dramatic they paint their lives on the forum
You guys are quite right though on most of your comments there i won't deny, anyway......back to the topic....i was in fact very suprised to hear this conversation about 9/11 cropping up on the show, usualy intelligent conversation is pretty limited but it seems a couple of guys came in and actually had the brain cells to keep up intelligent chat going for more than a few seconds.

I guess the conspiracy theorist in me woke up with a start when they were obviously cutting the conversation that was'nt "good viewing", it just annoys me so much. I even emailed Channel 4 and asked them about it, but all they said was that they use sound dips for legal purposes at times and could'nt comment any further.

Does my nut in sometimes!

I've another thing about "chemtrails on Big Brother" thats bugging me at the moment, i'm sure they are gently breaking the masses into chemtrails gently by showing these in thier editing, however i think one post about Big Brother is enough for one year on ATS so i'll save that one for a very rainy day!

CX.

[edit on 7/7/06 by CX]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Personally i loved the first BB, enjoyed the second, and all since sucked, except Jack Dee's escape on Celebrity BB.

I find it ridiculous that they censor anything in the show, the whole point is you can watch them 24/7 is you so wish. Censoring debate about 9/11 or anything else is purely ridiculous...

top topics

join