It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intervenes in sniper case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 08:19 PM
link   
GREENBELT, Md., Oct. 29 � Stepping into the dispute over where two sniper suspects will be tried, the federal government filed a criminal complaint Tuesday charging John Allen Muhammad in the deaths of seven people, accusations that could subject the former Army sergeant to the death penalty. Authorities also disclosed evidence found in the suspects� car after their arrest last week, including a glove matching one at the scene of one of the 13 shootings attributed to the suspects....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I hope they fry the little buddy, too. 17 years old is plenty old enough to know you don't gun down people like rabid dogs.
You know, I grow weary of hearing that the shooter was a "former army sergeant"; so am I, what does that prove? Nothing, apparently, as he and I seem to have gone in two totally seperate ways despite that one slim common thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"You know, I grow weary of hearing that the shooter was a "former army sergeant"; so am I, what does that prove? Nothing, apparently, as he and I seem to have gone in two totally separate ways despite that one slim common thread." Your totally right when you say you guys went in two different directions, I think they just say that because it explains his great accuracy that he had. He had experience and teachings of how to fire a gun. The last time I checked, US Army sergeants where supposed to serve their country, not kill their own people.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Federal intervention was odd and is somewhat suspicious: the key issue at present (given that we accept some or most of what's been in mass-readership media) is where the 17-year old will be indicted -age-threshold for capital punishment varying from state to state.
The "former sergeant" is a piece of nasty propaganda exactly balancing the way the prime suspect instantly became "Muhammad" (variously spellt) in the other half of scribble-dom.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas CrowneYou know, I grow weary of hearing that the shooter was a "former army sergeant"; so am I, what does that prove?

Well...How often do you hear of such things being done by "former Naval Petty Officers"? That's what I was...But I agree that they still try to make it sound like it was the military's fault that an idiot turns out like that.

But then again, what *is* the primary function of the various classes of military combat specialties?...Learn how to kill. It's just that when people like that get out of the service, they have no one around to give the order to kill someone, so they give the order to themselves.

Makes me glad that I was a technician...

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 03:29 AM
link   
"Federal agents also believe Muhammad bought the rifle that was used in the sniper attacks at a Tacoma gun shop, though the shop�s owner has not yet been able to produce records that would show who bought it."

so, noone willing to change their stance on U.S. gun laws? ...... nah, didn't think so ....

- qo.

top topics

join