It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here's the facts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
well, here's an idea for a 'facts' section anyway.

would it be a good idea for a section where known and verifiable facts can be laid out so they can be pointed to in whatever thread happens to have a member question a statements' validity?

eg

the us & uk sold chemical weapons to iraq - www.doublestandards.org...

the fbi helped the terrorists blow up the van outside the world trade center - en.wikipedia.org...

bin laden was tim osman.... a cia assett - en.wikipedia.org...:USGField_Report.jpg

obviously more time can be taken to provide better links than the above as i just put them there as examples.

it would make for some interesting reading anyway and also save a lot of google hunts.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am extremely happy to tell you, justyc, that we already have this!!!

TinWiki

All facts posted there are true and verified, and the place is only growing. Members are most welcome to post anything they want that is related to ATS.

I see you have a Wikipedia link there already. Well, TinWiki is just a specilized version of Wikipedia, meant for conspiracy and conspiracy related topics.
And if you say you can't find one of these pages in TinWiki, then start a new topic and add it in!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
well, whilst the tinwiki is a great idea and a very useful resource for 'general' info on many topics, not everything listed there is a PROVEN fact and that is what i wanted to differentiate.

for example, its kind of hard to prove that greys exist, whether the nephilim really were from niburu and did niburu exist, or that shadow people are more than photographic anomalies, whereas official patent documents for haarp show up something a bit more than long range radio communications research. however, there is nothing on the haarp page linking to anything official like the patent application.

perhaps the 'proven' stuff needs to be added into the tinwiki but i was really aiming at seperating what is fact from fiction because god knows it is needed here sometimes

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I think TinWiki is the best you are going to get. Bob up the road believes in greys, because he supposedly met some, so who's to say that they don't exist? If greys are not included as facts, then it would be going against what he and numerous other beleive is true.

In fact, who's right is it to say that something is true or not?

But I do see where you are coming from. It's just that so many people believe in things that so many other people do not believe in, it would be impossible to make everyone happy. It would be like listing which religions are the best. You are sure to annoy someone. Perhaps you would even annoy a whole nation of bomb-toting Middle Easterns? Now I don't think anyone wants to do that . . .

new topics

top topics

join