It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God inexperienced?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Could God really be naive? Think about it. If Christians say that God is omniscient, that must mean that he has never experienced things like uncertainly, curiosity, surprise, insecurity, confusion, disappointment, anticipation, things that we as humans know very well. He may have knowledge of these things but he can never truly KNOW them. Therefore, can he really be empathetic to the human condition? Even if God came to Earth as Jesus, he never experienced the one thing he requires of humans: faith. How can he ask of others that which he has never had to do himself?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is the ultimate paradox really...

God cannot be omniscient and perfect at the same time.

Being omniscient, he knew that he created a flawed being (man). By then punishing man for only being himself, as he was created, he is no longer perfect (nor could a perfect being create a flawed creation (by sheer definition)... Which of course, is why the idea of God is a fallacy to begin with...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Anyone else have any thoughts? I was hoping more spiritual people would have responded.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Not unless God evolved much the same way we are now and is now in charge of this section of the Universe he's created and is helping us to evolve much the same way he did, so then we would eventually understand we are gods and thus, move forwards in our spiritual evolution taking over our own sections of the Universe and creating a world much like Earth ... and then beginning all over again.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I made a really great post(well not the post itself but the replies) that is almost exactly what you are asking.
I think it was called Gods Emotions..anyway it was pretty deep so I'm not going to get into again *not to mention repeating myself over and over get's on my nerves* hehe! however, I'll look for it for you and place the link here if you would like to read some of the fascinating replies?
Mags

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yes Sapphire... and then we neither want to kill a race on such a planet on which God and we are going to make new liveforms... (Like the God of Christ killed the Egyptian Gods and the Egyptian army) and then God will destroy us just like Lucifer...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I made a really great post(well not the post itself but the replies) that is almost exactly what you are asking.
I think it was called Gods Emotions..anyway it was pretty deep so I'm not going to get into again *not to mention repeating myself over and over get's on my nerves* hehe! however, I'll look for it for you and place the link here if you would like to read some of the fascinating replies?
Mags

Yes of course. Please look for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here is the link *below* it really does relate to what you are asking/saying and feeling. Not many people I think, really think about looking through the eyes/mind of God, because it's considered taboo..or a deadly sin etc..But I was thrilled and grateful at some of the comments posted in that thread and if you have anything at all you would like to add, I would feel certainly honoured to revisit and reply there to your thoughts

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 11/11/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't really say that Jehovah is inexperienced; I would say he's more of an eternal child. Using Gazrok's statement as an example:

By then punishing man for only being himself, as he was created...

Does a child not do this? If a child's friend doesn't play the way he wants him to, does the child not say something like, "I don't want to play with you anymore", or "I don't want to be your friend anymore"? However small of an example this may be, on a more "godly" scale, this would be the equivalent of man's situation with Jehovah.

Now, personally, I have no doubts in my mind that Jehovah and Satan exist - but I don't worship either of them. I tend to go for more appealing, less childish deities. I happen to believe that Jehovah and Satan are both "children", and brothers in competition for mass worship. I don't believe Jehovah is an "all-mighty" anything. Nor do I believe Satan is. I believe they are each minor death and chaos gods. Because of their child-like behavior, I choose to acknowledge their existance, but not worship either.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't believe he exists for my very reason. God would never be so immature.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Could God really be naive? Think about it. If Christians say that God is omniscient, that must mean that he has never experienced things like uncertainly, curiosity, surprise, insecurity, confusion, disappointment, anticipation, things that we as humans know very well. He may have knowledge of these things but he can never truly KNOW them. Therefore, can he really be empathetic to the human condition? Even if God came to Earth as Jesus, he never experienced the one thing he requires of humans: faith. How can he ask of others that which he has never had to do himself?

But he has had faith in what he can not truly "know" himself, granted that is the case.

God has had faith in us.

God requests that same blind faith.

Shall we provide?

Free Will. Known to man, known to God.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It certainly is an interesting concept. You might want to check out Arthur C. Clarke's "3001: The Final Odyssey". The exact nature of the story eludes my memory, but I do remember the following quote from it:

Their little universe is very young, and its god is still a child. But it is too soon to judge them; when We return in the Last Days, We will consider what should be saved.

Might be interesting to see how other people have voiced this theory.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The idea of omniscience is that one is all knowing. I don't see your reasoning that being omniscient means not having experienced various emotions. It would be the opposite. But true omniscience does not exist and I will explain why.

Physics and metaphysics teaches us that the only constant is change. The idea of perfection is in itself impossible because you cannot have anything which is not in a state of motion and the very idea of perfection implies stagnation (no change).

Although perfection, by its very definition, cannot exist, what can and does exist are degrees of spiritual excellence.

Many scientists have determined (through mathematical calculation and radio astronomy) that the Universe is not endless, only extremely large.

If the Universe is not endless, then The Original Creator who initiated The Big Bang (which brought about the Universe) cannot be infinite in power or spiritual development, just very highly evolved. A related idea that one can derive from this is that all spiritual evolution is a matter of degree.

Omniscience implies infinity. Since we have logically deduced that The Original Creator was not and is not infinite (because the Universe is not infinite), then we can also deduce that He/She was not and is not omniscient.

So the idea that the being that started ALL THAT IS was or is omniscient is not an accurate appraisal.

Regarding faith...

One does not have to be in the flesh in order to experience it. It is an emotion and those on the Other Side experience faith in their own way. The same applies for the very highly evolved in the Spirit. Logic dictates that they would have faith in their abilities. They don't need to come into the flesh in order to know faith, as they already understand it completely.

The Original Creator does not need to come into flesh in order to know what faith is. He must of had faith in his abilities in order to have manifested The Big Bang billions of years ago -- which is understating it.

I don't believe he exists for my very reason. God would never be so immature.

The problem is not that The Original Creator is an underachiever or immature. The more likely prospect is that The First Coming of The Original Creator has yet to occur.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think our whole existance may be the result of wanting to explore such inexperience.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Maynard, it sounds more like you are inexperienced and trying to grasp that which is beyind your knowledge.

If you are wanting to play that game, riddle me this; Can God create a rock that He can't pick up?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This thread was on the verge of annihilation, and has been resurrected.

Perhaps this is proof that god rules over BTS now.

[edit on 3-10-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Screw the books but he is everything and nothing and infinite when you are everything and nothing whats the fun of that? When you can go as fast as you want or as slow as you want...I think he sees the world in our eyes and his point of all this was creation and creation with laws so you can be happy and sad and if you live for 100 years if your lucky it gives you more motivation to do anything. If your god and infinite one can get bored and lazy pretty quick. So I think the beauty is the creation and what do we do everyday? create it could be a product, a conversation or maybe just a thought but if God is everything including us...maybe every sould in man and woman actually adds up to God or a part of him hey makes sense. As far as faith goes I think a lot of man thought went into that "creation" I great idea really since back in the day life was considered shyt to a lot of people and if you wrote this massive story of god and hell maybe it help hold god's creation in line a little longer..Heck the more I read about history I am off my rocker with the killings that have taken place through the years...Anywho sorry for my run on but maybe I shed light on something...Yet this is another creation or belief of mine

Ever here of the run and return system? Not as fun as harps and clouds but it sure is a wise idea to have a bible if that is true!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Ever here of the run and return system? Not as fun as harps and clouds but it sure is a wise idea to have a bible if that is true!

However, it's foolish to take the Bible seriously if it isn't true.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God's insurance policy to keep humanity or mans which I guess can be the same depending on how you look at it. I need to read it again but with the run and return idea we would really need religion and faith or people might have a free for all if there is no real consequence in th end. I have a good quote:

Let us take as an example one of the best known and most loved of Jesus' parables, that of the prodigal son, found in Luke 15:11-32. Looking at this from a very literal perspective one might explain it as a warning about what happens to a reckless youth, one who demands everything he can get from his father, and squanders it all on drugs and 'women'. Then he ends up broke and feeding pigs (the ultimate humiliation for a Jew of that time), and finally comes crawling back to dad in a state of near starvation.

orig from this Esoteric article showing esoteric messages in the bible:
www.share-international.org...

Originally posted by spamandham

However, it's foolish to take the Bible seriously if it isn't true.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

God's insurance policy to keep humanity or mans which I guess can be the same depending on how you look at it. I need to read it again but with the run and return idea we would really need religion and faith or people might have a free for all if there is no real consequence in th end.

The most heinous activities have historically been justified as the will of deities, with the fears of soldiers assuaged by some promise of life after death. I am not in the least convinced that religion has a net positive effect. The fear of earthly consequences is enough to keep most people in line.

one who demands everything he can get from his father, and squanders it all on drugs and 'women'.

Yah, he spent 90% of his money on drugs, sex, and booze. The other 10% he wasted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join