It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On This Fourth Of July (Op/Ed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Grimreaper,

Welcome to the red pill. You've just entered adulthood some four years early. Now what you are talking about works, but need more awareness on your part. By that I mean research.

If you look into it, you are owned already, so very little can be done, aprt from being aware and ready with the basic needs to cope in the aftermath.

Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
As I write this, it is July 4 of 2006. Americans around the world are celebrating Independence Day. On this date in 1779, our founding Fathers announced to the world that America would be its own nation. We, as a people, asserted our will to be a free and self-determining nation of equals.

At the time we declared our independence, our future was uncertain. Enemies threatened us on every boarder. Nations that could've been friendly to us hesitated to help us in our hour of need. Our armies were fully committed, and it looked like our best leaders were making too many mistakes. On the streets, gossip said were doomed. World opinion was not with us.

As we take a moment to give thanks for the sacrificed of past generations, we should also pause to consider that today's hardships aren't that much different than those faced by the Americans of 1776. then, as now, we are called on to defend our freedoms with words and deeds. We are asked to do things that aren't popular, comfortable, or easy.

As we revel in our holiday fun, some of us will be sunburned because of too much fun. It's worth remembering that some of us will be sunburned in faraway places so that Americans at home can barbecue without fear. A few of us will swat mosquitos as we picnic. Others will suffer bugbites on faraway shores so that the rest of us can sleep easily tonight. Some of those sunburned and bug infested people will die while we sleep, and they'll do it gladly to protect the rest of us.

As we reach for another hot dog, somebody else in Iraq or Afghanistan is reaching for another weapon. They might be fighting on an empty stomach, with a burning thirst in their mouth. Let's try to remember that as we reach for another glass of iced tea. Today is Independence Day, and no mater what you may think about the political situation, the fact is that you are being free.

2006 and 1779 have one thing in common. All of us are relying on a small number of men and women to keep us safe. Like the Continental who fought under the command of George Washington, we're asking today's soldiers to be heros for a poor man's pay. We're asking them to suffer what we could not. We're asking them to do what we would not. The very least we can do is show some gratitude for what they have given us.

I'm not sure I can improve on what I said last year, other than to add some cautionary notes. We may very well look back on 2007 as the last of of the good years for a while. I hope to be proven wrong, but it's not looking food for 2008.

I actually LIKED seeing what I wrote last year. It's like a tiny virtual time capsule. In spite ofwhat we see coming, my hope is that all of us will keep on finding the good in our lives. As I write this, I am surrounded by the members of my inner circle, whom I trust and cherish. We are all some few few steps closer to making our own individual dreams come true. We plan for the worst, but we do sincerely hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In the second end of 2007 and 2008, we will face difficult challenges.

- Probably another big terrorist attack like 9/11 because now the establishment is losing their support for the first time since at least 30 years due to the popularity of Ron Paul, the low approval of both congress and the present administration, also the growing number of 9/11 truthers
- More laws banning precious points of the bill of rights
- Laws restricting internet
- More abuse of power by the executive
- More corruption
- Probably a bombing run of Iran due to the dismissal of General Pace in october
- The economy will slide into oblivion
- Another push for amnesty for illegals paving the way for the North American Union
- Growing tensions in the society between ethnics groups, mostly illegals immigrants and the others
- Possibly another puppet (Hillary, Obama, Guiliani, Thompson) will enter the white house putting to sleep millions of americans
- Ed Brown case that could be another Waco

On the bright side, as it gets worse, more people are gonna wake up and become active into defeating the tyranny. Also, we may have succesful political fights at the grassroot level so we can defeat state by state federal legislation, grassroot effort will be necessary nonetheless for internet restrictions, amnesty, others bills destroying the constitution.

We have our own destiny in our hands, and if we don't act now before it's too late, it will have disastrous consequences for the future and for your childrens.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Damn Grim, you're only 17?
You've always come off as a lot older and mature to me, and I mean that in a good way. Your parent/parents should be proud.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well another year has come and gone and in spite of our serious misgivings of last year, or the year before, etc. we are still here and we still function pretty much the same way we have. What did we lose over the last year? I'm sure someone will pointedly remind me that we did, in fact, lose something or things. We may be suffering the death of a thousand cuts and just don't realize it yet, but I can't think of any rights or freedoms I've lost recently. I still do what I want, when I want, how I want and pretty much where I want.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join