It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is the one and only religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Logically speaking, the word religion means a way of life according to a belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

The labels "god" and "satan" are used in religion more than science yes. Labels become confusing because they are meant to represent more than a man with a white long beard and a redskin with a pitchfork. We have come to respect the judgement of scientists on almost every issue becuase science works so well. It makes progress. It tells us in greater and greater detail how atoms behave or the universe has evolved. It gives us a privileged glimpse at the mathematical script that nature follows. And, most visibly to the ordinaryperson, it leasds to all kinds of technological marvels that have transformed our lives. In effect, science has usurped religion and scientists have become the new high priests. The problem is that when science takes on spiritual or moral issues, it is a disaster. Science is separated from religion only by men of religion. It must be separate they say. Einstien dedicated his work to god, and our origins. Men like Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein were well aware of a link to thier work and that of mystical traditions.

Also, the present Dalai Lama sees the possiblity for much bridge building between the two. He says " Death and Dying provide a meeting point between the Tibetan Buddhist and modern scientific traditions. I believe both have a great deal to contribute to eacho other on the level of understanding and of practical benefit"

Lets face it, Science would make a terrible "official" religion. By its very nature, it is chained to the material and the measurable. Far too much will always slip through its net. But of what the pace of progress is lately, science are encouraged to think a little more holistically.

Science has revised constantly the relation of man with it's universe with quantum physics. The label "god or satan" does not exist outside of religious text. But science will keep showing and proving untill infinite stops being infinite.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

But science will keep showing and proving untill infinite stops being infinite.

And so, at least we can count on it being around forever! And I can't foresee religion having the same longevity. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think I've been hearing moans and heaving sighs...yes I do! I'm afraid they are the death throes of superstition and delusion. AKA religion.

Not that I am selling the good parts of it short--such as 'faith, hope, and charity,' the greatest of which is, of course, charity. Those things belong to no particular race or group--except the human race.

Personally *disclaimer: the following content is the opinion of one soul and should not be considered transferrable* I think that if it weren't for religion's die-hard efforts to 'prove' God is, science would plainly show that God IS. But gosh, how can you blame the scientists for resisting the supersitious zealous faithful's invasion into their domain? I do think that there is somewhat of a bias, these days, in many scientists, toward considering that maybe their role is not to find the absolute root, but rather just discern, define, and understand all the branches. There is a point at which, on any sprig of focus, where there must be an ellipse (..) placed, with the understanding that at the end, there is only one source of all observable things. No need to try to make things fit together with absolute severity--both religion and science tend to make hasty decrees and announcements (but this is human nature's tendency, so it's somewhat expected) which later must be withdrawn and rephrased and this is not necessary.

But, the propensity toward needing absolutes is not necessary if the perennial debate over whether God 'is' or 'isn't' is taken out of the equation. And we can't prove He isn't any more than we can prove that He is. So why not (..)?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
if science was allowed to bring forth the 'Androids' for us common 3rd level folk such as they might have on the 2nd level and 4sure got [in my view] on the 1st level...we would understand the Creator/God better and the 'mess-ups' that have happened along the 'way'...as we 'program' our 'personal' helper/droids !

Lolove + ... is the way to go...Infinty

[science is just a way, if your organize it, the paid whores will just make it into a money making Religion] [we dont need money but thats for another Thread, maybe by those who 'know' the way to do this, might make the Thread]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
True enough--gj--I should add:

man should always be king--not computers, not technology, the 'creator' should rule the 'creations'--as above, so below.

And man must rule his creations governed by love just as God is LOVE.

Greed is a big part of what seems 'evil' in this world--putting things before people and wanting more than one needs.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a long time ago I realised that science was just another bs religion.

But now I'm starting to think it's the religion of the anitchrist. Though I'm not sure who the antichrist actually is...

...can't think of anyone...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's either everyone or no one.

But actually it is like this:

First everyone
Then no one

Anything that is 'against love' is 'anti' christ--anything divided is tending toward 'antichrist' tendencies.

Christ is not divided.

Religion is superstitious politics, IMO.

So, between faith vs science, it is the 'vs' that is the 'antichrist'. If that is taken out of the mix, then we have God's love for us, and our evidence of God, rolled up in one.

I've posted this on ATS before, forgive me, anyone for whom this is redundant:

Science is repeatedly observing God’s ultimate genius.
Faith is the literal feeling of God’s love (through the soul of Christ).
Art is the manifestation of God’s creative force/energy.

If there are two--there is division--and a house divided against itself cannot stand.. But if there are three, it is a triangle--and this is the strongest structure, taken 3d it is a pyramid.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We are slowly breaking away from our organic shackles. Perhaps we were destined as a race to create a successor. God is giving us the responsibility to create smarter versions of us through machines. Not just androids or anything like that, but supercomputers who are self aware and perhaps less harmful to the planet hearth.

It's inevidable. It's almost time for the next layer of intelligence to inherit this planet. We are merging with technology to the point where we can't continue to exist as a society without them. People just need to build these machines , and keep them activated, whether it's job is to provide a database, or used to intercept all sorts of frequencies for spy purposes. They can sniff city dumps in an effort to detect harmful agents. They act like the human nose. The biggest threat is pilot-less aircraft and supercomputers such as Echelon which can be used to intercept any frequency known to man. It is the NSA's #1 tool . It is used in Information warfare, which is what this world war will be all about. Corrupted information might set off weapons 50x more powerful those 2 A-bombs we tested on Japan. Nanotechnology, is basically manipulating the atoms to form anything. Cloning everything from plastic to potatoes. Nanotech. is also going to make clothes with healing ability possible. If a shirt tears, nanobots (artificial atoms) automatically reconfigure and "sew" itselfs back up. Same thing with invisible military suits similair to the Predator in the sci fi films. and manipulated atoms to make anyproduct thinkable, from medicine to clothing , is basically a digital existence, compared to our analog existence. Those are two microcosms to think about.

Nanotechnology is the result of this next step in Evolution. Microscopic artificial living nanorobots is like our organic blood, used in medicine to fight off bacteria and virus. Computers can tap into frequencies that the nanobots give off in your blood, and therefore we merge with them to become somthing more resourceful and also very dangerous. The smarter we become, the more dangerous yes, but is it destiny? Science heals, and science kills. It depends on the souls who control the science. Will God or Satan prevail here. I still think God will prevail even if it means nuclear holocaust.

But is Queenannie right when she says she thinks Man should rule over computers and technology? Who are we do decide this? What if intelligence evolves into what we created, like God did with us? We are his directors. is the deadline of our existence near? we are at a time when we are simply handing the baton to what we created. Intelligence is breaking free from it's organic shackles. We basically are becoming unnessasary. Mail delivery will soon change, and many jobs are being lost due to machines. Look at the patterns, in 1000 years from now, Im not sure humans will be on top of the food chain anymore. Our time is ticking. We are becoming obsolete. If God is the Atom, then the bible is right when it says God's wrath will rain down on us in Revealation.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

by StreetCorner Philosopher
Not just androids or anything like that, but supercomputers who are self aware and perhaps less harmful to the planet hearth.

yes but sort of think that each person could have their own 'Android' [helper] that could download into a 'droid' machine that could look like a 'human' machine...also could download into a 'chip' that we could of our own will have put in us and totally under under control as to what it can or cant do in its interface with us [not like or to be confused with the 'chip' that the insane controlers of government/religion/etc have in mind to do to us ]

Rap-on 'home-boy' from that other 'dimension' aka Brooklyn ! what a place !

[ bring the Dodgers back n put em at Flatbush n Atlantic ] LOL

[edit on 5-7-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
various people and what they had to say.

Science tells Me God must exist,
My mind tells me I will never understand God,
And My heart tells Me I am not meant to.
Vittoria Vetra Angles and Demons

As a dog shakes itself to get rid of fleas,
the earth will generate earthquakes,
volcanoes and climactic changes to rid
itself of surplus and troublesome humans.
-Sun Bear, Chippewa Medicine Man
(bolding mine)

Fear prophets and those prepared to die for the truth,
for as a rule they make many others die with them,
often before them,
at times instead of them.
Author: Umberto Eco

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.
Author: George Bernard Shaw

Fur and Feather and scale and skin;
Different without but the same within;
Great of body but of one soul;
Through all creatures are the Gods made whole.
unknown (at least by me)

Heaven is achieved through deed, not creed. -- Emanuel Swedenborg

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Who will guard the guards
Satires of juvenal

If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be--a christian.
Author: Mark Twain

[edit on 5-7-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
Fur and Feather and scale and skin;
Different without but the same within;
Great of body but of one soul;
Through all creatures are the Gods made whole.
unknown (at least by me)

Heaven is achieved through deed, not creed. -- Emanuel Swedenborg

If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be--a christian.
Author: Mark Twain

Yeah, baby!

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the Movie 'the day the earth stood still' ?..........with the robot that could wack u out etc...too much to explain, see the movie...[clue, Alien came with a killer Bot]

Problem is 'Who' controls the Robot ???...Just like any control system

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgejohn

by StreetCorner Philosopher
Not just androids or anything like that, but supercomputers who are self aware and perhaps less harmful to the planet hearth.

yes but sort of think that each person could have their own 'Android' [helper] that could download into a 'droid' machine that could look like a 'human' machine...also could download into a 'chip' that we could of our own will have put in us and totally under under control as to what it can or cant do in its interface with us [not like or to be confused with the 'chip' that the insane controlers of government/religion/etc have in mind to do to us ]

Rap-on 'home-boy' from that other 'dimension' aka Brooklyn ! what a place !

[ bring the Dodgers back n put em at Flatbush n Atlantic ] LOL

[edit on 5-7-2006 by georgejohn]

Lol...good one..the other dimension...how could I disagree? definatly another dimension here...and I travel alot.

But I think what I got out of your post is memory transfer. Conscience transferring onto microchips. Is this what you are implying? . Because if anything...the real robots that will affect the future are nanobots. Not androids as our slaves etc..

[edit on 7/5/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

byStreet Corner Philosopher
But I think what I got out of your post is memory transfer. Conscience transferring onto microchips. Is this what you are implying? . Because if anything...the real robots that will affect the future are nanobots. Not androids as our slaves etc..

Don't want the 'Androids' as our 'slaves' but as a New Species that we help grow...

Quote:[Is this what you are implying? ]
It's into Infinity where we can go with our 'interface'...[transfer]

Love hearing you more on 'Nanobots' [which also could be a new 'Species' too]

LOL n Mazel...home boy

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I just believe it is mankind's duty to allow intelligence to evolve. We are doing it now with computers. We almost are slaves to technology now. But imagine how it will be in 100 years. That is a small amount of time people.

We are god's directors. God created man. The mathematical script that rules the cosmos somehow orchestrated us for a purpose as we all know. I think the main purpose of life is to survive. We are flawed beings. We cannot survive forever. Now with that information, I can say that our duty is solely to allow intelligence to switch to a higher state of being. If we can build machines just like us, but synthetic organic life forms. Then we are god in the flesh...his directors. Making sure life goes on....Our creations will be superior to us...and therefore the dominion of Earth. We are soon becoming obsolete.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Science can compete with religion. But nothing can compete with Spirituality.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Spirituality? not even money. The connection with god a great thing that no high or happy ending can top.

new topics

top topics

join