It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Administration truth stretching: Senator Feinstein "I wasn't briefed"!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When the NY Times published an article detailing a program used to track international money transfers the White House strongly condemned the Times as abetting the enemy and as disgraceful. Strongly stating that they had briefed the congress and that they were within their rights. Well Senator Diane Feinstein has a different story.

thinkprogress.org
STEPHANOPOULOS: The White House said they briefed the Congress on this matter and there is no law called into question. Do you believe that a law is called into question and that this program might have been illegal?

FEINSTEIN: Well, I’m on the Intelligence Committee. I can tell you when I was briefed and when the committee was briefed — and that was when it became apparent that the New York Times had the story and was going to run it. And that’s when and why they came to us and briefed us.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you knew nothing about it before the New York Times was asking questions?

FEINSTEIN: That’s correct.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

First and foremost their is a video link to what she said at the bottom of the page.

What really is shocking about this whole situation is that its not shocking. The administration told us the briefed congress...when in actuality they didn't brief congress until they(The congress) was aware of the fact that the times was going to publish an article on it.

So not only was the congress NOT briefed on the Original NSA spying program they weren't briefed on this most recent one as well....and the administration told the American People that they had.

WOW!!!...So now we really cant trust a word they say...we briefed your representatives....translates to we told them right before they would have found out anyways....The whole its better to not ask and get in trouble instead of ask and hear no policy seems to be how this Administration works. With the Supreme court scaling back War powers and more and more indictments being handed down to Senior Conservative officials it makes you wonder how much longer before people start seriously looking at impeachment.

Read the article watch the Video...this is good stuff

Related News Links:
www.crooksandliars.com

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 3/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised? It's so sad that this doesn't even shock us.

He and this whole administration are liars. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Republican congressmen said on CSPAN that congress was briefed that the administration would use any means necessary under presidential War powers to track terrorist funding after 9/11, but they were not specific on what procedures they would use.

I believe Senator Feinstein, but the administration will argue that congress was already briefed.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
He Said/She Said

While Ms. Feinstein's claims may well be true, I have seen enough of her duplicity to consider it prudent to get some sort of corroboration on this before convicting the president on her testimony alone.

If you were to infer that I don't trust Senator Feinstein any farther than I could throw her, you would be correct, because she's a damn liar.

As a former resident of California, I'm very much familiar with the games she plays, and am all too used to seeing her forked tongue in action.

However, I don't consider that reason to reject her claims out of hand, just cause to look for corroboration from someone more trustworthy -- which would be just about anyone on the planet, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We knew years ago that the government was going to monitor suspected terrorist funding.

They just weren't very specific as to how.

top topics

join