It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush told Cheney to release classified information!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It has now been reported that President Bush informed Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald that He directed Vice President Cheney to leak classified information in order to discredit Valrie Plame's husband Joseph Wilson and to defend his administration. Mr. Bush supposedly was unaware of Cheney's directive to then top aide I scooter libby to leak to the press core before going through the legal declassification process. And The truth comes out.

news.nationaljournal.com
President Bush told the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case that he directed Vice President Dick Cheney to personally lead an effort to counter allegations made by former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV that his administration had misrepresented intelligence information to make the case to go to war with Iraq, according to people familiar with the president's statement.

Bush also told federal prosecutors during his June 24, 2004, interview in the Oval Office that he had directed Cheney, as part of that broader effort, to disclose highly classified intelligence information that would not only defend his administration but also discredit Wilson, the sources said.

But Bush told investigators that he was unaware that Cheney had directed I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the vice president's chief of staff, to covertly leak the classified information to the media instead of releasing it to the public after undergoing the formal governmental declassification processes.

Bush also said during his interview with prosecutors that he had never directed anyone to disclose the identity of then-covert CIA officer Valerie Plame, Wilson's wife. Bush said he had no information that Cheney had disclosed Plame's identity or directed anyone else to do so.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All i can say is laugh out loud. The president told us he wanted to get to the bottom of the leak...and if anyone leaked they would be dealt with. Little did we know that he was the one who authorized the leaking. Well some of us knew but no one KNEW.

But...the president didn't know that Cheney told Scooter to do anything....and wasn't aware of anyone directing Cheney or Cheney directing anyone to leak Valeries name....we are supposed to believe that it just happened....that some aide took it upon her/himself to just leak the name....Yeah right....this is better than the Daily SHow...its hilarious.

Not only that...but the prosecutors have known now for TWO years....and we are just finding out now. Go figure. This is a great article...read it and enjoy. Our president is a Liar, a Cheat, and a grade A Hypocrite.....and yet he was elected twice....somethings never cease to amaze me.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is a repeat of the same story story in another thread in this same forum...and btw, as it was said on the other thread done a while back, the leak was "of classified information pertaining to Iraq".... not any leak of the name of the CIA operative....

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is the link to the repeated story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Different story... also this article is dated July 3rd 07....I think its a different topic...but i can see where you are coming from.

"Bush told prosecutors he directed Cheney to disclose classified information that would not only defend his administration but also discredit Wilson. "

If hes going to discredit Wilson its going to have to be information of a non-Iraqi nature...how else would they discredit him seeing as WE KNOW now that there were never WMD in iraq....

Also in other article at that time all Bush was saying was that he authorized release of classified intel...now information is coming out that says it was more than just counterarguments made by Wilson it was also to discredit him somethign the other article imho didnt touch on.
THe statements made in this article while similar to those in the post you linked too are of in my opinoin of a different nature. This has more to do with what Bush did and not what cheney did...but we will let the mods decide.

new topics

top topics

join