It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the ADMIN

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
Why a poll? Duh.

Uhm ... consider the possibility that it was simply to gauge the opinions of those who view and/or frequent these boards, members and non-members alike ?

A public poll for whomever should happen upon it. ?

How better could a Conspiracy site attempt to discern the opinions, thoughts and ideals from those who hold such?

It would seem that many may feel the results are "biased" or "tainted", coming from a Conspiracy site and all. ?

Oh my,

I view the overall intent and/or purpose of conducting the poll as a means to Gauge the thoughts and opinions of the 2 Million+ people who frequent this Conspiracy site, on a monthly basis. ?

Of course it wasn't intended to reflect the Entirety of Global opinion.
Who or What can?

What I do see is an effort to surmise the insight and opinions of those who have an interest in the relevant topics, and make the effort to assert their opinions regarding such.

It's just a poll and ATS is just a discussion board. I don't recall it having been purported as anything more ?

$ .02

[edit on 7/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I agree with 12m8kall2c.

It's just a poll.

Feel free to take it, or not.

I like the polls actually.

As long as they are not tabulated in Florida.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

How better could a Conspiracy site attempt to discern the opinions, thoughts and ideals from those who hold such?

Um, I don't know. Maybe they should read some of the threads? Crazy me. I mean it is a forum and all unless...

It would seem that many may feel the results are "biased" or "tainted", coming from a Conspiracy site and all. ?

I don't think they are purposely. Polls are inherently biased. That's my opinion. Accept it , leave it or ban me.

I view the overall intent and/or purpose of conducting the poll as a means to Gauge the thoughts and opinions of the 2 Million+ people who frequent this Conspiracy site, on a monthly basis. ?

God forbid we actually read the posts. Am I the only one who sees the redundancy of this poll but with a desired effect, not neccesarily intended?

Of course it wasn't intended to reflect the Entirety of Global opinion.
Who or What can?

Nothing other than reading the posts.

What I do see is an effort to surmise the insight and opinions of those who have an interest in the relevant topics, and make the effort to assert their opinions regarding such.

Wow, I thought that was the reason for this forum. Stupid me.

It's just a poll and ATS is just a discussion board. I don't recall it having been purported as anything more ?

Now we know what ATS means to you. Ok, but polls do not give an accurate reflection of the populace or posters. That's all I was saying. Want to ask me my beliefs? Don't narrow it down to a questionaire. That's insulting. Other members are apparently more than willing to take part. Good for them. Baaaa! I was just stating, again my opposition to a poll.

Some folks felt it was enough to whine about. I'm just a big old whiner.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Notbuynit, i'm against polls in general, but no one has suggested that this poll take away the discussion about the topic itself, on the contrary there is a new influx of debate and discussion surround this very topic opened because of this poll.
This wasn't a simple 'when we get the results we can put the issue to rest'.

I've never trusted polls that i'm not able to review all the answers because i'm not so trusting as to believe nothing has been doctored, lets be honest in most cases a poll is to try and sell you something, be it an item or idea.

Your attitude to this one however, is rather odd as this one isn't about what is fact or the end of debate, its just a general tally of how many people believe, disbelieve or are not sure of events around something that happened 5 years ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Now we know what ATS means to you.

If that is what you gather ATS "means" to me, so be it. ? Unfortunately, you couldn't be further from the actuality of such.

Ok, but polls do not give an accurate reflection of the populace or posters.

Sure they do. An "accurate reflection of the populace or posters" who chose to partipate in and/or contribute to such. ?

Want to ask me my beliefs?

Certainly. Care to share your response(s)?

Don't narrow it down to a questionaire. That's insulting.

Why !? A few "questions" void of Required participation. ?

Other members are apparently more than willing to take part. Good for them. Baaaa! I was just stating, again my opposition to a poll.

No problem, there.

All members are entitled to their opinions, as they are Also entitled to any chosen level or extent of participation. ? Yours included.

In the end, if you chose not to "participate", so be it. ? Why dis the Community based on Individual perceptions. ?

???

[edit on 7/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Polls 'N' Trolls*

There's two things I'm really liking about this thread:

1. Polls. I'm very skeptical of polls and think most of them are rigged. Therefore it is only fitting and ironic that PTS is soon going to be overrun with polls about pretty much every issue. I plan to poll members constantly. So if you don't like polls, you'll hate the poll section of PTS.

2. Passionate debate. There are some noble tones in this thread, and indeed, I almost feel I need to cue up some spirited music when I read threads like these. I want threads filled with fiery passion on PTS. So naturally I'm drawn to BQ&B like a moth to flame.

Yes, I'm softly hijacking the topic a bit, but there are a couple of (what I consider) relevant points I want to make:

The first point is that skepticism is always on topic in any ATS domain.

The second point is that as ATS/PTS/BTS grows, we will continue to offer more and more options to our members.

Polls are one of them. I'm the PTS Guy. I want polls. Thus verily shall there be polls.

But if you don't like them, it's no cause for alarm. Ignore them.

No problem.

*Just in case, please be assured I'm not suggesting anyone here is a troll -- other than myself, of course. "Polls 'N' Trolls" just sort of rolls off the mental tongue. Don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Polls 'N' Trolls*
*Just in case, please be assured I'm not suggesting anyone here is a troll -- other than myself, of course. "Polls 'N' Trolls" just sort of rolls off the mental tongue. Don't you agree?

and Pols n' Goals

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

A questioniare with answers predetermined. I'm onboard.

Holding an open-ended poll would be quite a hassle when tabulating results don't you think?

Multiple people who feel the same could word their response in different ways, thus making calculating results a human-ended task.

As for the possible answers, they are pretty damn fair in my neutral eyes. Basically three choices: Yes, No, Maybe....

It's not as if we were trying to coerce the results to one end: Yes, Possibly, Probably....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join