It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the ADMIN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i just took the poll, and I wouldent e so ertain that we are going to get one "answer" from the tinfoils. obviously by the way you worded your post I know were you stand, do you think that you are the only one with this view? anyway, good idea, i would like to see the split.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IMHO many members have come here with preconcieved ideas of the " tru7h "

True of many members, certainly, however the above is unclear as to which side of the spectrum you are referring to.

I am maligning both sides -- i am an equal oportunity poo flinger

to mention no names -- there are extremist zealots everwhere , not just to pick on the 9/11 topic .

Dae

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Actually I think thats one heck of an idea. Conduct your own poll for a mere 5000 points. That way you know it would be absolutely serious, It would give members another option for spending points and if such an amount of points were spent, anyone that abused the poll in anyway would be dealt with in a very serious manner.wupy

I love the idea of user led polls! But 5000 points is a tad steep I think, especially now tagging points are gone. Perhaps a few conditions should be met, like the chat room. 200 posts and 60 days plus maybe 750-1000 points per poll. It would be great to have it like the submissions, pending and voted on. If the poll is rejected you get 200 of your points back, or something.

I would love to see the stats for various things, for instance polls about sleep paralysis, how many people have experienced it and bunches of other questions relating to it.

I hope ATS has polls again, there are more people now then ever before, and it gives lurkers a chance to participate without having to post - it may even encourage them to be posters too!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
WCIP :

Now the members of ATS in general could be said to be biased towards conspiracies to some extent, so the results of this poll will certainly be skewed and could in no way be taken as a measure of general public opinion.

that fact ALONE irredemably pollutes any poll of ATS members on a consiracy topic .

No - I don't agree. We might have an expectation of what the result will be based on the perceived profile of the ATS community, but the reality of a poll can give us food for thought. A result of 50/50 for conspiracy/no conspiracy might be expected for the general population, but here would be a surprise, as personally I would expect an 80/20 split on this one. But in truth I have no idea so I too am very interested in the results.

The results of a poll like this would be fascinating. I think that if it shows a 'reasonably even split' between conspiracists and debunkers it lends huge credibility to the site as a genuine discussion forum.

Don't forget we will also need a statistically significant number of people taking part in the poll.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hey Springer, can I get some points for taking the poll? Sure do need some points.....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
that fact ALONE irredemably pollutes any poll of ATS members on a consiracy topic .

So far, in slightly less than 24 hours, 365 people have taken the survey. After reviewing preliminary results, I can safely say that we're all in for some interesting surprises.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
maybe an all users U2U would be the best way to ensure alot of ATS'ers will take the survey?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
So how long is this poll running for? When do we get the results?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjman
So how long is this poll running for? When do we get the results?

We have 1280 responses which is excellent for the few days the survey has been running.

I think that's sufficient for a preliminary analysis of the responses, but I'd like to keep the survey running longer.

Later today I'll post the findings, but here's an early tidbit:

1) Do you believe there are one or more conspiracies related to the events of 9/11/2001?
Yes -- 960 (75.00%)
Not certain -- 154 (12.03%)
No -- 148 (11.56%)

While it's no surprise that a major portion of ATS visitors feel there is a conspiracy of some type related to 9/11, a surprising 23.6% indicated either no or not certain. I expected both numbers to be lowed in our survey.

(Some categories do not add up to 100% because it was possible to leave some questions unanswered)

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Im still getting over the fact that I got rewarded for offering a suggestion which interested me.

I think the results you have posted still reflect that the overall majority 3/4 so far believe that the official 9/11 story is a false one. Which is reflective of the posts on the subject on ATS that I have read

As expected I would say, this is a conspiracy site after all I guess but I would say that if this poll was taken anywhere the results would be similiar.
Thank you for creating this poll it may serve a more important purpose sometime in the future.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That would be 87% if 12% of the people who took that poll knew how to form an opinion.
75% sounds alright to me though. Thanks for restoring my faith (at least somewhat) in humanity.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Egerly waiting the results, sorta like election time heh heh,

If there already is a spot can't find it but

I like the idea of this poll maybe there should be more
in a poll topic button up top next to chat or something
on all subjects?, would be nice
Take 10-20 main questions and answers type of thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

That would be 87% if 12% of the people who took that poll knew how to form an opinion.

As a member of the 12%, I based my answer on the fact that I honestly don't know.

I am perfectly capable of forming an opinion and have done so on many occasions. On this particular subject, I don't feel I have enough information to make a decision one way or another. I doubt I ever will.

I too eagerly await the outcome of the poll.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I am perfectly capable of forming an opinion and have done so on many occasions. On this particular subject, I don't feel I have enough information to make a decision one way or another. I doubt I ever will.

Great, I'll remember to never vote for you as nothing would ever get done. When the big stuff goes down and we need to make decisions fast, anyways. What would you have done immediately following 9/11? Do you believe our course of action was correct? These are all questions that still need answers, whether you feel comfortable answering them or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I make decisions without as many facts as I would like all the time. Life doesn't often give you the option of I'm not certain. In this case, I was given that choice and I answered it honestly. I don't have the technical knowledge to understand half of what is posted on the subject.

A big giant mess, yes. A conspiracy, I don't know. I remain undecided and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

It's a poll, not real life.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Im not sure if you have tried this before but I was just wondering if you have ever considered holding a poll of members to see just how what people using the site feel about 9/11.And what percentage are

A questioniare with answers predetermined. I'm onboard.

I hate when I go to Baskin Robbins 31 flavors and I can't decide, maybe theyll narrow it down to just three flavors for me, like a poll. I'd be so happy.

Maybe they could take a poll of what news channel I should watch? Pollls are so accurate.

Maybe even one on my religion and ghosts and even UFUs!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
A questioniare with answers predetermined. I'm onboard.

I hate when I go to Baskin Robbins 31 flavors and I can't decide, maybe theyll narrow it down to just three flavors for me, like a poll. I'd be so happy.

Maybe they could take a poll of what news channel I should watch? Pollls are so accurate.

Maybe even one on my religion and ghosts and even UFUs!

I suppose you would prefer we left it an open ended question with essays for answers?

We already HAVE that it's www.AboveTopSecret.com Some people would complain about free money.

Springer...

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
HAHAHA, I know right? Man, I don't think I could ever run a site like this. I'd ban all the whiners, but to be fair to them, I'd ban myself for whining about how many whiners there are. A vicious cycle, like eating because you're sad that you're fat.

I'm glad you can be so patient, because I know I can't. You seem like you can tolerate ignorance better than you can deny it only because the ignorance is so overwhelming.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by iamjman]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Man, I don't think I could ever run a site like this. I'd ban all the whiners, but to be fair to them, I'd ban myself for whining about how many whiners there are.
[edit on 7-7-2006 by iamjman]

Probably what we should do. (ban ourselves)

Oh well, we whine, they whine. We all have some great wine... And so it goes ad infinitum...

No biggy I was just trying to understand what the HELL that poster was trying to say.
I mean HOW ELSE would we do it... you know?

S...

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I suppose you would prefer we left it an open ended question with essays for answers?

It would be more accurate than a poll. Why have essay answers on tests? The average opinion couldn't possibly be deciphered in a poll. We're not all drones. I can make a poll that shows you completely agree with me and vice versa.

We already HAVE that it's www.AboveTopSecret.com Some people would complain about free money.

I wouldn't neccesarily complain but I would question free money. Why? People don't give out money. If you do, U2U me if you are giving out money but I bet you aren't, but like you said, we already have ATS. Why a poll? Duh.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join