It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the ADMIN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Im a relatively new member. Im not a resident of the US but I was like so many others affected by the events which took place on 9/11.
I have found this website to be deeply thought provoking and eye opening.
Yet I still find myself caught in two minds as to the real perpetrators of this terrible atrocity. Personally the more I read and the more I view certain video clips the more I am swayed towards the conspiracy that we have been lied to on an extraordinary scale.However for every pro conspiracy post there is an equally heavy counter argument. I would refer to the whole ''Pentagon - Did a plane hit or not?'' debacle as case in point.
Im not sure if you have tried this before but I was just wondering if you have ever considered holding a poll of members to see just how what people using the site feel about 9/11.And what percentage are on either side:
My idea would be:
Post a poll in this section where only members may vote and one vote per member (obviously).
Something simple like : Do you believe that 9/11 was carried out by Al-Qaeda?
(Tick Box etc.)
Yes
No
Undecided
I would be greatly interested to see what the results of this poll would be.

Just an idea.
Thanks for your time.
pmexplorer.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by pmexplorer]

[edit on 3-7-2006 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
pmexplorer:

This is a very good idea, I too, would be very interested in the outcome of this poll andI think several "Mainstream News People" I am in contact would as well.

I am awarding you 10,000 ATS points for such an obvious yet perfect suggestion. This poll will be up tonight.

Thanks!

Springer...

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Springer,

Thanks for your reply. I am extremely chuffed (flattered) by your reply.
Feels great to be able to contribute to ATS.
Looking forward to seeing the poll online.
All the best.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Or how about do you believe the American Government did it. and used Muslims as Patsy's.
But anyway sure set it up,wecominpeace's thread below may give you an idea if you have not seen it yet.
puts tinfoil hat on and make a prediction, the out come will be no

Poll: The Truth of 9-11 by Wecomeinpeace

edit to add is this a trick question, cause I say the government did it.
and Al-Qaeda was set up by the CIA (the base) so?

[edit on 3/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, I think the question you suggest is not the best.

I think it's a good idea to have a poll, but asking if AQ 'did it' doesn't really get to the heart of the debate. Many of those who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy ackowledge AQ's place in it, but believe domestic agents may have helped or stepped aside, in order to advance certain political agendas.

Personally, I'm undecided as to who did it. I'm still trying to figure out how it was done, and it's been YEARS since I left the city that I love, covered in dust - no answers yet, going on five years now...

Who did it can only really be investigated once the circumstances of the event are well understood. Police rarely start working on suspects until they've collected evidence - to do it any other way seems completely backwards.

The government should be ashamed of the investigation, that's for sure. It was the Warren Commission all over again, a total disgrace as far as I can tell.

Anyway, love the idea of the poll, but I think the wording should be something more like this:
"Do you believe AQ acted alone in perpetrating the crimes of 9/11?" Maybe that would work...

I dunno, maybe rehash the question from that famous CNN poll from NY. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something like "Do you believe there is a coverup surrounding the events of 9/11?"

[edit on 3-7-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Well, I think the question you suggest is not the best.

Anyway, love the idea of the poll, but I think the wording should be something more like this:
"Do you believe AQ acted alone in perpetrating the crimes of 9/11?" Maybe that would work...

Agreed. The Poll is a great idea, but the initial question suggested should be modified to be more fitting to the situation, I think.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

How about, "do we think AQ acted at all?"

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hey guys,
thanks for the replies.
My post was simply an idea for the moderators to act on, I was going to put instead :
Do you believe the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks?

OR

Do you agree / disagree with the 9/11 Conspiracy Theory?

I was aware I could be mis-phrasing the question.

I think it should just be something simple that could give an indication of the overall membership's beliefs.
As I stated already from my brief perusal through the site and over 9/11 topics, there seems to be a real split down the middle as regards the events of 9/11 and while I fully realise a poll which shows a bias on one side whether for or against the conspiracy will not define anything, it may give us an interpretation of the overall feelings of ATS members however.
Its simply curiousity to be honest. I have left it in the capable hands of the moderators.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I would even go with multiple choices. Choose the scenario that you believe happened.

The terrorists acted alone

The terrorists did it and the government knew ahead of time and did nothing.

The government did it and blamed it on the terrorists to justify a war they wanted.

I’m sure a few other scenarios could be added as possible causes.

wupy

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I remember when this site had user created polls. Though it was a great idea, i think it was discontinued because it was being abused if i remeber correctly.

But how about if we return the ability for members to create polls, but charge them some points to create one? That could cut down on potential abuse.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

But how about if we return the ability for members to create polls, but charge them some points to create one? That could cut down on potential abuse.

Actually I think thats one heck of an idea. Conduct your own poll for a mere 5000 points. That way you know it would be absolutely serious, It would give members another option for spending points and if such an amount of points were spent, anyone that abused the poll in anyway would be dealt with in a very serious manner.

wupy

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
See, i've never been a fan of polls in situations like this.
All they tell you is how many people think one thing specifically over another.
Its very rare that a poll can give all the variations a fair go, they don't take into account moods.
Also, they don't tell anyone which choice is the correct on, only which one is prefered.
I do believe in certain circumstances a poll is ok, and to tally the number of people who believe whatever in this particular conspiracy its ok as long as its clear that by no means the result gives added credence to the theory, just that more people believe it.
Remember, a few centuries ago, had you taken a poll about The Earths place in the universe, most people would have said we were at the center of it, yet a few would have disagreed. The poll would have given one answer that we know now to be wrong.
Alls i'm saying is, polls have a place, but should also be taken with a pinch of salt.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Heeeey, I submitted the poll idea a week or so ago in the 'Ideas/Complain' box. Where're my points??!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The survey is now up and running...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's open to members and guests alike.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm happy to say that I just completed the poll. I think this is a great idea! Just a good tally to see how many stand where, because I personally take in new information, but don't like to get into the debates as much as observe. I answered the poll as honestly as I could, and there were times that I hit the "not sure" button because I haven't made up my mind. I thought the poll was well constructed, and very fitting in terms of this site. Thanks for putting up the idea, and thanks to those that constructed the poll oh so fast!

I also like the idea of buying polls, because it could also help with people's research projects on the site. 5000pts seems very fair to me, and it could do a lot of good for some of us!

All in all, great job!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I completed the poll too. I am very anxious to see the results.

regardless of what they are, they will give invaluable insight into just how much the various pro/con 9/11 conspiracy threads on here have influenced people, and give us a better look into how our members view it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
See, i've never been a fan of polls in situations like this.
The poll would have given one answer that we know now to be wrong.
Alls i'm saying is, polls have a place, but should also be taken with a pinch of salt.

You're approaching this on the premise that a poll is to be used as evidence. It is not. A poll is designed to be a gauge of opinion, nothing more, nothing less. However when the results of a poll show that the majority hold a different opinion to what the establishment is telling them, then it shows that the established line deserves some serious scrutiny. If a poll showed that 90% of the people suspected the Earth was round, yet the Catholic church maintained that it is flat, then maybe it's time to call the church out and set things straight once and for all.

Now the members of ATS in general could be said to be biased towards conspiracies to some extent, so the results of this poll will certainly be skewed and could in no way be taken as a measure of general public opinion. However, the members of ATS are definitely more educated concerning all the unpublished details of 9-11 than the average couch potato, and with that in mind, such a poll holds measurable merit.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the dangers of polls , AKA what people want to believe is has no bearing on reality .

ok , an extreeme example :

poll question - are you of below average intelligence ?

assuming to avoid skewing you would limit your " sample population " to the ATS membership

do you really think respondants to such a poll would return any think resembling an accurate portrayal ???

i realise that my example is slightly silly and open to vanity voting .

but still - it IMHO would demonstrate the point

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
WCIP :

Now the members of ATS in general could be said to be biased towards conspiracies to some extent, so the results of this poll will certainly be skewed and could in no way be taken as a measure of general public opinion.

that fact ALONE irredemably pollutes any poll of ATS members on a consiracy topic .

without slandering the membership . asking a conspiracy site , populated by tinfoil hat wearing paranoids if the Govt is engaged in Malfeasance is IMHO only going to get ONE answer -- a predictable answer

its akin to asking the inmates of a federal pennitentiary " have you ever done bad things " , there will always be a few " in denial " and genuine " innocents condemmed " but the honest answers should be quite predictable .

However, the members of ATS are definitely more educated concerning all the unpublished details of 9-11 than the average couch potato, and with that in mind, such a poll holds measurable merit.

hogwash , every time i look the 9/11 board i see people who have unwavering conviction that thier take on events is the correct one , to the exclusion of all others -- rather than educated -- IMHO many members have come here with preconcieved ideas of the " tru7h " and are just gathering like minded opinion to rally to thier banner , gathering amminution to defeat thier opponents arguments and such like .

[edit on 4-7-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
every time i look the 9/11 board i see people who have unwavering conviction that thier take on events is the correct one , to the exclusion of all others -- rather than educated -- IMHO many members have come here with preconcieved ideas of the " tru7h "

True of many members, certainly, however the above is unclear as to which side of the spectrum you are referring to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join