It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellstone's campaign rally!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Unbelievable. The vice president was told he is not welcome at the Wellstone funeral. New lows and unacceptable faux-pas by non-other than the democrats, who are turning a funeral into a campaign rally!

Read it and puke:
www.newsmax.com.../10/29/93336

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Dear old Jeff had a bit on this, Thomas:
www.rense.com...
make of it what one will ("anonymous"); but it seems Cheney was not merely not invited but actually "un-invited".
Note the quoted accusation against the Rep's. Ho ho and possibly ho!

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Dear old Jeff had a bit on this, Thomas:
www.rense.com...
make of it what one will ("anonymous"); but it seems Cheney was not merely not invited but actually "un-invited".
Note the quoted accusation against the Rep's. Ho ho and possibly ho!

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:41 PM
link   
From Rense, it said that Cheney was rebuked for not being able to stop politicking...But Newsmax said that the funeral also doubled as a political rally.

Big question in these modern times...What's going on here?

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 04:07 AM
link   
'Business as usual', I'm afraid, MidnightD -one more column inch and a photo opportunity.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:16 AM
link   
LOL! Estragon, as usual comes closer to the truth! Political business as usal, indeed.
I'm not sure which story would be more despicable, Dick not being able to stop stumping for a couple days, or the dems turning Paul's funeral into a campaign rally.
What a @#$%& pity this mess has become.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think the Dems win this one,TC -marginally more despicable.
One thing is for sure: this vulgar farrago is filling up newsprint and the spate of conspiracy stuff on the death and the crash that is everywhere in the independent media appears to have been very effectively dammed.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Come on now, a funeral is diffrent, and it wasn't at the funeral. A memorial is just that: remembering someone with tears but if they were also a firebrand & fighter or life of the party, doing it in that fashion as well. You guys never told rousing stories about a departed buddy or family member?
As for Cheney, they didn't want him there based on the political vitriol spat at Wellstone by the real sitting president.
As for Bush, another example of how he is a complete embarassment to America and not possesing of a shred of class.The White House, in a stunning snub of the late Senator Paul Wellstone and the people of Minnesota, has announced that George W. Bush will skip Wellstone's funeral.
A slap in the face of a great American, his life tragically cut short?
No, White House spokesman Ari Fleischer lied: "If you take a look at the historical record of when a sitting senator dies in office, no the President will not go."

Which is a baldfaced, despicable lie.

When Senator John Chafee, Republican of Rhode Island, died in office in 1999, the President of the United States not only had the decency to attend his funeral, he genuinely mourned.
That president, of course, was Bill Clinton. A genuine leader who didn't care if the fallen senator was from the other party, but who cared a good deal about genuine decency and compassion, something our little Ceasar-Fake texan-New England Blue Blood- spoiled-classless-imposter of a president would know nothing about.

Most Honorable ninja, MD, hasten now to the Viginia province, DC prefecture, and make waste of that Gaijin!

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:14 PM
link   
BT, did Clinton mourn like this:
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Anyway, the Wellstone campaign rally/funeral/memorial was tasteless. Especially with all the kind words that have from his opposition. It doesn't surprise me though - lately the dems have no class, follow no rules, and are w/ out morals. 'Win at all costs, recount, replace, then sue� if you don't achieve the desirable results.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Mr. Clinton and the word "ginuinely" in the same sentence? He ginuinely looks teary-eyed for the cameras, no doubt. Who's funeral was that when the cameras caught him laughing and cutting up, but as soon as he saw the camera his way he all of a suden become so mournful? Give me a break. To compare Bush, a president that, no matter what you think of him, restored dignity back in the White House, and Clinton, the greatest national embarrassment ever to step foot in the oval office (well, Andrew Young did enter it when Carter was in office, but at least he didn't sit behind the desk) is beyond mere repugnance.
Clinton showing up for a senator's death is no more a faux-pas than the democrats turning a memorial service into a campaign rally, and is no more surprising. Using these two examples as standards for proper conduct is also ill-advised.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bob, that's called projection. A Rabid Right Wing trademark! ( I'll just use RRW from here on in, it's shorter). Seeing a crappy vid file is all th proof you need, huh? But that, of course, is subject driven, no?
It would be a long time till there could be any match for the 'win at all costs' style of the Bush RRW. My recent favorite is Chambliss calling Max Cleland "Unpatriotic & unconcerned with America's safetly, while standing over the triple amputee war vet in his wheelchair! THAT is the RRW in all it's glory!

It was a memorial - if Rush wants you to be enraged over it, you and Thomas knock yourselves out. Still doesn't erase the fact that the Imposter in the White House is without mandate, without morals and most certainly without class for not attending the funeral services.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 04:01 PM
link   
LOL! Har-dee-har-HAR!
B-T, we are able to think on our own, we need no othes to help us do it.
When you have a clear understanding of a few basic principles that make up the foundation of the country it is easy to do it. Otherwise, you must be like a lib...no wait...you claim to be a centrist (LOL)...anyway, when those who tell you what to think base their positions on nothing more than air and theory, you have to be guided in your thoughts.

It is also interesting the way you attempt to belittle us by saying we are giving our mental marching orders by el Rushbo. You assume that the Rush-meister has been villainized in the eyes of your audience, so saying that we are mindless troops ofg him, you are trying to say we are hencmen of a villain. As usual, you want to merely attack the source of the conversation rather than have it. *yawn*
You are a disservice to your left-wing cause by being so typically left-wing in your approach. Must be that brainwashing you received.

Once again, and slowly, Bush won the election fairly,regardless of your personal opinion of this man.
Remember, just because Clinton doesn't understand proper standards of conduct and will go wherever a camera is located doesn't mean that Bush has to follow suit, and
Remember, attacking Bush's morals after defending Clinton makes you look extremely stupid. Or ignorant of what morals are. Or maybe just brainwashed by your left-wing agenda. Who knows which?
Go eat a peanut. They're good for you. Full of protein.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Class and morals cannot be mentioned in the sentance with Clinton.He has none.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:45 PM
link   
you are correct nyeff

Typical demsy hypocrisy. Morals and ethics weren't a big deal with them when Clinton was cheating on his wife but then when they *thought* they could pin Enron/wcom/tyco/g. crossing/etc on Bush all of sudden ethics were important to them.

Their whole platform is built upon hypocrisy: They should call themselves 'pro-abortion' because they aren't for choice when it comes to taxes, soc. security, guns, nor schools.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 08:42 PM
link   
GOP: Memorial Was 'Planned Political Rally'

AP
Minnesota GOP asks TV stations for 'equal time'; Gov. Ventura may tap independent for Wellstone's seat; Dems approve Mondale as fill-in

I disagree with the demand for equal airtime for the repubs. It looks like a tit-for-tat thing, a bit tacky, and will backfire even if they get it.
Move on from this whole tasteless ordeal. To do otherwise would be crass.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
do you recall something similar in the 200 campaign - it was I think Missouri and a name close to, if not actually, Mel Carnehan.
You might recall that his opponent was John Ashcroft who went on to win the ultimate triumph of being beaten by a dead candidate!
Not of course that this prevented the appalling Ashcroft from becoming A.G.

You'll recall this chap also died in a plane crash. I'm still amazed at the mainstream silence over how exactly Wellstone died .

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 09:51 PM
link   
...capitalising on a funeral an old trick for politicians: you'll recall Brutus and then Antony over Caesar's corpse: "Friends, Romans,......" Still, as with so much else in the Bard, about as good a guide to politicians as you'll find.
Always refreshing to recall that for Shakespeare "politician" was ineviatbly synonymous with self-seeking unprincipled crook.
There may have been progress elsewhere -but I think politicians' rhetoric has declined a little since.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Most Honorable ninja, MD, hasten now to the Viginia province, DC prefecture, and make waste of that Gaijin!

Unfortunately, I'm not Jonin...In fact, I'm a "clan of one"...Without the resources to carry the fight to the enemy's doorstep.

Please do *not* mistake this as a plea for a handout...Even if you gave me one, I wouldn't accept it. "Face" wouldn't allow me to.

Originally posted by Thomas CrowneTo compare Bush, a president that, no matter what you think of him, restored dignity back in the White House...

So, you actually think it's "dignified" to pardon yourself? What other President felt that he had to do that? No, I don't think Clinton was all nice-n-good either. The big question is not "Who's more dirty?" but "Who can be worthy of the trust & the Office?" The main point that was already mentioned (& mostly ignored) is that *none* of the people in the high offices has been worthy of the post for *generations*.

Did you know that our world has developed a slight eccentricity in it's orbit during the last century? They've traced the cause of it...Our Founding fathers spinning in their graves...

Everybody's been focusing on their own personal anger over current events...Instead of banding together to get at the *source* of that anger & get rid of the corruption that's made them so angry in the first place. Instead, you've all been misdirecting that anger at each other instead of putting it in the direction that can make a difference. You've all been focusing on the past (even recent past) instead of wondering what can be done to prevent the events that may be occuring now that will only make you angrier later?

Or am I wasting my time by pointing that out?

[Edited on 31-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 05:34 AM
link   
..flexing his muscles, and family values, at the funeral.
www.ktul.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I watched part of that ralley last night.It was not a memorial.It was a planned rally,with planned speakers, they even had music planned for the end of everyones speeches.Jessie Ventura is right,"the dems should hang their heads in shame."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join