It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are u afriad to challenge your beliefs about weather modification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i have been on this site for a short time and never have i seen such close mindedness regarding a topic such as weather manipulation and people's unwilling ness to look into this phenomena

A/ the poster currently doesn't beleive it is possible (with the information they have at hand
B/ doesn't understand how it works therefore it is too difficult to imagine
C/ is reluctant to modify a belief they have in the face of challenging evidence

with all the brilliant minds on this board i am currently confused to why people would deny something when they have failed to taken the time to look at this possible phenomena from a different perspective which they may be surprised to learn makes this activity more certain than many of the other theory's which are given validity

here is a website in the u.s that is owned by people who do weather modification in a "relatively safe business sense" to increase rain , and modify waether in other parts of the country be the various methods which they describe www.weathermod.com...

btw the weather in VIETNAM was modified to rain more often appox 30-50 %. www.prisonplanet.com...

the use of haarp to modify the weather NEEDS to be looked at in a more OPENMINDED LIGHT besides posts of ignorant people who don't research the only reason i can see for the lack of intrest or validity is people not intrested in the weather or bigger fish to fry, which confuses me when posts about bush crying or some al-quada guy killed for the tenth time get pages and pages

weather modification has been around since vietnam and used to enhance rain and weaken hurricane's as they approach the coast (admittidly in the early 60's) thru a process called cloud seeding which by the way is regarded as about as hightech as atari is to PS2 now. the use of HAARP to use elctromagnetic energy to manipulate the inoshpere has been proposed to prove the most powerful and efficient way to manipulate the weather. (NOT ALL STORMS ARE MANIPULATED DUH) but the capacity's exist to create and manifest strorms strengthen then and weaken them, this is a FACT in many CIRCLES less open mind by the board on ATS. i

www.anomalynews.com...
earthchangescentral.com...
www.sweetliberty.org...
educate-yourself.org...
www.indiadaily.com...
www.thesupernaturalworld.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nope, but I am AFRAID of your spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No-one disputes that cloud seeding takes place. Although there remain serious doubts over how effective it really is.

As for the rest (all the HAARP nonsense etc): there's no evidence for it and no scientific theory as to how it can be carried out.

Much of the supposed evidence (such as MIMIC image loops) is straight forward deception on the part of the conspiracy theorists (if you look on them on a regular basis you'll know that what is claimed to be evidence of weather manipulation is a simple glitch due to missing data - but how many non-meteorologists look at MIMIC data? Or even know where to find it?)

Whilst atmospheric science is still in its infancy and there's undoubtably much still to learn about what causes weather systems, my inclination tends towards believing those who study the atmosphere professionally, rather than those who seem to have no understanding of it whatsoever.

Of course, the fact that I know a number of professional meteorologists and climate scientists - either personally as friends or through regular correspondence - may make me either naively biased or a part of the great deception itself

(incidently no-one has ever explained to me how heating up the ionosphere can manipulate individual weather systems in the troposhere). There is speculation that it may lead to a period of more frequent or vigorous low pressure systems, but there's not even any firm evidence for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
some claims are only perceived as extrodinary because that's the way they appear when looked at from the perspective of someone who's beleif is so contradictory

"Weather modification will become a part of domestic and international security and could be done unilaterally... It could have offensive and defensive applications and even be used for deterrence purposes. The ability to generate precipitation, fog, and storms on earth or to modify space weather, ... and the production of artificial weather all are a part of an integrated set of technologies which can provide substantial increase in US, or degraded capability in an adversary, to achieve global awareness, reach, and power. (US Air Force, emphasis added. Air University of the US Air Force, AF 2025 Final Report, www.au.af.mil... emphasis added)

is the link below a smoking gun of a certain test?

www.climate.org...

link   
some claims are only perceived as extrodinary because that's the way they appear when looked at from the perspective of someone who's beleif is so contradictory

"Weather modification will become a part of domestic and international security and could be done unilaterally... It could have offensive and defensive applications and even be used for deterrence purposes. The ability to generate precipitation, fog, and storms on earth or to modify space weather, ... and the production of artificial weather all are a part of an integrated set of technologies which can provide substantial increase in US, or degraded capability in an adversary, to achieve global awareness, reach, and power. (US Air Force, emphasis added. Air University of the US Air Force, AF 2025 Final Report, www.au.af.mil... emphasis added)

www.climate.org...

link   

www.climate.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nope.

Before im gonna buy any theory, I want some credible evidence from credible sources.

Cloud seeding is old news.

What I want is evidence that some secret government machine is creating hurricanes, draughts, ect before i believe it.

Otherwise, im going to chalk strange weather up to natural climate changes and global warming.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
are you afraid to view other subforums /jk

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
long lance it seems u motto as thread killer leaves u with a very biased view of anyone else's opinions that differ from yours, but i'm pretty sure it must be a joke of sorts

EVERY time before a change in poplular public thought the future "truth" gets shot down

u pointed me to a thread which is an example of you being unaware of an abstraction of thought. u beleve my theory is untrue simply because someone else's idea about manipulation of weather was not beleived

before the world was declared round do u think there was a mountain of fake "evidence" that argued againt it. were the people debunking the world is round theories to cling to there the world is flat theory, undergong the same thought process as you

[edit on 12-7-2006 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
wait a second, i posted this link just to show an example of something that looks like weather modification/manipulation, to offer something i consider good evidence. i did not post to challange anything or convince anyone, just to show that animated image so everyone can make up their own minds.

PS: wrt 'Thread Killer' - just an observation, far too many threads end with a post of mine, don't know why, tbh. don't know why you felt dissed either, or why you believe i'm very biased one way or another. perhaps i shouldn't have re-used your thread's title, but i normally don't write much anyway when i'm doing simple cross-reference.. didn't think that one line would matter to anyone or leave a bad impression...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No weather modification is most definetely True, id say early experiments with this type of technology probably the most well documented experiment was when a mysterious cloud of fog rolled in to help the allies make a hasty get away from france, when they loaded up tons of all type of watercraft and ran for the hills back to england. Other experiments have taken place like he said in vietnam and other battlefields, but i think more recently they have aquired and mastered how to manipulate weather on a more devestating scale rather than some rain and fog clouds, they can now conjour up hurricanes, typhoons and tornadoes.
Hurricane Katrina i beleive was merely one of the first experiments with deadly climate changes. They wanted to see exactly how devestating they could create it and thus they decided to throw it down on their own people wich is the ameircas.

Their is numerous peices of evidence that suggest this was an inside job, the bush administration new their where causes to be concerened of a deadly hurricane that was prepared to hit the gulf and they failed to act on it, much like they knew about the 9/11 attacks and the terror cells and they openly refused to act upon it because it didnt concern them. Or More or less they wanted these events to take place, if you remember correctly the recent jump in gases prices from 70 cents per litre to a now woppin 97-1.10 where attributed to hurricane katrina knocking out oil refineries in the gulf coast. Which is alot of bull# guff, since we know their is enough oil refineries and oil drilliing operations to supply north america 10x over and enough stored up and saved to power the world several years after a major castastofic event, not the oil is really necessary at all, but they used the hurricane as an excuse of increased gas prices.Also al the money that the companies would make from rebuilding up lousinana would be financial benefitial to them.
Their are several reports of officials who have said they worked on a project that was trying to find ways to manipulate weather, they said that when they joined the project their where already simple ways of weather modification but nothing that was truly effective. Some after quiting the project now beleive that the recent hurricanes and typhoons are the product of this project they where involved with. Other stayed on the project and said that yes they have aquired new weather modifying techniques that are more effective than previous ones, and yes the recent hurricanes within the past 10 years or so have been tests not all of them but katrina was certinaly a name that came up numerous times.

It is my beleif that the reason they seek weather manipulation is because it is obviously a powerful tool, but aside from that, it also helps them "nwo illuminati whatever you want to call them" to stage the apoclypse they so wish to create.
I was getting a little aftraid their when they ran out of letters on the alphabet and started calling them hurricane alpha and beta... imagine what happens when we reach omega?

"I am the alpha and the omega. the beggining and the end"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

i have been on this site for a short time and never have i seen such close mindedness regarding a topic such as weather manipulation and people's unwilling ness to look into this phenomena

A/ the poster currently doesn't beleive it is possible (with the information they have at hand
B/ doesn't understand how it works therefore it is too difficult to imagine
C/ is reluctant to modify a belief they have in the face of challenging evidence

with all the brilliant minds on this board i am currently confused to why people would deny something when they have failed to taken the time to look at this possible phenomena from a different perspective which they may be surprised to learn makes this activity more certain than many of the other theory's which are given validity

here is a website in the u.s that is owned by people who do weather modification in a "relatively safe business sense" to increase rain , and modify waether in other parts of the country be the various methods which they describe www.weathermod.com...

btw the weather in VIETNAM was modified to rain more often appox 30-50 %. www.prisonplanet.com...

the use of haarp to modify the weather NEEDS to be looked at in a more OPENMINDED LIGHT besides posts of ignorant people who don't research the only reason i can see for the lack of intrest or validity is people not intrested in the weather or bigger fish to fry, which confuses me when posts about bush crying or some al-quada guy killed for the tenth time get pages and pages

weather modification has been around since vietnam and used to enhance rain and weaken hurricane's as they approach the coast (admittidly in the early 60's) thru a process called cloud seeding which by the way is regarded as about as hightech as atari is to PS2 now. the use of HAARP to use elctromagnetic energy to manipulate the inoshpere has been proposed to prove the most powerful and efficient way to manipulate the weather. (NOT ALL STORMS ARE MANIPULATED DUH) but the capacity's exist to create and manifest strorms strengthen then and weaken them, this is a FACT in many CIRCLES less open mind by the board on ATS. i

www.anomalynews.com...
earthchangescentral.com...
www.sweetliberty.org...
educate-yourself.org...
www.indiadaily.com...
www.thesupernaturalworld.co.uk...

If the government can control the weather than explain the Green house effect.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
controlling a hurricane or rain patterns is not in the same ballpark as slaving global weather to an artificial system, is it?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
controlling a hurricane or rain patterns is not in the same ballpark as slaving global weather to an artificial system, is it?

Actually, controlling a hurricane probably is. Do you know how much energy is in one of those things? [Thinks: if we could control hurricanes we could maybe harness their energy - free electricity forever!!!!] Controlling a mid latitude cyclone would be child's play to controlling a hurricane. It's pretty certain IMO that if we could control hurricanes we could control the entire global climate.

Cloud seeding is of course on a different scale altogether. And we're not even very good at that (though those who make money offering cloud seeding services might beg to disagree
)

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
essan don't you understand that free energy would cost those in power who are wealthy and influence our lives

and before u MAY try to dismiss this as (no they would welcome free power) think for a second who would lose money how much they would lose and how wealth would be redistributed if this free energy devices were allowed to be MASS produced.

there is the technology for free energy devices in cars homes and wherever and if allowed to be mass produced the costs would be dirt cheap, but u have to understand the Millions if not billions lost by those in the world who are wealthy and powerful from oil and you to think they would not or would not use there influence to buy out these guys or worse if they tried to take these mainstream. never gonna happen just like cure for cancer never gonna happen NO MONEY IN IT

also controlling a mid latitude cyclone would be child's play compared to a hurricane um hurricanes need to have a very delicate atomospheric conditions to flurish while mid latitude cyclones ("or low pressures i assume") ride all along the jet stream encountering much more dynamic steering patterns and there winds can be spread out over many hundreds of miles (noreaster, gales) making the energy difference u assume, minimal if not the other way around and the obstacles involved in controlling them more challenging.

new topics

top topics

join