It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crack found in foam on shuttle's fuel tank

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
DSO

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A simple solution, Duct Tape.

I don't see why nasa can't coat the foam in some sort of protective covering. I know there are alot of complications with tempurature differences, but surely there is some sort of material that can be sprayed onto the foam to prevent it from cracking or falling off. I'm thinking of thermoplastic or epoxy like substance.

If they can't coat the tank then coat the shuttle, the stuff would burn off in the atmoshpere and the tiles would be protected from foam debris. Again i'm thinking of a spray on protective coating, and once the technology matures, carbon nanotube tiles.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I know right? Why's anybody worried about the damn foam? Because NASA wants you worried about the foam, so in the event that this shuttle blows up too (for reasons that are NOT because of foam) they can blame it on the foam. What's really going on is that being in space right now is very dangerous, and every time that shuttle goes up it's like playing Russian roulette. They are the unspoken heroes, because people will never have really known how dangerous their mission really was.

It's the space electric conditions; they're really hazardous right now and they probably won't be getting any better until some time after the Apocalypse/Pole Shift/Planet-cleansing event that's coming. Until it becomes too obvious to ignore, they're going to try to hide all knowledge of these events from the public.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join