It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on FOX News N.Korea Officially says it will be Nuclear War if USA attacks them or strikes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

the point of that story? if the AEGIS didn`t know when the laucn time was then they couldn`t kill it.

AEGIS --- 90 seconds??? that's an eternity for AEGIS. You don't think the orders via Cheyenne Mountain can be there that quick? I would bet the command authority has ALREADY been issued.

Yeah, the SM3 can hit it..........I am 99% sure.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wait, bombing a country with nukes to kingdom come is one thing, but what about the wide-spread effects of radiation? I doubt it would stay in tiny NK alone. If the wind is blowing in the right direction, Japan might just have a problem on their hands, as for SK.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334

I just hope the ETs will intervene in this mess

I forgot this was ATS.....

thank you!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yeah, the SM3 can hit it..........I am 99% sure.

That would be impressive considering SM-3 is not really designed to take on ICBM's.
It's designed to take on short-ranged systems like the SCUD or even Pershing, not ICBM's. If it's close enough to the launch site, and can react quickly enough, it might be able to knock out an ICBM during the first minute or two of it's flight. That's it, after that it's going too high, too fast for SM-3 (basically a Standard naval SAM on steroids) to hit.

Just because it can shoot down a Lance doesn't mean it can take out an ICBM.
It's like saying because system x can take out a Sopwith Camel, that means it must be able to shoot down an SR-71.

NEWS FLASH: CNN just announced NK has launched a missile. It's apparently not a Taepo Dong II ICBM though. Let's see if it gets shot down.

[edit on 7/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just now CNN is reporting that Pyonyang has just now launched a missile.

They say it is not the typodong 2 missile and they do not know what it is intended for wether to launch something into space or in fact where it is headed.

Saying right now that a smaller different missile launched, now saying different part of north korea.

Could be something as small as a ground to surface attack missile or something capable of launching a satelite.

Basically they know nothing except a missile has been launched.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I always did enjoy a good firework show.

I'm assuming that they won't want to hit the missile. It's much better to let them launch and view their capabilities and then recover whats left of it as it re-enters the atmosphere.

Strip it all down and see what their bravado is made of.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
That would be impressive considering SM-3 is not really designed to take on ICBM's.

true but it 'has' the capability to do so, why do you think the Lake Erie (or the other one) is in the Sea of Japan? It is not to protect against a Japanese launch.

It's designed to take on short-ranged systems like the SCUD or even Pershing, not ICBM's. If it's close enough to the launch site, and can react quickly enough, it might be able to knock out an ICBM during the first minute or two of it's flight. That's it, after that it's going too high, too fast for SM-3 (basically a Standard naval SAM on steroids) to hit.

True a Pershing II would have to launch to a ballistic path just as an ICBM would. Thing is, in the first few minutes, they are all venerable! Hence the start of the ballistic path would be when the SM3 would get it.....believe me they are watching that site for plumes....live I would bet

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Just now CNN is reporting that Pyonyang has just now launched a missile.

They say it is not the typodong 2 missile and they do not know what it is intended for wether to launch something into space or in fact where it is headed.

Saying right now that a smaller different missile launched, now saying different part of north korea.

Could be something as small as a ground to surface attack missile or something capable of launching a satelite.

Basically they know nothing except a missile has been launched.

Spiderj

Nothing on Sky News or BBC News yet about this...hopefully nothing more than saber rattling...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
I still don't ubnderstand why Bush is considered a war monger. We went into the middle east to protect our interests in the areas oil. People bitch and moan that we are fighting for oil, well how would your world be without it.
Clinton attacked more countries than Bush, so did Reagan. Clinton attacked Iraq because of the knowledge that he had WMD'S. I t was ok for Clinton but not Bush. We are in the mess we are in because of Clinton. If he had taken steps during his presidency we wouldn't be were we are.

Because Clinton and Reagan didn't walk around with a smug look and a cocky attitude. Bush has zero media savy and is basically demonstrating what happens when you give someone ulitmate power because their Daddy worked hard. Hitting a triple and being born on third base are not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
missle launch comfirmed on reuters.com

NK is really testing the waters so to speak....

What will Bush do????????

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Its 4th down will he punt?

I bet they wanted to see our reaction, but the fueling trucks are off the pad on the big one...lets wait and see..

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

true but it 'has' the capability to do so, why do you think the Lake Erie (or the other one) is in the Sea of Japan? It is not to protect against a Japanese launch.

No but I do think it's there mainly as a confidence building measure for the Japanese. Also because the Japanese are now full participants in the SM-3 program. And if NK were to launch an IRBM at Tokyo and not an ICBM at Seattle or LA, Lake Erie might well be able to shoot it down.

Note that I'm not trying to put down SM-3 at all. Unlike NMD it seems like a practical, workable project, and so far it's done very well in tests. Not surprisingly, considering it's based on the tried and true SM-2 naval SAM. Or maybe I just have a pro-Navy bias

Now they're saying NK has launched a second missile, and that the first landed in the Sea of Japan, 600 miles from Japanese territory.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No but I do think it's there mainly as a confidence building measure for the Japanese. Also because the Japanese are now full participants in the SM-3 program. And if NK were to launch an IRBM at Tokyo and not an ICBM at Seattle or LA, Lake Erie might well be able to shoot it down.

Agreed , but the sea of Japan would give the angle of interception that the SM3 needs...not only is it there to make the Japanese feel good, its there because it works.....Its operational and that should say all.

Plus I have a Navy Bias also....

And the big one (Taepodong 2) has not been fired yet. Third time the charm?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think this bastard is just trying to frighten America on our day of independence. I'll watch him close with a beer in one had and a sparkler in the other

[edit on 4-7-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Burp away!

Well I must go do my exercises, 12 oz curls on the 4th....

later

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

I still don't ubnderstand why Bush is considered a war monger. We went into the middle east to protect our interests in the areas oil. People bitch and moan that we are fighting for oil, well how would your world be without it.
Clinton attacked more countries than Bush, so did Reagan. Clinton attacked Iraq because of the knowledge that he had WMD'S. I t was ok for Clinton but not Bush. We are in the mess we are in because of Clinton. If he had taken steps during his presidency we wouldn't be were we are.

Because Clinton and Reagan didn't walk around with a smug look and a cocky attitude. Bush has zero media savy and is basically demonstrating what happens when you give someone ulitmate power because their Daddy worked hard. Hitting a triple and being born on third base are not the same thing.

Are we talking about JFK or Bush.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So you condone killing people and raping another country's natural resources? That's why he's considered a warmonger, * snip *. A better term is jingoist.

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It just happened!!! North Korea Launched thier Missiles into the sea of Japan...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

So you condone killing people and raping another country's natural resources? That's why he's considered a warmonger, idiot. A better term is jingoist.

Are we really raping them for there natural resources, I don't think so. I don't condone killing people unless it is needed. And I hope you are not calling me an idiot. Those are my veiws if you don't like them comment on them but leave out the insults. And the US killed a lot of people to keep your english asses free. Thats ok thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You did condone killing people for oil, *kind person*. Go and read your words again. Like DG said, it's just a laugh.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 4/7/06 by SteveR]

[edit on 5-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join