Just on FOX News N.Korea Officially says it will be Nuclear War if USA attacks them or strikes

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
and can i just say the only thing that seperates north from south is the armed forces, civilians will more than likely fight for korea in the south, has'nt anybody seen all the bombs going off in iraq(made and used by civilians) because of religous divide, well they they dont have a religous divide in korea so there will be only one target

might i just add there was never a suicide bomber in iraq before this war, stupid bush didnt like the fact that iraq was stinking rich in oil, so instead of buying he robbed them




posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Does this mean that if we shoot down their missle they will launch Nukes ?
I am confusico ??



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by egogos Why cant you guys elect a good president good in good person


Well I think we did. He turned out to be the right man at the right time. A wee bit to held back for me but better than a wimp. These are trying times, whether most believe it or not, the next wars will not be fought in the GIUK or Fulda gap but in the cities of the world. At least we are not standing by with our collective thumbs up our arse's. We are DOING something about it and even though most of the world fails to reconognize the need for it, someone does and all will be thankful later.






Originally posted by imbalanced
Does this mean that if we shoot down their missle they will launch Nukes ?
I am confusico ??



Thats just it, they have no method of delivery to CONUS(US 48 states) but a few 'suspect' missiles. We have the ability to shoot them down....

In the software business they would call Kim Jung Poo's threats 'vaporware'



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For once I am with Ed, North Korea's threats are vaporware.

I don't know why everyone gets bent out of shape every time some new overheated propaganda comes out of Pyongyang, they've been issuing this kind of threat on a biweekly basis for the last 50 years.

North Korea is in no position to attack the US.
If they managed to lob one or two nukes at the US, they know they could expect hundreds in return.

This is just another lame attempt at extortion.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah, one other thing some fail to recognize...

South Korea has a very well armed and modern military. They do not have the numbers that the north does, but its back to the old quality vs quanity thing. The north could NOT win a conventional war. I am convinced of that simply because they would not have air superiority. That is why they want this nuke card so bad.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why can't we just let the beloved leader alone to starve and torture, counterfiet U.S. dollars, run drugs, kidnap Japanese, develop nukes and missiles, issue threats and so on?

Because Halliburton and American Corporations say so, and thier idiot tool Bush has decided that we all can't just get along.

It's a good thing these chickenhawks are too afraid of the mighty power of the Juche revolution to start anything.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
if anyone needs convincing that the u.s couldnt just fly into north korea and start bombing everything heres the proof, rember iraq had no airforce check out north koreas military defence www.globalsecurity.org...


[edit on 4-7-2006 by egogos]



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by egogos
if anyone needs convincing that the u.s couldnt just fly into north korea and start bombing everything heres the proof, rember iraq had no airforce check out north koreas military defence www.globalsecurity.org...


[edit on 4-7-2006 by egogos]


Air Superiority would be total for the US within 48 hours MAX. As for a single bombing....one B-2 would work.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by egogos
if anyone needs convincing that the u.s couldnt just fly into north korea and start bombing everything heres the proof, rember iraq had no airforce check out north koreas military defence www.globalsecurity.org...


[edit on 4-7-2006 by egogos]


Air Superiority would be total for the US within 48 hours MAX. As for a single bombing....one B-2 would work.

my point is korea have ships submarines and a good airforce so they would be dropping bombs over the u.s plus the u.s would need are help(im british)with u.s troops deployed through out the world they would'nt have a leg to stand on, and i cant see us brits getting involved we love the soil we live on



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by egogosmy point is korea have ships submarines


So? they have a Navy that is miniscule at best, Sea Control would happen in the first 8 hours. The subs would take a bit longer but they are no real threat in a modern battlefield (NK subs anyway)



Originally posted by egogos and a good airforce so they would be dropping bombs over the u.s


No, their AF sucks. A few MiG 29's at best. They would be one the ground as fast as Saddams were. They stand NO chance in an airwar with the US



Originally posted by egogosplus the u.s would need are help(im british)with u.s troops deployed through out the world they would'nt have a leg to stand on


Not really, we would not want to take NK, just hold the line and bomb the government into oblivion. We dont need 500,000 troops for that.



Originally posted by egogos and i cant see us brits getting involved we love the soil we live on


NK is absolutely NO threat to the UK. But yes the UK would join us as that is what Allies do....



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Thats just it, they have no method of delivery to CONUS(US 48 states) but a few 'suspect' missiles. We have the ability to shoot them down....

In the software business they would call Kim Jung Poo's threats 'vaporware'






could you please read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and then retract your comment - as it stands there is no credible ABM defence , as there are no exo-atmospheric interceptors and the endo-atmospheric interceptors are too short ranged.

the russian system is fully operational and works

the usa had a working system and scrapped it - now they are trying again.


SAFEGUARD worked.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Some of North koreas military capabilities
Active forces: 1.14 million
Special forces: 100,000 estimated (world's largest)
Manpower fit for military service: 3,694,855
North Korea possesses the world's fifth largest military and is the most militarized nation in proportion to population (estimated at 22 million. Military spending is $5.2 billion or 22.9% percent of North Korea’s GDP while around 70 percent of N. Korea's army is deployed within 65 km of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
430 combat vessels
50 submarines (26 attack subs)
340 support ships North Korea has an estimated 13,000 artillery sites stationed in secure bunkers, many of which are aimed at targets in and around the South Korean capital, Seoul. he DPRK Air Force is comprised of approximately 1,700 aircraft North Korea maintains the world's third largest arsenal of chemical weapons. recent U.S. intelligence reports, the North Koreans possess enough weapons grade plutonium for two to five nuclear devices. In addition, North Korea has reprocessed spent nuclear fuel rods which could contain enough plutonium to produce between six to 12 nuclear weapons.
Such a large collection of artillery could potentially drop 300,000 shells per hour on the city.

And this is the stuff they tell you about to stop you from having nightmares
so why dont the u.s order korea to ground all airforce(like they did with iraq)
and stop them from producing nukes, answer, they cant




[edit on 4-7-2006 by egogos]Some of koreas military capbilities

[edit on 4-7-2006 by egogos]



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequinand then retract your comment - as it stands there is no credible ABM defence , as there are no exo-atmospheric interceptors and the endo-atmospheric interceptors are too short ranged.


I will do no such thing......there IS a credible defense against the like of what North Korea could do. Of that there is no doubt.....Why to you think that a SM3 armed AEGIS ship is in the sea of Japan right now? Oh it works alright, but if it doesnt then the Alaskan and vandenburg Missiles can have a go....remember there is only one missile sitting on the pad.....


For Wednesday's test, the Pearl Harbor-based USS Lake Erie launched a Standard Missile 2 to shoot down a missile fired from the Pacific Missile Range Facility on Kauai.

Navy Shoots Down Missile in Test Near Hawaii




Originally posted by Harlequinthe usa had a working system and scrapped it - now they are trying again.SAFEGUARD worked.


Safeguard was not as good as you think, and could do nothing for MIRV's. Its moot the USSR's didnt work that good either...



Originally posted by Harlequinthe russian system is fully operational and works


the ABM1 Galosh if I remember right. Yeah I am sure they are active now......1960's ????



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by egogos
Some of North koreas military capabilities
Active forces: 1.14 million
Special forces: 100,000 estimated (world's largest)
Manpower fit for military service: 3,694,855
North Korea possesses the world's fifth largest military and is the most militarized nation in proportion to population (estimated at 22 million. Military spending is $5.2 billion or 22.9% percent of North Korea’s GDP while around 70 percent of N. Korea's army is deployed within 65 km of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
430 combat vessels
50 submarines (26 attack subs)
340 support ships


Does this sound familiar to the argument that was given as why not to take on Iraq the first time? DO you understand that a 10-1 advantage doesn't mean squat when your equipment is crap.

Stalin never understood this, Gorby did. Quantity does have a quality all its own.


The North Koreans are not a modern Army by any means. You can not conduct modern warfare without air assets and the like. It would be a arse whipping big time, but the cost would be high I am afraid. You do not even acknowledge the South Korean forces, a true Modern Army...



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by Harlequinand then retract your comment - as it stands there is no credible ABM defence , as there are no exo-atmospheric interceptors and the endo-atmospheric interceptors are too short ranged.


I will do no such thing......there IS a credible defense against the like of what North Korea could do. Of that there is no doubt.....Why to you think that a SM3 armed AEGIS ship is in the sea of Japan right now?



please read about the capabilities of those missiles - they have to out accelerate a launching missile - AFTER it has been seen to launch , and the ships will not be on port-and-starboard duty 24/7 so time will be used to get authority to energise the tracking and attack radar`s for the system.




Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by Harlequinthe usa had a working system and scrapped it - now they are trying again.SAFEGUARD worked.


Safeguard was not as good as you think, and could do nothing for MIRV's. Its moot the USSR's didnt work that good either...



neutron warheads - or rather Enhanced Radiation warheads have the potential of knocking out world wide communications if big enough and high enough - the US tests themselves should that. So a huge burst of neutron/xray radiation would be enough to inert the warhead - which was the idea.

The reason SAFEGUARD was cancelled was to do with surviveability - don`t forget the russian`s have FOBS which the american`s don`t.
The russian`s would launch them all against thr incoming first wave.


Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by Harlequinthe russian system is fully operational and works


the ABM1 Galosh if I remember right. Yeah I am sure they are active now......1960's ????





its gazelle and gorgon - nothing from the 1960`s at all

www.fas.org...



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
please read about the capabilities of those missiles - they have to out accelerate a launching missile - AFTER it has been seen to launch , and the ships will not be on port-and-starboard duty 24/7 so time will be used to get authority to energise the tracking and attack radar`s for the system.


Ah "component of the improved Moscow ABM system", so they upgraded it. It would seem that the Russians had a good ability to make equipment that would last right? You think that the last 10 years or so they have been maintaining this system the way it should be done? I highly doubt that.





Originally posted by Harlequin
neutron warheads - or rather Enhanced Radiation warheads have the potential of knocking out world wide communications if big enough and high enough - the US tests themselves should that. So a huge burst of neutron/xray radiation would be enough to inert the warhead - which was the idea.

The reason SAFEGUARD was cancelled was to do with surviveability - don`t forget the russian`s have FOBS which the american`s don`t. The russian`s would launch them all against thr incoming first wave.


How well do you think it will actually work? They can not even state that their SLBMs are still reliable, so their ICBM's and ABM's are? yes safeguard was cancelled for many reasons, the neutron warhead would EMP destroy what its trying to protect, hence MAD. You see a launch coming , then you launch ALL yours, its MADening....

What FOB's do the Russians have out of curiosity, Cuba?




Originally posted by Harlequin its gazelle and gorgon - nothing from the 1960`s at all

www.fas.org...


Ah an upgrade from the 80's. I forgot that one, good catch..


Well the AEGIS is sitting there to get to the missile before Apogee, after mid course it would be up to CONUS forces...Oh they work. They would work against a 'few', but not a saturation. the Russians know this as do the Chinese.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
[Ah "component of the improved Moscow ABM system", so they upgraded it. It would seem that the Russians had a good ability to make equipment that would last right? You think that the last 10 years or so they have been maintaining this system the way it should be done? I highly doubt that.


the last launch test was 2005 for gazelle and 2004 for gorgon - it still works , and they pump money into it.




Originally posted by edsinger
How well do you think it will actually work? They can not even state that their SLBMs are still reliable, so their ICBM's and ABM's are? yes safeguard was cancelled for many reasons, the neutron warhead would EMP destroy what its trying to protect, hence MAD. You see a launch coming , then you launch ALL yours, its MADening....

What FOB's do the Russians have out of curiosity, Cuba?


FOB`s


Fractional Orbital Bombardment system

put a nuke in a satellite then orbit it and manoeuver it when needed.


think about it - how many `redundant` communication satelites are there in space?



Originally posted by edsinger
Ah an upgrade from the 80's. I forgot that one, good catch..


Well the AEGIS is sitting there to get to the missile before Apogee, after mid course it would be up to CONUS forces...Oh they work. They would work against a 'few', but not a saturation. the Russians know this as do the Chinese.



look at planeman`s post - unless they launch in the first 90 seconds , then there is 0 chance of actually hitting the missile - don`t forget theat `tests` are done under carefully controlled conditions - look at the sales pitch of the F-15 that could intercept a blackbird - the SR-71 was ordered to under M2.5 and on a straight and true course - which the Eagle drivers knew!

ofc the F-15 was to intercept it - then when the gloves came off second time around the blackbird lit up to full speed and changed course - the eagles didn`t have a chance at all.


the point of that story? if the AEGIS didn`t know when the laucn time was then they couldn`t kill it.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't bet my life on the US's ability to take out a North Korean ICBM.

The NMD system is still in the early testing phase, and so far it hasn't exactly proved a thrilling success.

While SM-3 has worked much better, it's intended more to take out theatre missiles, not ICBMs, which are moving much higher and faster than the short range missiles it has been tested against. It's possible SM-3 might be able to take out an ICBM early in its boost phase, but it would take a very lucky shot.

All of which is irrelevant anyway, because the US deterrent capability is not in question.

Should North Korea manage to hit the US with a nuclear missile, I don't doubt for a second that the US could or would retaliate with a massive nuclear strike that would effectively destroy the North Korean state and its military in minutes.

And that, not some partially functional and largely untested ABM system, is what will prevent the regime in Pyongyang from firing any nukes at the US.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well there is one thing everyone is forgetting here, the North Korean leadership will be sitting in their deepest nuke proof bunkers and wont give a damn if the country ends up in nuclear flames because they will be alive in their bunkers. Once the attack is over they will escape and hide likr Bin Laden has been doing since 9/11. I for one hope a nuke exchange never happens but given the state of the world at the moment i fear it will come sooner rather than later, either with a scumbag terrorist letting one off, or regimes like North Korea finally losing the plot and presses the button.



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My guess is, NK is being backed by China and Russia.

They're "up to here" with Bush&Co threats and pre emptive attacks. They have nothing to lose, which is a dangerous situation at best.

If Bush takes them up on it, we're toast. And he's likely to--because he doesn't appear to worry about what happens after he has a temper tantrum.

I just hope the ETs will intervene in this mess before humanity blows up this beautiful planet in the name of "fighting terrorists." It's like burning down the house to get rid of the ants and cockroaches.

And Elite predators are like that: they'll do ANYTHING DESPERATE -- just to prove their point that they know better than anybody else what's good for everybody. Satanic.





new topics
 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join