It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on FOX News N.Korea Officially says it will be Nuclear War if USA attacks them or strikes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by cpdaman
if N. KOREA tried to attack we would all may be surprised to see the capacities our militiary has and what the HAARP is really capable of such as blowing up a country

HAARP? Blow up a country?

Now that would be a sight to see! I think you need to get informed on the true and unnefarious purposes of HAARP.

But, as that's an entirely different topic, let's not go on about it in here.

[edit on 7/3/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

According to this very informative documentary, HAARP is more than capable of blowing up a country. Scalar weaponry in itself has the potential to wipe out entire continents.

www.freepressinternational.com...

This documentary is NOT just about weather control.

And there's a full article here: www.prahlad.org... -feel free to inform yourself

Ok, back to the topic.. NK.. why are they messing around with nuclear tom thumb firecrackers.. if they wanna dance dirty with the big boys THEY OUGHTTA GO SCALAR!!!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If the US wanted to destroy NK there are many more effective methods than using Nukes. They could destroy them slowly without ever being suspected of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It is estimated that North Korea has 6-8 Nuclear Warheads, or at least the material to manufacture them.

Some doubt that they can put them on a missle, I dissent with this observation. America, as a country was able to do it in the 50's. If you don't think they can do it 60 years later you under estimate them.

Missles

N Korea has deployed over 300 Nodong-x (medum range - Japan and Okinawa) and close to a thousand Scud-B/C missiles (short range - S Korea) all of which can carry nuclear or chemical warheads. NoDong-1's have a range of 1,300km and NoDong-2's have a range of 1,500-2,000km. N Korea is believed to have a limited number of Taepodong-x ICBMs (long range - America) hidden in underground tunnels.

The Taepo Dong-2 ICBM has a maximum range of 6,200 miles. The US DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) estimates that the missile has a range of about 4,650 miles with large nuclear warheads and 6,200 miles with smaller warheads. At the extreme of 6,200 mil es, the missile could reach all major West Coast cities (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego,,,) and reach as far east as Chicago.

Nuclear Sites

Yongbyon 0.1 Megawatts Thermal (MWt) Critical Assembly - This small reactor is believed to be the first nuclear reactor in N Korea. It was provided by the Soviets and went into operation in early 1960s. Its primary function is isotope production.

Yongbyon Reactor I - The construction of this natural uranium-graphite power reactor began in 1980 at Yongbyon, 100 km north of Pyongyang. It is based on a 1950 MAGNOX technology (graphite moderator, aluminum-magnesium clad natural uranium fuel , CO2 gas cooling). The reactor was completed in 1984 and it as was activated in February 1987 under Prof. Ha Kyong Won, a Korean physicist educated in US. After many startup problems, it was operating at 20-30 MW by 1990. N Korea removed about 30 lb. of plutonium from this reactor in 1988 and built two nuclear bombs. From 1989 to 1991, N Korea may have extracted additional 60 lb. of plutonium, enough for five nukes.

Yongbyon Reactor II - A 50 MW MAGNOX-type reactor was started in 1984. N Korea built a military nuclear complex next to this reactor. This complex was completed in 1989 and the reactor was tentatively activated in 1992. This reactor alone is capable of producing enough plutonium for 10-12 nukes a year.

Taechon Reactor I - The construction of a 200 MW MAGNOX-type reactor was started at Taechon, 60 miles north of Pyongyang in 1988 and was expected to be completed in 1996.

Taechon Reactor II - A 600-800 MW reactor is also partially built at Taechon (completion was slated by 1997). This reactor could produce 180-230 Kg of plutonium a year, enough for 30-40 nukes.

Simpo Reactor I - This 635mw reactor is based on a German design. In May 1989, N Korea and Germany signed a comprehensive agreement on the transfer of "substantial" amounts of German nuclear technology and nuclear weapons materials, including enriched uranium, to Pyongyang. The transfer of the German nuclear know-how has continued via Iran, Libya and Syria.

Yongbyon Separation Plant - A plutonium separation facility ("Radiological Research Lab") was built at Yongbyon in 1987. This plant is capable of handling several hundreds of tons of fuel a year, enough to handle fuel from all of the reactors , some 33 lb. of plutonium annually.. The plutonium factory for the nuclear weapons is a single story building constructed on top the main plutonium reprocessing facility, deep underground. In 1993, N Korea completed a second plant, doubling its capacity for plutonium production.

Taechon I and II were what almost sent us to War with N Korea under the riegn of Clinton in the mid-late 1990's due to the high amounts of material the plants would provide Kim. Those plants were never completed due to embargo's, yet most people don't realize that N Korea already had the Nuke. It is thought by many, that the official announcement by N Korea in 2002 is when they were able to fit it on a missile, as they had the Nuke for 10 years prior to that point.

Getting "The Bomb" has, imo, come at great expense to the N Korea. The lack of power generation has killed all but government subsidized industry and destroyed the economy.

Now, if Kim is willing to do all that to his own people, imagine what he is willing to do to us. This threat is very severe indeed.

A nuclear strike on America by North Korea would end our time as a Super Power.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Good post Crisko!

North Korea is indeed a threat to our civilized world., They will stop at nothing to destroy USA. So people, don't say North Korea can't kick USA's ass, because they can. Why didn't USA finish them off in the 50's? I'm not a history wizz but from what I heard in a few history articles is because they couldn't without sustaining heavy casualties, so they ran away. And remember, one modern nuke can destroy an entire city, even ONE nuke that is delivered in lets say Washington, on top of the White House, can send the entire country in panic. Not good for the economy....

And you guys who think a country like North Korea can't build nukes, think again! South Africa, without knowing anything about nuclear technology, built about 7 nukes in less than 10 years... I think Israel helped them, but seriously, I don't think Israel knew much about Nuclear technology in the 70's

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I just want to clarify something...

North Korea says they will strike the US if they are attacked first & vise versa.

USA wont attack NK's mainland, are they just referring to shooting down the test missle?

If it comes close to US mainland I think America will shoot it down but that would be viewed as self defence. - And, NK would view it is an attack so both sides would be right in their own minds.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
US won't invade NK simple as, they can't afford to take the risks, personally i don't think the missile launch will go ahead either, NK is just like the annoying kid in the school yard who will do everything in its power to piss people off, it's just seeing how far it can push countries like the US.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Another thing to consider -

"And then there was the fuel and oxidizer supposedly being loaded into the missile. Corrosive stuff, it could eat through a missile's metal casing in two or three days."
-www.defensetech.org... - (NK Hoax)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Sorry, double post in error ^.^)

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Zenem]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
Good post Crisko!

North Korea is indeed a threat to our civilized world., They will stop at nothing to destroy USA.

Hmmm, except the fact of having a few dozen nukes pointed at your rogue country at the slightest hint of a warhead launch? Please, a dictator enjoys the control over his people and wont want to see it crumble before his very eyes, while smelling burned flesh everywhere. How can you possibly make a threat when you openly announce you have nukes? People will be aware of the threat, they will work to counter it, and if their efforts appear to be succesfull, Kim realises his mad attempts failed miserably, even if the US shows mercy and wont reduce it to a big smoking hole on the earth, the economic/political consequences would be extremely severe, i doubt NK would survive that either.

NK, a threat? Not now, but they definately should be watched closely. Every country possessing nukes is a threat, in my most honest opinion.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Mammoth]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Not even George W is dumb enough to go after N korea on his own,

They have freely amitted they have nukes and r testing a long range missle to deliver them. N Korea is just playing the big i am, as everyone is ignoring him , in favour of iran. Have a mentel pic of the sence from Team America, " im so Lonely"

he has to let the world know he still around. And if anyone will attack them it will be china. and if u want to mess with china, then you are either dumb or mad or both. (so bush will be attacking them next
)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by snakebite
Not even George W is dumb enough to go after N korea on his own,

hmmm... i hope not. Dumb is to the bone. You think he'll mess with them?

I certainly hope not.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar

Why didn't USA finish them off in the 50's?

MacArthur wanted to, he lead a counter offensive after the communist North crossed the 38th and had pushed them back into China, he also wanted to invade China and launch atomic strikes, which made Truman, the Joint Chiefs of Staff very nervous. For Harry Truman and the Joint Chiefs, Korea was an exercise in containment, but that made it a very frustrating war for many Americans. It meant that in this war the United States was not aiming for total victory, but for more limited, and more ambiguous, results.

See, MacArthur was used to pretty much "ruling" Japan, and started to ignore the chain of command as well as write letters and articles on what he though the U.S. should do about the Korean War. Military leaders simply don't do that in our country so Truman fired him - which lead to what we have today.

Had he not been so over-zelous, we may have done just that; invade China.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Have a mentel pic of the sence from Team America, " im so Lonely"

Thats it! Call in Team America with Matt Dammmmmmmmmon!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
It's just sabre rattling...

I agree. And even if North Korea did decide to make it a nuclear war,
it would be over in 5 minutes. They have less than a handfull of nukes
and they can barely reach California. We have enough to turn their
country into radioactive dust a thousand times over.

If they struck with a nuke first we would have the absolute right to
wipe them off the planet - which we would accomplish in less than
half an hour.

North Korea's threat is sabre rattling by a moron. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Im confused. Dont some of the US forumers know the geography, anyway... theres this place South Korea too, and its kinda Close to North Korea... and if NK attacked the US with nukes, the US would NEVER use nukes, because it would mean large scale devastation for the entire area....

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
ZENEM got a good point across

NK says it will launch an anhiliating and nuclear attack against the u.s if it senses a pre-emptive strike from us.

there interpretation of pre-emtive strike may be something like flying spy planes more frequently or something they are calling "war moves" NOT necessarily the U.S NUKING THEM FIRST

either way NK had some BALLS to say this, but there has got to be a bigger picture in there blatant stupidity

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Like he has that option? He might be able to hit SK, but then again he will become worm dirt within a few minutes if he opens the genie.

Kim el nutamungo is an idiot meglomaniac who doesnt have a clue.

Just how would he 'deliever' the weapon? PAC3 Patriots are there, USS Lake Erie is there....hmmm

I wonder if he gets the quality weed?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

If he Does then put me in touch with his dealer,as that some good # if he thinks that he can nuke the US and live to boast about it

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

If he Does then put me in touch with his dealer,as that some good # if he thinks that he can nuke the US and live to boast about it

Thats just it. HE CANT EVEN Nuke the US... Thats what is so damn funny about this.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
can i just say the war in iraq will be nothing like a war with korea, why lets see,
iraq have always claimed to have no wmd, iraq had no airforce, iraq had no submarines or battle ships, iraq had most of its artilley destroyed by the previous war, iraq is a highly religous country, and the everday civilain will be against causing any sort of harm to anybody, and im afraid to say korea has everthing iraq does not, and is not a country ruled by religion so pls if you are from the u.s pls dont let your country go to war, korea have blatently said, they not only have, but are also prepared to use nuclear weapons, something iraq could never say to the u.s, the leaders of these countrys do not want to lose there presidency/or dictatorship(would you), and they dont even need to test there long range missile, the point is thay have them, and stop saying oh how many nukes have they got just one nuke in a highly populated area could kill millions pls people think before you talk, u.s will lose i am nearly certain if not this war could bring us back in to the dark ages, stupid bush gets most of his advice from his dad why cant you guys elect a good president good in good person

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join