It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on FOX News N.Korea Officially says it will be Nuclear War if USA attacks them or strikes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Actually this whole site is a joke and you're just a clown.

Aww come on now Steve, theres a reason you've been registered to this site for several months now and you know it! Can't remember the last time i hung around a site that was a joke?

CX.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by steve99

Actually this whole site is a joke and you're just a clown.

Aww come on now Steve, theres a reason you've been registered to this site for several months now and you know it! Can't remember the last time i hung around a site that was a joke?

CX.

You are right there is some interesting stuff. But when I post my views I doin't expect to be laughed at, just debated. The guys still a clown.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If someone is making fun of others in a post or if they are posting in ways that do not contribute to the conversation then report them. The ATS mods will look into it and give warnings, bans, etc.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by deltaboy
I suggest you look at the world and realize you can't ignore a country like North Korea, nor can you turn your head away when North Korea talks. War was never over you know.

Actually I believe if we let this sleeping napoleonic complex "giant" stay put for a little bit longer, and attempt to build better ties with the surrounding countries, that we could eventually make it to where nothing ever launched past the borders of that country. War was never really over, except we left.

I too would prefer to wait a little bit longer until a nuclear war, as there are things that I believe we can do before it would get to that level. We see that there really wasn't as much of a threat as we first thought in Iraq. In my opinion we can count on a much higher amount of threat from N. Korea. So lets see if we can really be diplomatic about things, and try some other routes first.

This could always just be an opportunity to rally the American people and "reaffirm their resolve (as that word has to be used) to fight the war on terror." Something else to think about, how serious was this threat, and is the MSM blowing it out of proportion because that is what they're supposed to do?

Just my $.02

Your avatar scares the piss out of me. Literally.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by MajesticJax]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
If someone is making fun of others in a post or if they are posting in ways that do not contribute to the conversation then report them. The ATS mods will look into it and give warnings, bans, etc.

This is true, but at this point i'm just going to ask everyone to get back on topic and be civil to one another. No more name calling or being disrespectful.

Please,

mrwupy
ATS Moderator

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

We're fighting a war here, and we need to scare the terrorists.The terrorists are thinking of new ways to scare people, and so am I. I'm just doing my part.

I am interested to see what the president of North Korea really thinks he is doing. I mean, upon dwelling on the subject for a while, I started thinking about what someone can really do with a missile they haven't really tested before. The more I think about it, the more the whole thing sounds like just a distraction to keep us from dealing with more realistic issues that are going on at the moment.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think that lil kim was just getting jealous. see, we went after bin ladin because he did big damage on 9/11, then we went after Sadaam because of the big WMD thing, and now we are jumping on irans back because they want to have nuclear capability.

all the while lil kim is sitting there going "HEY WHAT ABOUT ME..IM A BIG BAD DICTATOR TOO" and he starts whining as usual.

he's just a complete baby

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Did someone hear something? What was that? North Korea still running its mouth?

Poor North Korea. Like some neglected kid still throwing tantrums to get attention. Thats all they need. A little attention.

In case they havent noticed, the US is too busy working out how to wipe out Iran to even care what North Korea, a starving, unstable country, is doing.

Which might be a good or bad thing.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Did someone hear something? What was that? North Korea still running its mouth?

Poor North Korea. Like some neglected kid still throwing tantrums to get attention. Thats all they need. A little attention.

In case they havent noticed, the US is too busy working out how to wipe out Iran to even care what North Korea, a starving, unstable country, is doing.

Which might be a good or bad thing.

couldnt of said it better lol....

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Put it this way. Bush invaded Iraq on the premise that they might have WMD. Now NK has threatened to use Nuclear missiles if the US pisses them off. The only difference is that NK doesn't have any oil and it actually has the balls to fight back so I don't think we'll see any military action anytime soon.

More differences than that.

For starters, last I checked, they really didn't have anything that could even reach us, (well maybe Hawaii), but then, haven't really cared. IF (and that's a big IF) they even tried this route, they'd be lucky to even get one hit...and the retalliation would simply mean NK being wiped off the map. So, not even an intelligent discussion really. IF they used nukes, the US would have no option of avoiding civillian casualties, they'd be forced to retalliate with nukes in order to avoid more hits. Therefore, nuclear warfare wouldn't do jack to the US, and would obliterate NK. Kim may be crazy, but he isn't stupid, and he knows this just as well as we do.

It's all saber rattling and rhetoric, and frankly, it's getting old. Obviously, some administration chronie said something over there to get the soundbite, and then of course, fed it through the intel channels to end up on FOX.... Seems like someone in Langley is playing ye old shell game....and trying to make distractions....

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
if N. KOREA tried to attack we would all may be surprised to see the capacities our militiary has and what the HAARP is really capable of such as blowing up a country

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
if N. KOREA tried to attack we would all may be surprised to see the capacities our militiary has and what the HAARP is really capable of such as blowing up a country

HAARP? Blow up a country?

Now that would be a sight to see! I think you need to get informed on the true and unnefarious purposes of HAARP.

But, as that's an entirely different topic, let's not go on about it in here.

[edit on 7/3/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by MajesticJax

We're fighting a war here, and we need to scare the terrorists.The terrorists are thinking of new ways to scare people, and so am I. I'm just doing my part.

I am interested to see what the president of North Korea really thinks he is doing. I mean, upon dwelling on the subject for a while, I started thinking about what someone can really do with a missile they haven't really tested before. The more I think about it, the more the whole thing sounds like just a distraction to keep us from dealing with more realistic issues that are going on at the moment.

Niteboy, I think you are on the right track.

If memory serves, I do not believe that North Korea has ever Actually tested a Nuclear device, either!

They have said that they have nuclear weapons, but have offered no proof of same. They may have sufficient fissile material to build a small number (10-20? I'm being generous here) of weapons; but it is along way from merely having the material to actually building something with it.

It is even more dificult to build something that works the way it's supposed to work when it's needed! How many bicycles built on Christmas Eve have fallen apart Christmas morning? And we're talking Nukes here, folks! From a country that can't keep its lights on!

NK is threatening the US with "Anhiliation" and "Nuclear War" if attacked? How? How would they carry out such a threat?

Even if they had a workable device, or several, it is most likely that such a weapon is in basic bomb form; it is extremely unlikely that they would have the technical sophistication to have developed a warhead small enough to fit one of thier missles.

Unless of course the North Koreans got more than just "help" from thier Pakistani friends!

So assuming thier weapon(s) is/are in bomb form, how would they deliver it? Plane? Truck? Boat? They must realize that any vehicle of any type leaving the country would be at least stopped, if not destroyed out-right.

IF NK has a Nuke, and IF that nuke actually works, despite never having been tested, and IF by some miracle that warhead was compact enough to fit on thier new missle, and IF that new missle, which also has never been tested, is fired toward US interests, and IF it is not shot down in time to prevent a cataclysm....Then! we have something to fret about.

Of course then the whole world will cheer the US on as it reduces NK to a smoking slag hole. It would mark the first time since 9/11 that the US would have the world's sympathy and sanction.

P.S. I've met a number of Drag Queens in my time, but that avatar is the first Queen to look like she's been Dragged at 60MPH over forty miles of bad road!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I think you need to get informed on the true and unnefarious purposes of HAARP.

What, like puncturing holes in the Ionosphere just to see what would happen?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why do people say "if they nuke us, we'll nuke them back and wipe them out"

The U.S would never use nukes, there are many ways to skin a cat, and even if attacked, I think the U.S is smart enough to know nukes would cause more problems than solve.

Im a firm believer that the U.S has better weapons for dealing with missile technology, nuke armed or not, than returning nuke for nuke, so to speak.
It doesn't spend the kind of money it does in its military budget for nothing. New weapons technology is something the U.S prides itself on, and pre-planning for events like a N.K attack in all its senario's, would be completely coverd from all angles.

The ONLY thing I would worry about, is those who know an attack is being planned and deem it "good for the cause" and allow it to happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

THEY WONT STRIKE US, IF WE DONT STRIKE THEM.

'nough said.

This is a rough world, and unless you are diligently working to bring the Apocalypse, we must leave those nuts alone.

This is one persons opinion- BUT its the rational one- the one that will keep us alive.

So, Bush, dont even go there.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by dgtempe]

I can understand not wanting to disturb a hornet's nest. But I would much rather wipe out a nest with only a few 'hornets' (nukes) than wait until there is a complete 'hive'. Right now it is believed that NK only has a handfull of nukes and certainly much less capability at present to deliver them.

Better to take this wacko out now than wait until they have a full arsenal. China will be the wild-card in this whole issue though and you can bet that Washington is ringing phones off the hook in Bejing at this moment.

W.E.S.B

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. North Korea is re-acting in a manner that any other country would exhibit if they too were being threatened. What else would you expect ? Whether they can carry out with their threat is another issue entirely.

brill

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Actually if Clinton took a more pro-active stance against terrorism we might have had the opportunity to avoid 9/11 but hindsight is 20/20 and you cant really fairly blame clinton for that. However you can blame him for selling nuclear and rocket technology to china and aiding pakistan in acquiring nuclear weapons and have started a regional cold war. '

you can also blame him for not immediately taking the threat of osama bin laden dseriously after the cole bombing.

Maybe if the Republicans hadn't been less tha cooperative, and continued the claims of Clinton "Wagging the Dog" while the Lewinsky garbage was going on, a lot more could have been accomplished. Don't forget for one second that the Republicans were less than cooperative during this time and completely ignored the threat as well. They were too busy on their own little private war.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
North Korea has this deal worked out:

1) Keep the country a basket case. For all the talk about "Juche", North Korea is a welfare state that is reliant on aid from the South, the US, and North Koreans in Japan who remit money back to the fatherland.

If they don't get paid off, they collapse, and there's now a huge refugee problem that nobody wants. Really.

2) Every few years, decide that what you're getting isn't enough. Do something nasty.

3) Once caught doing something nasty, go back to the negotiating table and try to wheedle a little something more from your three rich neighbors in the form of payouts.

4) Return to step 1 and start over.

There is plain and simply no political will to let North Korea collapse in on itself. Even in the South, where all the maps show one big unified Korea, and the propaganda for years ran that reunification should be the goal, the consensus across the entire non-loopy part of the political spectrum is that NK is too big, too poor, too farked up, and that a West Germany / East Germany style reunification will simply not work.

So we go on and on, year after year, and hope that they pull themselves together and get with the "Getting Rich is Glorious" plan one of these days.

Check out these forbidden photos from inside North Korea.: Take your time and look at all the photos. It will be time well spent.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Team america:world police gives an accurate portrayal of kim jong ill.

youtube.com...

Always good for a laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join