It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenges more then one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It might be true wat they say about those stonehenges, that it was some sort of alien landing place or some sort of a portal.

Take a look at this articale:

Stonehenge

If you have more then 2 they might be linked with one another who knows for wat they were used but its odd to see them on 2 difrent continents.

I'n my opinion they are some sort of marking spots for wat i dont know but its just a matter of time till we find them all (Stargate any one?)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are actually hundreds of henges and hundreds of stone circles (including "Medicine wheels" here in North America.) Some have stones set up so you can tell when it's midsummer and midwinter. Others have stones set up that mark when Venus is rising. Others seem to mark the phases of the moon. Others don't seem to have anything to do with astronomy or the sky.

So they didn't have the same purpose in different areas of the world.

As to Stargates? Well, no, there's no evidence of this. Today's ships and planes don't steer by landmarks but by radio beacons. They don't land in the middle of a field but in an area where they can be serviced and where people and cargo can be loaded and unloaded and transported to their destinations.

Were they teleporter areas? Not likely. There's no high tech surfacing there and in many of these henges there are people buried who are very human and very clearly dated to the Stone Age. When archaeologists dig around the stones and around the circle, they don't find unusual out of place high tech stuff. There aren't areas with unusual dirt shapes (like parking lots for vehicles) or straight roads leading away from there.

They are beautiful and interesting markers of some very old cultures whose people were just starting to farm and keep animals for food, and learning to make pottery and things out of copper and stone.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
byrd's right

now if it were an exact copy of stonehenge, that would be interesting

megalithic monuments older than stonehenge exist. you can go to the island of Malta and throw a stone in any direction a hit a megalithic site older than stonehenge (hyperbole for those thinking i'm serious).

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yup, there are lots of different 'henges' as they are called. Stonehenge is the most famous, probably because it is the most impressive and was the most difficult to construct. I did a bit of research on stonehenge a few years ago for school; quite interesting stuff. There are other 'henges' like one called Woodhenge, and lots of burial sites called 'barrows' and all sorts of cool things.

All of the ones I read about were in the UK; I don't know of any others anywhere else. Their dates of construction also vary quite a bit, so they were either built by different cultures or else by the same culture by multiple generations. (or both)

I forget the name of the book, but there is one by a guy called John North about Stonehenge that was pretty good. It was one of my main sources for my school research.

new topics

top topics

join